List Mgmt. Best side for start of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t see him playing over Teakle

Dawson still looks a fair way off it
I hope Dawson can arrive “early”. He strikes me as possessing all the required elements to be a very effective component of our team. I really respect what Teakle has delivered so far. However, I can’t help thinking he’s not quite AFL standard. He’s in the same boat as Pink in my book. It disappoints me that I think like that. I’d dearly love to be proven wrong.

I hope Dawson can arrive “early”. He strikes me as possessing all the required elements to be a very effective component of our team. I really respect what Teakle has delivered so far. However, I can’t help thinking he’s not quite AFL standard. He’s in the same boat as Pink in my book. It disappoints me that I think like that. I’d dearly love to be proven wrong.
nah i rate Teakle

he is the perfect second ruck who can play forward and clunk a mark, loves a tackle also

Finnbar will challenge for his spot at some point in the year and maybe even CCJ

B- J.Archer A.Corr G.Logue
HB- C.Daniel C.Comben J.Goater
C- B.Scott G.Wardlaw C.Mckercher
HF- C.Zuuhuar N.Larkey Z.Duursma
F- P.Curtis J.Darling J.Konstanty
FOLL- T.Xerri H.Sheezel L.Davies-Uniacke
I/C- J.Simpkin, W.Phillips, L.Parker, T.Powell, C.Coleman-Jones

Emerg
D.Tucker, M.Bergman, L.McDonald, E.Ford, J.Stephenson, W.Dawson

B- J.Archer A.Corr G.Logue
HB- C.Daniel C.Comben J.Goater
C- B.Scott G.Wardlaw C.Mckercher
HF- C.Zuuhuar N.Larkey Z.Duursma
F- P.Curtis J.Darling J.Konstanty
FOLL- T.Xerri H.Sheezel L.Davies-Uniacke
I/C- J.Simpkin, W.Phillips, L.Parker, T.Powell, C.Coleman-Jones

Emerg
D.Tucker, M.Bergman, L.McDonald, E.Ford, J.Stephenson, W.Dawson
teakle over CCJ
think goater will take a bit of time to come back to afl level, fisher gets that spot imo or tucker to start the year

and give me FOS over bailey scott

This is actually a little harder than I thought it would be, we are developing some options.

B: Archer - Logue - Corr
HB: Daniel - Comben - Goater

C: McKercher - Wardlaw - Scott

HF: Parker - Darling - Zurhaar
F: Curtis - Larkey (C) - Duursma

R: Xerri - Davies-Uniacke - Sheezel (VC)

INT: Teakle - Powell - W Dawson - Ford - Simpkin

EM: Tucker - McDonald - Bergman - Fisher - Phillips

No pressure on the kid - but I want to see Stiffy Hardemann win the the Most Improved player in 2025. Displaces LMac and goes top 10 in the Syd Barker and gets a couple of Charlie votes. Slap me now if I am dreaming too much 😎
Slap GIF by United Wrestling Network
McDonald arnt going nowhere as a player in the NMFC AFL side or as Captain.
I realise this some time back and why fight it and it’s about time others start to realise this as well what ever the way this club has gone in the last 5 years the supporters don’t have a say.
The board of the NMFC with the coaching and players run the show the members/supporters that are the supporting class who put there $$$$ in each year but have no say and are treated like 💩.
The only way a supporter would have any say is if they involved as some sort of a higher form of a Woke BS Business.

Just looking at these teams, I think with Darling coming in, we can’t afford a 2nd ruck ie. Teakle. And if any combo of Jy, Parker and Darling is in the forward 50 then we need at least 1 of Hansen or Konstanty and possibly both down there otherwise that ball is coming out at a million miles an hour again.

Just looking at these teams, I think with Darling coming in, we can’t afford a 2nd ruck ie. Teakle. And if any combo of Jy, Parker and Darling is in the forward 50 then we need at least 1 of Hansen or Konstanty and possibly both down there otherwise that ball is coming out at a million miles an hour again.
darling is elite for tackle pressure if anything it allows us to keep playing the second ruck in teakle

Don't know why we're stuffing around with Wil Dawson in the VFL like we are.

He is a key defender. Train him to be the Harris Andrews we so desperately need rather than trying to make him serviceable in half a dozen different roles that we don't need him for.
Versatility is crucial in modern footy. We have Logue and Comben who can both play at either ends, so there’s no harm at all in being able to add more strings to Dawson’s bow. Defender’s often become better defender’s after doing a bit of an apprenticeship up forward and vice versa for forward’s.

Dawson spent a decent amount of time playing as a key forward and even in the ruck in his draft year, so it’s not like it’s a foreign position for him, like you’ve suggested. He actually only started playing in the backline in the last third of the season, so before the last handful of games of his draft year, he was probably more known as a key forward than a key defender. One of his biggest strengths and a big reason why clubs were interested in him was because of his versatility and ability to easily adapt to multiple positions.

Versatility is crucial in modern footy. We have Logue and Comben who can both play at either ends, so there’s no harm at all in being able to add more strings to Dawson’s bow. Defender’s often become better defender’s after doing a bit of an apprenticeship up forward and vice versa for forward’s.

Dawson spent a decent amount of time playing as a key forward and even in the ruck in his draft year, so it’s not like it’s a foreign position for him, like you’ve suggested. He actually only started playing in the backline in the last third of the season, so before the last handful of games of his draft year, he was probably more known as a key forward than a key defender. One of his biggest strengths and a big reason why clubs were interested in him was because of his versatility and ability to easily adapt to multiple positions.

That's great but it was his form as a key defender that put him in contention as a 1st round draft pick.

We desperately need a Harris Andrews type which he could easily be. I see far more value in giving him as much experience as possible in that role and fast tracking his development.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Best side for start of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back