HB - Goater - Logue - Daniel
C - McDonald - LDU - Ford
HF - Parker - Darling - Zurhaar
FF - Curtis - Larkey - Duursma
R - Xerri - Wardlaw - Sheezel

IC - Powell - Simpkin - Fisher - Mckercher
S - Scott

Eme: Teakle, Hardeman, Phillips

If THAT team produces dogshit on matchday, we have a cultural and coaching problem even bigger than we thought.

B - Archer - Comben - Corr
C - Scott - LDU - McKercher
FF - Curtis - Larkey - RHJ

IC - Powell - Simpkin - Tucker - Teakle
S - Fisher

Toss up between Duursma and RHJ but for balance I wanted a small fwd. Hope Konstanty also gets a run at it at some stage.

Also hope Maley can replace Teakle’s role as ruck forward.

S - Scott

Rather dodgy wing choices there. Probably our most talented 23, but don't think it'd be our most effective

B- Archer - Logue - Corr
HB- Daniel - Comben - McDonald
C- McKercher - LDU - Scott
HF- Parker - Darling - Zurrharr
F- Curtis - Larkey - Duursma
R- Xerri - Sheezel - Wardlaw

I/C Simpkin, Powell, Teakle, Tucker, Phillips

Emg. Stephens Hardeman, Fisher
( Goater to take McDonalds spot once fit)

Last edited:
B: Archer Logue Corr
HB: Fisher Comben Daniel
C: McKercher LDU Powell
HF: Curtis Darling Parker
F: Simpkin Larkey Zurhaar
R: Xerri Sheezel Wardlaw
I: Wilphil Teakle Tucker Duursma
S: Sleevo/konstanty

got goater missing coming back slowly through vfl from his injury but he will eventually get hbf which will move fish forward

EMG: Stephens Ford McDonald Scott
FB: Corr - Logue - Archer
HB: Goater -WDawson - Daniel
C: Scott - Parker - McKercher
HF: Duursma-Comben- Sheez
FF: Darling - Larkey - Curtis
R: Xerri - LDU - Wardlaw
I: Powell Simpkin Z HardeM
Sub: Luke

Em: JK Fisher Phillips Stephe

FB: Corr - Logue - Archer
HB: Goater -WDawson - Daniel
C: Scott - Parker - McKercher
HF: Duursma-Comben- Sheez
FF: Darling - Larkey - Curtis
R: Xerri - LDU - Wardlaw
I: Powell Simpkin Z HardeM
Sub: Luke

Em: JK Fisher Phillips Stephe
I like this and really like the idea of Parker being the general in the middle. We have more than enough mid size forwards who really can’t play anywhere else (Z, Duursma, Ford, Sleevo and injured George).

Last edited:

S - Scott

Would like to see more pace in the forward line. Let RHJ, Costanza, Payne and Pick #2 (or split picks) make their case over the Summer.

Was thinking at the start of the 2023 season for Round 1, Clarko dropped Goldy and said X had the spot. You’re a proud man, but this is a message to the squad no more gifted games. We know X went down with that bad ankle injury, and Goldy came in to cover.

So come round 1 it will be interesting if the 2024 Captains (not sure they will be in 2025) will the same logic above be applied? I am hoping LMac and Jy lead by example over the Summer, and throw the gauntlet down to the young pups and say, “it’s here if you want it. You will just need to step over our dead bodies to get it.” Coaches need to have a KPI of no more gifted games, no matter who you are on the list. Ground zero for all 44 on the list.

Was thinking at the start of the 2023 season for Round 1, Clarko dropped Goldy and said X had the spot. You’re a proud man, but this is a message to the squad no more gifted games. We know X went down with that bad ankle injury, and Goldy came in to cover.

So come round 1 it will be interesting if the 2024 Captains (not sure they will be in 2025) will the same logic above be applied? I am hoping LMac and Jy lead by example over the Summer, and throw the gauntlet down to the young pups and say, “it’s here if you want it. You will just need to step over our dead bodies to get it.” Coaches need to have a KPI of no more gifted games, no matter who you are on the list. Ground zero for all 44 on the list.
LMac can lead by example all he wants over summer however it won't change the fact that he's a very limited footballer.

I agree, I hope Clarko takes the same approach with LMac, like he did with Goldy as you say, and let him know Caleb Daniel has taken his spot.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely, we can't be serious if we're sticking with LMac and Jy as our captains next year. Definitely time for a change in leadership.
We will know how serious the club is about searching for real improvement by what changes are made in the Captaincy and to an extent the leadership team.

The captaincy is the single most important change required - and if not made will make irrelevant whatever other changes or decisions we have made or intend making.

Big question will be if we play a 2nd ruck (teakle or ccj) meaning 3 talls considering how many medium forwards we have who lack defensive pressure. Darling adds pressure which is a bonus considering he's a tall but we've seen how bad transition from our forward 50 can be against us. Think club needs to work on zurhaar Curtis and Duursmas sprinting over preseason

Big question will be if we play a 2nd ruck (teakle or ccj) meaning 3 talls considering how many medium forwards we have who lack defensive pressure. Darling adds pressure which is a bonus considering he's a tall but we've seen how bad transition from our forward 50 can be against us. Think club needs to work on zurhaar Curtis and Duursmas sprinting over preseason
We will, getting a pressure tall like darling allows us to keep rolling with that setup
Teakle will start but expect Finnbar and cj to eventually challenge him for that spot

FB - Archer Logue Corr
HB - Daniel Chom Goater
C - Mckercher Parker Scott
HF - Curtis Darling Sheezel
FF - Duursma Larkey Zurhaar
R - Xerri LDU Wardlaw

IC - Simpkin, Teakle, Powell, Fisher
SUB- Konstanty/Ford/Tucker

The sooner Tucker, Mcdonald and Fisher types aren’t considered b23 the better.

FB - Archer Logue Corr
HB - Daniel Chom Goater
C - Mckercher Parker Scott
HF - Curtis Darling Sheezel
FF - Duursma Larkey Zurhaar
R - Xerri LDU Wardlaw

IC - Simpkin, Teakle, Powell, Fisher
SUB- Konstanty/Ford/Tucker

The sooner Tucker, Mcdonald and Fisher types aren’t considered b23 the better.
Unfortunately McDonald will start in Round 1 in the AFL on the ground and as Captain .
Iv finally woke up to the fact McDonald can play so poor and will never be dropped and with the knowledge the players will vote him as Captain.

I’ll be astounded if Goater plays round 1

Rate him but think club will be conservative with him and build up
His tank
Potentially, but if he's upright i'd think he has a decent chance. He only need be that to be better than Luke M, Fisher et al which he probably is and he's taller, faster and a better kick.

Potentially, but if he's upright i'd think he has a decent chance. He only need be that to be better than Luke M, Fisher et al which he probably is and he's taller, faster and a better kick.
No he will need a good amount of time in the vfl getting his confidence and conditioning back. Hopefully plays games in second half of year, reckon he can play.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Best side for start of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back