Best speccy ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

ablett4_smaller.jpg

Any Gazza's Multiple Hangs is better than the OP

The best part about that mark is he is actually taking steps on the guys back, and takes it well above his head. I'm not sure a ball has been higher when it was actually taken.

Whilst he may not have been as high as Smith - i reckon the ball was.

Just about any of Nic Naitanui's would be taking the ball higher. Naitanui is 2m tall, Mitchell was a midget. The first 35 cm of Mitchells leap is only getting him to the same height as Naitanui standing. Or in other words, if NicNat puts his knee on that blokes shoulder he's taking it at least as high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats' because you don't see the hover effect, Ryan actually jumps so high he fly's over the pack, but the picture doesn't lie!

The picture does lie because in it you wouldn't think Ian Stewart has jumped back into the pack as the film shows. Ian Synman is also slumping while Big Billy has his foot up there.

I suppose it's one of those things where when I first saw that pic as a kid I thought he's about to get some secondary elevation and was hanging right up there. But Bill being a fairly large bloke he never had the sort of sit or hangtime I thought the pic suggested.

Nevertheless, if i'd been alive to see that mark at a game I would have gone ape droppings lol

i was in the bay in front of that mark. about 15 rows back. without a word of a lie, i swear he was at the same height we were watching that mark. absolutely phenomenal grab

Jay Schulz says hi

Hi Jay Schulz!

Jeremy Howe does this every week, wouldn't even be proud of that one!

Especially considering it was behind the goal...

Someone draft this bloke

more flexibility than actual vertical spring imo.
Still a brilliant jump but if you got him to try and do that same jump with a basketball in his hand and asked him to slam dunk, wouldn't get the same hang-time or height that Nate Robinson, Kadour Ziani or Spud Webb could achieve in their glory days.

Some footballers could do similar as well.
Trent Croad had a phenomenal standing vertical jump and today's high fliers would do a lot of those plyometric exercises.

Here's a nice classic collection, not the greatest quality of video. I always loved Winmar's around 5:26, huge leap, probably not done justice by changing the camera angle halfway through the mark. Great call by Sandy also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Best speccy ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back