Fantasy BFFFL-1 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: BigFooty Fantasy Football League

And thanks to Brasher and Woodson for knocking off two of my fellow divisional rivals, Vick & Marcuz respectively :thumbsu:

First win was way overdue. My first two picks have been a nightmare to determine when they are ready to play. :mad: Hopefully with KURT WARNER running the system, (are you paying attention dspeed??) ;), that my team can suddenly flourish with RB Jacobs returning, Brees waking up & the Snapperhead D are not far away from TURNING it all around. 1-4 into 4-4 is credible.

Trade accepted in BigFooty Fantasy Football League

Teams Involved:
GG Teabaggers - GG Eden
Mizza's Milkers - Stephen Goed

PUBE trades Ahman Green, Hou RB to Milkers
PUBE trades Joey Galloway, TB WR to Milkers
MILK trades Dominic Rhodes, Oak RB to Teabaggers
MILK trades Sidney Rice, Min WR to Teabaggers

Not 100 % convinced by this one gg?

Would like to get your thoughts on the benefits from your teams point of view.

I will be protesting that...

Well, mizza is a div. rival of mine, so do not want him to get any help. But I cannot see why gg would, so he obviously thinks this deal is good for him, or he would not do it. I just want to get his thoughts, might be quite valid?

Well, mizza is a div. rival of mine, so do not want him to get any help. But I cannot see why gg would, so he obviously thinks this deal is good for him, or he would not do it. I just want to get his thoughts, might be quite valid?

gg has some weird and wonderful ideas. I think he gets ahead of himself sometimes ?? :confused:

Don't see any benefit in that trade... plus Rhodes comes into a backfield where Jordan is dominating... and Fargas came up big in absence... duno whats going on. Maybe he thinks Rhodes will get trade to Tampa?

gg has some weird and wonderful ideas. I think he gets ahead of himself sometimes ?? :confused:

Don't see any benefit in that trade... plus Rhodes comes into a backfield where Jordan is dominating... and Fargas came up big in absence... duno whats going on. Maybe he thinks Rhodes will get trade to Tampa?

It seems to be a bit of a reach on Rhodes becoming the feature back. Unlikely if Jordan comes up, and after Fargas efforts even backup duties will be shared.
Likewise Rice for Galloway? Dont know too much on Rice (he aint Jerry), but Galloway is the number 1 WR at TB, so might be a reach on that as well?

Not 100 % convinced by this one gg?

Would like to get your thoughts on the benefits from your teams point of view.

I will be protesting that...

Why the protest danielz? Dont be a duffer!

Thoughts? Well, there are manyfold. I want Rhodes because I believe the Raiders running game is elite. Jordan MAY be constantly out, so I want a healthy back. I see Rhodes taking the starter role as Jordan struggles, and if Bush returns, can have the 1-2 Bush-Rhodes combo. Fargas will start for now, but he isnt a great RB anyway. In his 179 yrd performance, he showed why he's a #3 and not a #1 or 2. He isnt that good. Rhodes will probably be #2 for now, but will be #2 behind Jordan, and even then, Jordan looks like this will be a chronic back problem. Why i got rid of him in Danielz league as well.

Sidney Rice, imo, is a #1 soon. I wont explain why. But the Vikings passing game will improve a little. But him at #1 and clearly, will mean good numbers than what Galloway is getting due to Tampa Bay now having Galloway-Hilliard stealing receptions of each other. Galloway is older too, and I may want to Keep Rice next season. I see him as being a playmaker, able to get TDs in jump-ball situations. He has good athleticism in that regard. The type you could throw the ball too.

I already have a Bowe, someone who's like a Braylon Edwards or Burress or Coles receiver...who'll get the big yards and TDs. I wanted another one. Galloway wasn't doing it for me, especially with Hilliard stealing receptions now.

Also, I've been trying to trade Green-Foster for a better back. And Galloway-Berrian for that one big time receiver. I've been shopping the trade deals around to everyone and everyone's rejected me. I'm even offering often 5 players for 2. Or 4 for 2. And still no takers. One of the reasons I'm given is Green's knee. Or Galloway too old and no keeper value. Etc.

So, no reason for anyone to complain when I've been giving them the chance at taking Foster-Green-Galloway-Berrian in a package deal for 2 players. Etc. Yet being rejected because people say Foster is no good. Green is too injured. Galloway is too old.

Another reason is Selvin Young will start soon for the Broncos, who have a great running game. I know Green has great potential, but I'm also looking for TD scorers. Traditionally he doesnt score that many and is now starting to get injured often. Or out too much to help me win games. If he was healthy and Galloway was still the feature receiver, then I would be 3-2 or 4-1 right now, not 2-3. I've been cruelled by a lack of that big time RB or WR. Now Westbrook is out for a week or two as well. So i need healthy backs too.

I might even be interested in trading Westbrook to someone for two top players. I dont think im interested in keeping Westbrook as a keeper only because he cost me a first round pick, and I imagine I could pick him up again or get someone better if I dont keep him. But if he's healthy, then there's no one better fantasy wise at the moment.

