Betting websites

Remove this Banner Ad

did they claim it came from a different part of the site?
the exact wording was
because the wager that you placed didn't have
> anything directly to do with the Carlton vs Collingwood outcome it
> wasn't eligible for the promotion.
>
>
> Had your wager been on the Match then it would have been refunded

basically works as follows:

I don't know how he's done it, because from what I'm looking at, vBulletin doesn't allow you to execute html code directly (e.g <a href> tags don't work), and the URL tag they do provide doesn't allow additional conditions, such as "OnMouseOver". :confused:

But sure enough, if you open the link in Safari, for a split microsecond you can see the affiliate link.

Doesn't show in any other browser (IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome) as far as I can see.

Sneaky little ****.

So you didn't follow the promotion rules therefore it's there fault? Get real!

a. when did I apportion blame, I merely pointed out they weren't my favourite bookie
b. who'd have thought a bet on the crowd at the Carlton vs collingwood match wouldn't count as a bet on the Carlton vs collingwood match

don't worry sleeping tiger. obviously the domain owner is the affiliate. learned something new today.

lenny, i bet your the type that has bought insurance for your house and burnt it down the next day but when you went to claim you couldn't because you didn't read between the lines that you had to have it for 12 months to be able to start claiming. i get it you hate sportsbet but they didn't do anything wrong on this occasion, next time read between the lines. that goes for all bookies promotions.

So you didn't follow the promotion rules therefore it's there fault? Get real!
Having said that, bookies will try sly stuff to catch people like this.

Last week Centrebet had the Get on hot streak, horse betting promotion.

Your bets on the first 5 races would attract the extra winnings in this promotion. They had ample space to point out that it was in fact the first 5 races at ASCOT, and nowhere else, but they kept this little tidbit down in the Terms and Conditions.

Now yes I understand you should read the T and C, which on this occassion I did, but seriously how hard is it to in the promotion say, the first 5 races at Ascot?

It is not hard, but the reason they don't do it is quite clear. I bet some out there got caught with this, as some do every week.

Having said that, bookies will try sly stuff to catch people like this.

Last week Centrebet had the Get on hot streak, horse betting promotion.

Your bets on the first 5 races would attract the extra winnings in this promotion. They had ample space to point out that it was in fact the first 5 races at ASCOT, and nowhere else, but they kept this little tidbit down in the Terms and Conditions.

Vince, do you mean the weekend just gone? Because I didn't bet at Ascot, and ended up with 2 free bets with the 2 winners I had a centrebet.

Vince, do you mean the weekend just gone? Because I didn't bet at Ascot, and ended up with 2 free bets with the 2 winners I had a centrebet.
Yeah I did. The promotion said when I looked that if you backed a winner in the first 5 races, you would get 100% bonus up to $20. In the T and C it said it related to first 5 races at Ascot.

I just checked the email I got on Friday, and it said matched bets up to $20 for any winners on your first 5 aussie bets on Saturday, so now I am confused!

What could have happened is they just cut and pasted their T and C, which could have been an old promotion. I have seen this done with the football bonus T and C's at times.

I backed 2 winners aswell, but never put in the code because I wasn't betting at Ascot. Doh!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What could have happened is they just cut and pasted their T and C, which could have been an old promotion. I have seen this done with the football bonus T and C's at times.

They often make mistakes on their T&C's, I just always put the code in regardless, if it works then :thumbsu:

don't worry sleeping tiger. obviously the domain owner is the affiliate. learned something new today.

lenny, i bet your the type that has bought insurance for your house and burnt it down the next day but when you went to claim you couldn't because you didn't read between the lines that you had to have it for 12 months to be able to start claiming. i get it you hate sportsbet but they didn't do anything wrong on this occasion, next time read between the lines. that goes for all bookies promotions.
yep, thats it entirely

the t&cs are now down but were up this afternoon, simply says place a bet on the carlton/collingwood match - my reading of "match" differs from theirs. its because i get on well with sportsbet that I've let it go as its not worth getting them offside for $25

yep, thats it entirely

the t&cs are now down but were up this afternoon, simply says place a bet on the carlton/collingwood match - my reading of "match" differs from theirs. its because i get on well with sportsbet that I've let it go as its not worth getting them offside for $25

They like you winning all the free bet comps? ;)

Yeah I did. The promotion said when I looked that if you backed a winner in the first 5 races, you would get 100% bonus up to $20. In the T and C it said it related to first 5 races at Ascot.

I just checked the email I got on Friday, and it said matched bets up to $20 for any winners on your first 5 aussie bets on Saturday, so now I am confused!

I backed 2 winners aswell, but never put in the code because I wasn't betting at Ascot. Doh!

Vince, the promo last weekend was for your first 5 bets in Australian racing.

The Ascot promo was ages ago. It was a promotion that ran during the Royal Ascot carnival.

Vince, the promo last weekend was for your first 5 bets in Australian racing.

The Ascot promo was ages ago. It was a promotion that ran during the Royal Ascot carnival.
So I wasn't seeing things then haha, I am 100% certain that is what was in the t and c's, so I didn't put the code in. Oh well

Remove this Banner Ad

Betting websites

Remove this Banner Ad

Back