Roast Bevo pull your ******* head in

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing with the Hannan move is that he has played his best footy for us (like 3 reasonable games) negating interceptors up forward. He should have been sitting on a mccartin

But nah let's sit him down back where we can make the most of his elite hands and pinpoint footskills while mccartin intercepts everything up the other end

Feelings of anger, dismay and laughter at the way our side was selected and set up this week

Sorry but Bevo has lost the plot

If Gordon was around we would have heard something.
Give me something on our year so far.
Please Kylie and CG , we need a response

Bevo should probably go, because the list we've built seems to have largely been in accordance with his wishes, but the idea we have a great list massively underperforming due to selection is wrong. We have a terribly balanced list slightly underperforming due to injuries/selection/confidence. There is no point having ~6 AA level players if they're all in the same part of the ground. Our issue is we literally cannot defend because we have 2 competent defenders and one of them is injured. Dale and Daniel are great but we only need one in defence. Add Hawkins, Dusty, and prime Franklin to our list and we still don't win a flag this year. We are so imbalanced that our team would be substantially better if we did a direct swap with Brisbane Macrae and Daniel for Starcevich and Darcy Gardiner. That's how bad our defence is.

Give me something on our year so far.
Please Kylie and CG , we need a response

Maybe the new president is watching and analysing within our football department what is working and what’s not working then when she has all the data making the necessary changes

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

im @!@#% gutted....had a bet with my son(early in season) about whose team would finish higher on ladder, atm im not real confident of winning.... f&^K u bevo looks like i gotta have a f$%^&$ing collingwood sticker on my letter box for the rest of yr and off season

Did not expect the heat bulldust. We have already been blown away in the first quarter by the dees, the blues, the cats, the hawks and now the swans. Reeks of a coach and a team that are happy with themselves because we won the flag 2016 and made the GF in 2021. Well that is hardly a sustained period of success. If Libba has an off night and cannot ignite the team there is no one else. For some reason hopefully injury that can be fixed in the off season our captain cannot do it this season.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gordon was a regular on radio and was the spokesperson for the 18 club presidents/chairs for a big percentage of his tenure. The reality is that we were spoilt with the amount of media coverage Gordon got as most club presidents/chairs aren't regularly heard from.

If anyone truly thinks that KWW is just sitting back twiddling thumbs, they have NFI.

Gordon was a regular on radio and was the spokesperson for the 18 club presidents/chairs for a big percentage of his tenure. The reality is that we were spoilt with the amount of media coverage Gordon got as most club presidents/chairs aren't regularly heard from.

If anyone truly thinks that KWW is just sitting back twiddling thumbs, they have NFI.

I think you are right you can’t be head of Disney and be a nice person. :). Just ask George Lucas

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hope KWW is on the case because we paid members deserve some response.
Whether that is now or later is up to Kylie.

Did I hear him right in the presser. That we are looking at the now, but also going through a period of change and trying things with a look towards the future?

Can anyone else remember a coach who takes that mindset after coming off a grand final, twice, given we apparently did the same thing in 2017.

Other than a 10 week period last season where we had consistency with team selection, Bevo just creates new problems for himself.

Muddled thinking on and off the field. Yeah, that's where we're at.

Shocked Episode 19 GIF by The Simpsons

What is she doing ?

I think questions should be directed to Chris Grant and our CEO not the Board. One is operational the other side is governance.

There is so much I love about Bevo, the way he protects his players from the media, his ability to think outside the square, I mean Matthew Boyd was a good midfielder, and a must have in SuperCoach :p, and we all groaned when Bevo put him in the backline, but he won a premiership there. His ability to motivate is his greatest strength. Yep, it doesn’t always work, Crozier and Woody in the forward line was a bust. Bailey Dale in the backline was a win though.

Bevo coached the Premiership backline at Hawthorn so I think he has an idea on defenders. He tried very hard to pry Soldo out of Richmond, so he does value rucks, but they have to offer more around the ground than tap outs.

I agree with comments on the assistants, we have lost three very good assistants, one unexpectedly when he took a better offer at Carlton. The scramble to get others has not produced quality. The fact our assistants are so sort after tells me a lot.

I think a lot of our problems are from last year. The players didn’t take the break from the bye, continued to train thinking we would get long break after the next game, COVID changed those plans, we looked exhausted coming into the back end of the season, losses to Hawthorn and Essendon and Brisbane’s time keeper cost us top four by the smallest of margins. We all know the circus the players were put through during the finals, not allowed to even go for a walk after plane flights and even games.

Short pre season, lack of conditioning, injuries, Woody retiring, the list goes on and on. We all know that football is a game of cms and we are a metre behind this year.

Don’t make finals, get the players with injuries in for ops now, use our good draft hand to fix holes in our list, mainly the backline, review our assistant coaches and conditioning staff. Have an early pre season and come out firing. It’s what the Bulldogs do.

“Not ready for the onslaught (first qtr)”- from the presser really annoys me.

Baffling. So Sydney had to win to stay in the hunt for top four, and could have been out of the eight with a loss. It was as close to a must win for the dogs as you’d get in a home and away game at this point of the year. Sydney had been likely pilloried inside the four walls of the club after last week.

Yet the dogs weren’t ready for a high tempo/pressure contest in the first quarter?

**** off. Honestly. What the hell are we doing here?

I think questions should be directed to Chris Grant and our CEO not the Board. One is operational the other side is governance.

There is so much I love about Bevo, the way he protects his players from the media, his ability to think outside the square, I mean Matthew Boyd was a good midfielder, and a must have in SuperCoach :p, and we all groaned when Bevo put him in the backline, but he won a premiership there. His ability to motivate is his greatest strength. Yep, it doesn’t always work, Crozier and Woody in the forward line was a bust. Bailey Dale in the backline was a win though.

Bevo coached the Premiership backline at Hawthorn so I think he has an idea on defenders. He tried very hard to pry Soldo out of Richmond, so he does value rucks, but they have to offer more around the ground than tap outs.

I agree with comments on the assistants, we have lost three very good assistants, one unexpectedly when he took a better offer at Carlton. The scramble to get others has not produced quality. The fact our assistants are so sort after tells me a lot.

I think a lot of our problems are from last year. The players didn’t take the break from the bye, continued to train thinking we would get long break after the next game, COVID changed those plans, we looked exhausted coming into the back end of the season, losses to Hawthorn and Essendon and Brisbane’s time keeper cost us top four by the smallest of margins. We all know the circus the players were put through during the finals, not allowed to even go for a walk after plane flights and even games.

Short pre season, lack of conditioning, injuries, Woody retiring, the list goes on and on. We all know that football is a game of cms and we are a metre behind this year.

Don’t make finals, get the players with injuries in for ops now, use our good draft hand to fix holes in our list, mainly the backline, review our assistant coaches and conditioning staff. Have an early pre season and come out firing. It’s what the Bulldogs do.
None of that matters If the coach doesn't pull his head out of his ass

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Bevo pull your ******* head in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back