List Mgmt. Best side for start of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

No he will need a good amount of time in the vfl getting his confidence and conditioning back. Hopefully plays games in second half of year, reckon he can play.
agree but don't think he needs that long in the vfl

could see goater come back into the senior team after a solid month of vfl

We will, getting a pressure tall like darling allows us to keep rolling with that setup
Teakle will start but expect Finnbar and cj to eventually challenge him for that spot

CJ... lol. Dead and buried that bloke. Won't play another game of AFL unless there is an absolute train wreck of injuries and he does a Bradbury. Bookmark it!

FB - Archer, Logue, Corr ( Hardeman)
HB - Daniel, Comben, Powell*
C - Mckercher ,Parker, Scott
HF -Zurhaar Darling Sheezel
FF - Curtis ,Larkey, Duursma (Konstanty)
R - Xerri, LDU, Wardlaw

IC from: Simpkin, Stephens, Teakle, Ford, Phillips, Tucker
SUB- Goater/Tucker/Stephenson/Fisher

Powell off HB can also alternate in the Mid/and or wing

No room for LMac ( I know he's serious out there, just looks as though its all sh!ts and giggles to him) make an example have a month in the VFL and see were he sits.

No room for Stephenson - Last chance - Extract the digit also a month or so in VFL other wise Gone!

1 Captain - either Simpkin or Larkey
VC- Sheezel/Xerri/LDU
DVC - Scott/Powell

Last edited:

FB- Archer, Logue, Corr
HB- Daniel, Comben, McDonald
C- Scott, Parker, Mckercher
HF- Simpkin, Darling, Sheezel
F- Curtis, Larkey, Zurhaar
R- Xerri, LDU, Powell

IC- Wardlaw, Teakle, Tucker, Fisher, RHj

Bolded are players who I think are locks in their position. Out of the starting 18, only Scott I think is no guarantee to be best 22 round 1.

On the bench, Wardlaw is a lock best 22 and may well start on the ground.

The reason why Logue, Corr and Comben aren’t bolded is that they’ve basically played **** all footy together and it remains to be seen how they work together as unit. Compared to other sides it’s a pretty tall combination without a lot of rebound.

Still a ton of ?’s on what our best combination/set-up is imo. And it won’t get any easier in the early rounds with Duursma, maybe Goater, maybe pick 2 etc. as options.

Top of the priority list for the coaches is to get some certainty around roles and structures over the first half the season I reckon.

FB- Archer, Logue, Corr
HB- Daniel, Comben, McDonald
C- Scott, Parker, Mckercher
HF- Simpkin, Darling, Sheezel
F- Curtis, Larkey, Zurhaar
R- Xerri, LDU, Powell

IC- Wardlaw, Teakle, Tucker, Fisher, RHj

Bolded are players who I think are locks in their position. Out of the starting 18, only Scott I think is no guarantee to be best 22 round 1.

On the bench, Wardlaw is a lock best 22 and may well start on the ground.

The reason why Logue, Corr and Comben aren’t bolded is that they’ve basically played **** all footy together and it remains to be seen how they work together as unit. Compared to other sides it’s a pretty tall combination without a lot of rebound.

Still a ton of ?’s on what our best combination/set-up is imo. And it won’t get any easier in the early rounds with Duursma, maybe Goater, maybe pick 2 etc. as options.

Top of the priority list for the coaches is to get some certainty around roles and structures over the first half the season I reckon.
Good side. I don’t think Parker is a lock to play centre. I think he’ll play at the very most 50% midfield, more so when opposition get a run on of goals

Good side. I don’t think Parker is a lock to play centre. I think he’ll play at the very most 50% midfield, more so when opposition get a run on of goals
That’s fair enough - I based that lock on the coaches wanting to add a senior player in each third of the ground, but I could be wrong. I personally wouldn’t be bothered if he was more 50/50.

Konstanty a key in and doesn't get a look-in at the 23. Top-notch journalism there.

That forward line will leak rebounds like a sieve and put undue pressure on Curtis to be the rover for the fourth year in a row, especially with the two mediums on the bench. Any way we can rig up a Frankenstein machine and morph Hansen and Konstanty into the one player?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Best side for start of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back