Big Fish ?...Hawthorn trade news and targets thread(not for trade hypotheticals)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pure speculation. If not, I'll be pissed if we let another good player go for sweet FA.

"Adelaide currently holds Picks 10, 16, 53, 72 and 90." So that means pick 72 or 90. Stuff that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even at his injured form this year that's no good. And we owe Adelaide nothing considering the way they sooked it up when they lost Gunston to us and they boo him every time he touches the ball, when WE made him the polished player he is.

We got Poppy at pick 66 in the draft while he was playing SANFL. Right under their noses. So stuff pick 72 or 90, or even 53 for that matter.

Not even sure why I'm angry at the Crows, this is just gossip from Jake Niall.

Pure speculation. If not, I'll be pissed if we let another good player go for sweet FA.

"Adelaide currently holds Picks 10, 16, 53, 72 and 90." So that means pick 72 or 90. Stuff that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even at his injured form this year that's no good. And we owe Adelaide nothing considering the way they sooked it up when they lost Gunston to us and they boo him every time he touches the ball, when WE made him the polished player he is.

We got Poppy at pick 66 in the draft while he was playing SANFL. Right under their noses. So stuff pick 72 or 90, or even 53 for that matter.

Not even sure why I'm angry at the Crows, this is just gossip from Jake Niall.

Adelaide need something in between 16 and 53 for us to give Poppy away I would have thought, well at least I hope so anyways.

Could mean a number of things, which is why it's pretty low the way its been leaked to the media.

He could have been dealing with anything at the time, could've been asked a question about his father's death....

The kid is getting a really raw deal from those who choose to spread it without knowing or sharing any context.
Absolutely, it is disgusting that it has been made public. How happy would any of us be if details from a job interview we did was leaked to the press?

Yeah Pick 35ish would be his value
He has heart & never gives up - did you see their effort on GF Day?

In isolation, 35 might be about fair, but if they're losing Cameron & in light of their recent performance, heart & endeavor are worth more to them than perhaps to a Saints or Norf list.

Even more so, GWS. They'd be closer enough to buying a Premiership if they got Popeye & his application would be a vey good example to some of the talented front-runners that they've stockpiled.

How GWS haven't smashed down our door & thrown a fringe-22 mid at us for Popeye is beyond me...

Last edited:

In isolation, 35 might be about fair, but if they're losing Cameron & in light of their recent performance, heart & endeavor are worth more to them than perhaps to a Saints or Norf list.

Even more so, GWS. They'd be closer enough to buying a Premiership if they got Popeye & his application would be a vey good example to some of the talented front-runners that they've stockpiled.

How GWS haven't smashed down our door & thrown a fringe-22 mid at us for Popeye is beyond me...

I agree with that. Amazes me how some clubs in a window won't pay for players to help them achieve the ultimate goal

If something has been leaked makes the Tiges look a bit shit
Richmond are reverting to type very quickly.

Will probably be another 35 years before they are relevant again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we pick Sam Collins up somewhere in the draft - kid looked really good when he played for Box Hill. Very good leader too.

cats get pick 19 as compo for Motlop? How does this make any sense?

It doesn't.
The AFL are cheating. That is the only explanation.
Any media flog who tried to justify this is simply confirming they have no integrity and will say whatever the AFL tells them to say.

Poppy was a top 50 player before he was injured according to afl ratings

Agreed.
There is currently an obsession with youth.

Youth is good but talent is better.
Being young means you MIGHT be good. In a few years. Or you might never play a game.

Melbourne were sensible to pay the price for Lever.

For Adelaide / GWS / any club planning to win a flag next season, a good 29 year old should be worth a LOT more than a speculative raffle ticket.

I'm not obsessed with youth

I'm slightly obsessed with having a majorly aging list though. It's going to be codgerville in a couple of years

Clubs go after what they need at the time. We didn't need youth during the the threepeat years - we needed icing on the cake

We need younger players now. That's just a fact

Like I've posted elseswhere Pops is of similar worth to Lake. Brant is right that he is around the 30s given we gave pick 41 and a pick upgrade of a few spots

Yeah well we have pick 41 and gave a slight pick up grade with Lake so I agree it would be in the 30s
Wouldn't say he has quite the trade value as Lake. Lake had been one of the best key defenders in the comp but was seemingly passed it. Think Poppy is a 40s pick but think if we were to trade him it would be to upgrade a pick

I hope we pick Sam Collins up somewhere in the draft - kid looked really good when he played for Box Hill. Very good leader too.
Can’t see us having much interest in him.

Delisted from Freo who are not exactly stacked with defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back