Another thing was I have been looking to trade 2 for 1 so that I can free up roster spots. I wanted a couple extra spots to bring in a second TE and a second K or DST. And maybe make room for Bush if he becomes available. Currently I still have 7 RBs, and need to trim down. So If I can trade Foster-??? for 1 good player. Purely to go back to 6 RBs then Im interested in suggestions.

And no one can complain about this trade purely for 'star' name. Mizza and JD traded Johnson for Lynch. Johnson!!! I offered Mizza 4 players for Johnson and he refused. Because he knows he's a keeper. Still young. But right now, his trade value dropped a little and JD was hasty like me to get rid of someone not performing for someone who is. But why no complaints about Johnson-Lynch if you complain about this one?? Imo, Mizza got a steal with that one. JD let someone go he should never have. Next year their OL will improve and Johnson likely to be back for 1700 yards and 20 TDs. I know at least Galloway doesnt have long-term keeper value, nor Green.

Also, Hilliard is being a better receiver at the moment. He is getting more receptions because he's showing he's better at finding the creases, seams, and holes. Galloway has become inconsistent. He'll get that 27 points one week, and follow it up with 5, 4, 1, and 5. I wanted another Bowe-like potential receiver and I think Rice can be that despite Vikings' QB problems.

I was also trying to get Braylon Edwards off Sammy with a 3 for 1 trade but he rejected it....same reasons....Galloway getting old, not #1 feature, Green too injured, etc etc.

Why the **** is someone protesting the trade?

Johnson-Lynch. Imo Mizza got a steal. But I wouldnt complain and try to stop it when the two owners want the trade for their own reasons. No colluding. And there isn't in this one either. I've been pestering Mizza for two weeks now with trade offers. 2 for 1, 3 for 2, 3 for 1, 4 for 2, etc. Always Johnson, Rhodes, Colston, Rice being the ones I was interested in, and always Green and Galloway involved in the suggestions.

Gave up on Johnson and Colston because Mizza was hands-off on them. Colston now injury concerns, so Rice and Rhodes are what I'm interested in.

Again....I might be interested in trading Westbrook for 2 top players. Or Foster and someone else for 1 top player (like a TE or WR). To also clear my RB list from 7 to 6. Don't want to let go of Thomas, Smith, Williams just yet to waivers to free up space. Want to evaluate their potential first. So if you need depth to your list if you're struggling with injuries or whatever, then make some trade suggestions. I'll counter or accept.

Interested in a top TE or WR, or backup RB or DST. I dont know what exactly interests until suggestions are made.

Fair enough gg. I knew you would have reasons for it, just interested to see what they were.
Not sure about the protest? Do you get notified about it or something?

There was an indicator on my team page telling me the trade was protested. But Dspeed allowed the trade to continue.
I discussed this issue of protesting trades many weeks ago, and he agreed that unless it's some huge collusion thing, there's no reason to stop a trade. If someone is getting ripped off or takes a dud trade (say me in this example) then that's just tough shit.

Anyway, maybe Mizza's team is better off now. Maybe mine. Probably his. But I have my reasons for things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Week 6 and 8 were always going to be the tough ones for me as they are my 2 BIG bye weeks. Losing Warner (-2 points) did not help, and the Cowboys not using the run much was a negative as well. Unfortunately for me I played against the Ravens D this week (against the hapless Rams), so they were always going to score well (23).

Oh well.... 5 and 1.

Week 6 and 8 were always going to be the tough ones for me as they are my 2 BIG bye weeks. Losing Warner (-2 points) did not help, and the Cowboys not using the run much was a negative as well. Unfortunately for me I played against the Ravens D this week (against the hapless Rams), so they were always going to score well (23).

Oh well.... 5 and 1.

Need to CUT my LOSES with those StinKin' Fish as my D... :eek: :thumbsdown:

My other ESPN team:

Carson Palmer 17
LaDainian Tomlinson 45
Adrian Peterson 45
Marques Colston 6
Bernard Berrian 13
Ronald Curry 7
Kellen Winslow 9
Ravens D/ST 23
Stephen Gostkowski 13

178 points (Colston still going)

19 down with Ward (questionable) and Eric Johnson to come

I BELIEVE!!

12 points up with a gimpy Ward to come! This one is going to the wire Danielz!

Damn reading the home team wrong and starting the wrong the defense....I left a ton of points on the bench there!

12 points up with a gimpy Ward to come! This one is going to the wire Danielz!

Damn reading the home team wrong and starting the wrong the defense....I left a ton of points on the bench there!

I'm conceeded... greedy but 2 TD's from Johnson would have been nice... haha

With Jacobs taking goal-line carries I need him to bust one (or two) from a long way out.

My other ESPN team:

Carson Palmer 17
LaDainian Tomlinson 45
Adrian Peterson 45
Marques Colston 6
Bernard Berrian 13
Ronald Curry 7
Kellen Winslow 9
Ravens D/ST 23
Stephen Gostkowski 13

178 points (Colston still going)