Best pub in Melbourne to watch the Western Bulldogs play

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 24, 2009
Preston
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Milk
Just wondering if someone can tell me the best pub (or pubs) in Melbourne for watching Bulldogs games?

I'm writing a series of articles for melbournepubculture.com on the best pubs for watching specific teams. I'm looking at the Bulldogs this week and I need to know which pubs are decked out with heaps of old bulldogs gurnseys/photos/painting etc. and which pubs are the best for bulldogs fan (heaps of other bulldogs suppporters, great TV/projecter, things like that.

From memory the front bar at The Prince Albert Hotel draws lots of support and has a few gurnseys. Anywhere else?

Thanks in advance for you help.

Never watched the footy there, or been in for that matter, but Braybrook hotel should get a mention for it's two statues out the front of EJ Whitten and Doug Hawkins

Used to be the Vic Inn in Williamstown until Mathieson changed it from a Bulldog to a Carlton venue (or something of that nature).

Now the best pub (bar) is the EJ Whitten Bar at Etihad itself. Real pots, best view in the house (other than the Medallion Club bar) and a good atmosphere.

the plough is no longer...the mona castle use to be one, then i showed up last week to watch it an no foxtel??? the blarney in yarraville had tons of doggie supporters though and had a great atmosphere

Now the best pub (bar) is the EJ Whitten Bar at Etihad itself. Real pots, best view in the house (other than the Medallion Club bar) and a good atmosphere.

Unfortunately its all plastic in there these days. Which is good in that you can now take it out to your seat, but you can't drink out of a glass or stubby anymore, just the standard plastic like at the MCG. The Medallion Club and the Arena View Restaurant next to EJ Whitten are about the only places that you can drink out of glass these days at the ground (not including corporate boxes etc).

was the buck in middle foots, but now i reckon it's the blarney in yarraville

Thank everyone for your help. I've finished the article and just published it today. You can check it out here: http://wp.me/p2kC1G-7U

If you think I've missed somewhere, or have any other thoughts, please leave a comment at the bottom of the article. I plan to re-visit these posts often to keep them up to date.

Thank again.

Brian.
MelbournePubculture.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Best pub in Melbourne to watch the Western Bulldogs play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back