Big 4 clubs to kick off the season again in 2016 - afl tells minnow Hawks to gagf

Remove this Banner Ad

tumblr_mfoa91aanl1qzr8nao1_500.gif

The correct response would have been:

"We were playing in a semi-professional state competition for the first 65 years of our existence. None of it matters anyway."
You'll have more luck convincing us than you will a lot of your Port brethren who keep telling us SANFL flags matter.

South Gawler > Port Adelaide :drunk:

You'll have more luck convincing us than you will a lot of your Port brethren who keep telling us SANFL flags matter.
Port was the greatest club of the semi-professional era of football. That era has now passed and we are intent on becoming the greatest club of the professional era.

Let's all laugh at franchises like Bitchmond, Essendrug and Carlspoon who continue to point furiously like Brendon Goddard at glories long-past, as a desperate attempt to stay relevant :$

Let's all laugh at franchises like Bitchmond, Essendrug and Carlspoon who continue to point furiously like Brendon Goddard at glories long-past, as a desperate attempt to stay relevant :$
I quite agree. If Collingwood can adapt to the professional era so successfully what's the excuse for the other three "big 4" clubs?

- Carlton have struggled since they were forced to put away the chequebook. Most of their 95 flag team were purchased before the draft was implemented and we know they cheated the salary cap that year, another equalization mechanism they've struggled to get their head around.
- Essendon have been a rabble since the departure of Sheedy. I could list the club's woes since then but don't feel like writing a novel.
- Richmond exists only to troll its own supporters, a job it does year in, year out with supreme skill and soul-crushing effectiveness.

"Oh oh but we get big crowds to our games!" their supporters always bleat in the vain hope the rest of us actually care. Its embarrassing that the league continues to use these inept relics of a long-dead era to showcase the sport to neutrals. Hawthorn vs Geelong and the interstate derbies have been the only rivalries that have mattered over the past decade yet we're forced to suffer Anzac Day, Dreamtime at the G and all the other manufactured "blockbusters" every year because the league insists on valuing crowd numbers & ratings higher than the quality of the matches themselves.

So once again we have to endure another Richmond vs Carlton season opener, knowing with 100% crystal clear certainty the match will be rubbish after the first 10 minutes.
You know what these three faux-big4 clubs have in common? They're being run about as ****ing amateurishly as the league itself - and by a Carlton flog no less, what a coincidence!

We joined the league in 1925 you dumb twat, and didn't win our first flag before 1961 so I call that a 64 year head start from the time we got our shit together since you entered the league in 1897.

"From the time you got your shit together" vs "when we joined the league" . The race doesn't start for each runner when they "feel good about themselves" it starts when the gun goes off. You were founded in 1914 boy. You had the same number of players as us on the pitch, the same number of arms and legs.

Your clubs shitness is part of your clubs history. EMBRACE IT. When you lie or hide the truth you kill a part of yourself.

Starting your clubs existence from 1961 is an act of contempt on your part for every player who wore the brown and gold for decades before that.

I'm equally embarrassed for you, if you need help understanding maths don't PM me go out and buy a ******* calculator or an abacus if your simple mind can't comprehend electronics. ..

Quite right, I buggered up my maths.

I do understand how your nerd brains work. You want to start the clock from when your club started winning. Its the squeal of a spoilt child "no mum I wasn't ready" "give me a hotel on mayfair or I will cry myself to sleep" "Collingwood had money when they were a povo suburb so flags won on a level playing field don't count".

You're in the men's league. Act like a man. If you don't have a strong father figure find one and stop the squealing.

.... Oh and Nafan is a shit coach ...

He may well be, you have no argument from me. That's OT though, see my thoughts in the other thread.

.... I can't wait to watch him crash & burn next year the way Hird & Voss did. :cool:

You see there's your problem right there. You have a beaut side with a very talented coach, but you're obsessed by Essendon and Collingwood, the clubs with more flags. Sweetie I encourage you to grow up.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl...timeslot/story-fnp04d70-1227583090526?login=1

CARLTON has been savagely erased from the Friday night schedule.

The AFL will on Thursday announce the Blues will not play on a single Friday night in the 2016 season.

The slap in the face from AFL headquarters comes after the Blues played six Friday night games this year for zero wins and an average losing margin of 75 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor fixturing by the AFL. Should be the premiership favourites squaring off in a battle of the titans!

North Melbourne vs Hawforn Hawfs

Not sure why Tigs and bloos start off the season...they haven't been contenders for eons.

It's because we're part of the Big 4, something you'd know nothing about.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl...timeslot/story-fnp04d70-1227583090526?login=1

CARLTON has been savagely erased from the Friday night schedule.

The AFL will on Thursday announce the Blues will not play on a single Friday night in the 2016 season.

The slap in the face from AFL headquarters comes after the Blues played six Friday night games this year for zero wins and an average losing margin of 75 points.

Finally the AFL shows some compassion to the fans.

Port was the greatest club of the semi-professional era of football. That era has now passed and we are intent on becoming the greatest club of the professional era.

Port are an extension of kochies sunrise, like Eddie and his pies! With out them they would have nothing

everybody knows the warm up acts are always played before the main gig. Hawks / Cats: main event......everything else an undercard!
Actually everything before the GF is Hawthorn's warm up act.

Remove this Banner Ad

Big 4 clubs to kick off the season again in 2016 - afl tells minnow Hawks to gagf

Remove this Banner Ad

Back