Roast Bevo pull your ******* head in

Remove this Banner Ad

Another point against is it doesn’t allow us the ability to wrap the player who marks up and waste a further few seconds. I hate that this is allowed as it’s a huge time waster but it goes unpenalised 99.9% of the time and EVERY club does this - we don’t because we’re too busy scampering 10m behind the play
A month on and yet still we just don’t get it, you could see the players almost give up on this tonight because they’re not flipping stupid. Yet apparently he we still are

Bottom line, he should be gone. This club has underperformed in the the past 4-5 years.

I suspect he will still be coach next year and maybe beyond. He’ll either realise his faults and we’ll make a run at it, or he won’t and we’ll be in a messy “sack the coach/burn the club down” period in 2023/2024.

Smartest in the room as always. Thanks for 2016 but time to take your massive pay check and posse of VFL yes-men coaches/players and run. Cannot waste another season with this talented list due to your constant ridiculous team selections and stubborn game day tactics.
I'm sure this week he'll muster up some depression era backs against the wall folk story "theme" to fire up the boys, scrape a few courageous wins by seasons end, making up for his outdated coaching ability for another season.

Did I hear him right in the presser. That we are looking at the now, but also going through a period of change and trying things with a look towards the future?

Can anyone else remember a coach who takes that mindset after coming off a grand final, twice, given we apparently did the same thing in 2017.

Other than a 10 week period last season where we had consistency with team selection, Bevo just creates new problems for himself.

Did I hear him right in the presser. That we are looking at the now, but also going through a period of change and trying things with a look towards the future?

Can anyone else remember a coach who takes that mindset after coming off a grand final, twice, given we apparently did the same thing in 2017.

Other than a 10 week period last season where we had consistency with team selection, Bevo just creates new problems for himself.

Easton wood forward
Dunkley and Bont taking ruck contests
Cordy back/fwd/ruck
Schache back/fwd/ruck
Richards back/wing/fwd
Libba forward (early this year)
Hannan back last night
Keath has been tried forward
Treloar back last night

Have I missed any?

Easton wood forward
Dunkley and Bont taking ruck contests
Cordy back/fwd/ruck
Schache back/fwd/ruck
Richards back/wing/fwd
Libba forward (early this year)
Hannan back last night
Keath has been tried forward
Treloar back last night

Have I missed any?

Lewis Young

The Treloar/Hannan thing makes sense when you realise that this is the same coach that moved Crozier, one of our best in the backline at the time, to the forward line (and was that his first stint in there for years?) for an elimination final. Very similar vibes I have to say.

Interesting that he said in his presser you need conviction, preparation and sophistication in your brand/system for the team to succeed (or something like that).

He then followed that up with, and "I think we have the sophistication".

There is a lot to unpack from those statements and most not good. But the way I interpret that is pointing the finger at the players ie my system works and they're not following it. I m a genius and they won't do what I'm asking.

This could get very ugly over the next few weeks. Has a whif of McCartney about it. Need a proper review of all of our off field structures and personnel.

Last edited:
his biggest failing this year is to think you can rob your strength (midfield) to plug injury/ form gaps elsewhere.
all that's happened is that the midfield gets weakened/beaten and the other gaps remain weaknesses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listened to beveridge’s press conference and the take aways for me were the following.

When asked about what has gone wrong this year he refused to acknowledge anything had gone wrong and talked about other teams improving then said something interesting. He said to right up there you need to get the following right conviction, preparation and sophistication.

To me conviction means the players attitude and commitment to the plan and doing the work.
Preparation would be your pre season, week to week/game to game training and recovery.
Sophistication is your game plan for your team and your opposition and selection etc.

He said we have gotten the sophistication right but lacked in the other two areas. Even at this point he won’t acknowledge his plans aren’t working and basically blamed the players and other staff for the situation in a round about way.

He also said we are in a period of transition again especially in the backline. Why does he think it’s normal to be in a period of transition each year after a grand final. Also we are in transition back there through his choice. He chose to play treloar and Hannan back there, they weren’t forced changes back there they were a choice.

I fear for the direction we take unless someone within the club uses their voice because the president has shown no signs of interest, she’s unsighted. It might take a griffen style trade request to wake everyone up.

Listened to beveridge’s press conference and the take aways for me were the following.

When asked about what has gone wrong this year he refused to acknowledge anything had gone wrong and talked about other teams improving then said something interesting. He said to right up there you need to get the following right conviction, preparation and sophistication.

To me conviction means the players attitude and commitment to the plan and doing the work.
Preparation would be your pre season, week to week/game to game training and recovery.
Sophistication is your game plan for your team and your opposition and selection etc.

He said we have gotten the sophistication right but lacked in the other two areas. Even at this point he won’t acknowledge his plans aren’t working and basically blamed the players and other staff for the situation in a round about way.

He also said we are in a period of transition again especially in the backline. Why does he think it’s normal to be in a period of transition each year after a grand final. Also we are in transition back there through his choice. He chose to play treloar and Hannan back there, they weren’t forced changes back there they were a choice.

I fear for the direction we take unless someone within the club uses their voice because the president has shown no signs of interest, she’s unsighted. It might take a griffen style trade request to wake everyone up.
it sounds like he is inferring that the outside 5 tactic works but you need to execute it properly (intensively) and that the players are failing at it

Why is it a piss take? He can coach, was in charge of a club with no soul and took it places..
Like someone said above, wouldn't take the piss when picking teams, doesn't have a hate for ruckman and fair chance he would delist Roarke and Gardner when he gets here.
Leon wouldn’t take the piss picking teams? The man sat Coniglio in a forward pocket for 2 years

Hannan, Scott Treloar experiments are just hilarious. He has absolutely no respect for defenders that he believes just anyone can do it - even the most offensively minded players in the team. THEY. CAN. NOT. DEFEND.

Just laughable decisions.

The Hannan experiment in particular. Baffling to play him back , all he did was fall over and put himself in positions where swans players were forward of the ball . I can’t understand why crozier was not in, or at least Schache playing on a tall forward.

In a critical game, if you are going to play him - play him high forward and drop JJ back.

Keath is injured , period.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Hannan experiment in particular. Baffling to play him back , all he did was fall over and put himself in positions where swans players were forward of the ball . I can’t understand why crozier was not in, or at least Schache playing on a tall forward.

In a critical game, if you are going to play him - play him high forward and drop JJ back.

Keath is injured , period.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Imagine Bevo coming up to you, and you are Treloar and Hannan, and telling you you’ll be experimented down back this week in a do or die game. Hannan in particular who has been out with a really bad concussion.

I’d be ropable.

Imagine Bevo coming up to you, and you are Treloar and Hannan, and telling you you’ll be experimented down back this week in a do or die game. Hannan in particular who has been out with a really bad concussion.

I’d be ropable.
If I was Treloar I'd be pissed.
If I was Hannan I'd be rapt I conned this guy into giving me another game.

Hannan played back in the VFL and wasn't overly great in defence. That's fine experimenting in the VFL, but If it doesn't work at VFL level, how will it work at AFL level? It's not like we had no options, Cleary had a much better game in the VFL and was one of our better players on the day.

I continue to be surprised by Bevo's experiments and I really don't know why I am. I think this one takes the cake though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Bevo pull your ******* head in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back