Big Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get a proper English wicket for the next test you’d keep the same attack and say ‘best of luck’ to England maintaining 5 an over against them.

Another road though and I agree Starc should come in.
Starc would just get clobbered on a road at least wood and boland bowl tight

The biggest downside of bazball is England didn't score any more runs than they would normally have .

They just scored them very fast leaving our bowlers fresh and Cherry ripe for the next test. Unlike their bowlers who bowled 217 overs and did a mountain of work our bowlers bowled 144 overs .

We hardly even used green
People rubbish Jack Leach but this is where him missing is huge. He'd have bowled 80-90 of those overs at least. Moeen and Root don't have the ability to hold down an end.

Jack Leach is a very underrated player. When my mates call him a spud it's like I'm watching an entirely different cricketer tbh.

Khawaja getting the plaudits, quite rightly, but Lyon bowled excellently in conjunction with Cummins. Shows how much of a role spinners will play this series.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7q2w59.jpg

This is pretty good from Stokes. Great attitude.

I thought his captaincy in the field especially was impressive and he got the most out of a fairly pedestrian bowling attack.

Chicken Little strikes again.
England choked it imo. Dropped catches, and they waited too long to take the new ball. Will take the win but we were also lucky they chose to declare when they did instead of just taking the game away from us outright with Root in command in the first innings. Baz ball back fired in this case.

England choked it imo. Dropped catches, and they waited too long to take the new ball. Will take the win but we were also lucky they chose to declare when they did instead of just taking the game away from us outright with Root in command in the first innings. Baz ball back fired in this case.
Have a spell and enjoy the win for what it is Ep

Most of their dropped catches through the match (very costly) were more down to a lack of skill - Bairstow, looking at you - rather than choking.

I don't think their loss had much to do with BazBall, and given the success they've had with it thus far they shouldn't deviate away from it. Yes, even the declaration. They're trying to ride the wave and I kinda respect that mindset.

This is pretty good from Stokes. Great attitude.

I thought his captaincy in the field especially was impressive and he got the most out of a fairly pedestrian bowling attack.
Agree overall but I thought his captaincy during the Lyon/Cummins partnership was quite poor. Kept giving them easy singles to try get Lyon on strike, and kept going with the short stuff even when it was clear the batters weren't going to have a go at it.

Agree overall but I thought his captaincy during the Lyon/Cummins partnership was quite poor. Kept giving them easy singles to try get Lyon on strike, and kept going with the short stuff even when it was clear the batters weren't going to have a go at it.

Lost his way late agreed

Was hard to understand the logic of having all your fielders deep with the sole exception of a short leg during those last few overs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back