Big Fish ?...Hawthorn trade news and targets thread(not for trade hypotheticals)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad someone does no club does he literally been breaking down in interviews mentally weak. In saying that
I would give whitex and hodge for him.
Brisbane just hoping for a first round hopefully last day that will turn to a 2nd at best

Guys: Emotions Matter And are Normal, and You’re Not Weak for Having Them!

man-sad-with-grief-by-aidan-nworks.jpg

I definitely don't see crying/tears as an act of weakness. I see crying just as an act to release pent-up emotions, be those happy emotions or sad ones!

I still remember one of the greatest tennis players in the history of the game winning another Australian Open final.
After Pete Sampras, the event's defending champion and the world's No. 1 player, which had already done the unthinkable.
He broke down in tears under the spotlight on stadium court and still won the final!

Roger Federer has broken down uncontrollably crying many times after winning another of his many Australian Open titles!

Its also been reported many times that:
Even LeBron James, has always been a bit of a crybaby when things were not always going his way for most of his career and used to get very emotional and even shared many tears at times, such was his will to win and be the best that he could possibly be with all the presure on him!

In fact a lot of the toughest and best sports stars of both the AFL and NRL and many other world wide sports get very emotional when it comes to public speaking, and brake out in tears especially when their time comes to announce their retirement in the media, and and when confronting then teammates!

Let's just hope that if we do end up picking up young gun Josh Schache, that he can turn his negetive state of mind in to a positive one, getting him mentally back focusing and enjoying what he loves the best as he has mentioned in some of his past interviews and articles written about him which is playing good footy again like his previous few years, and let him get as emotional as he likes with many tears, when he is holding our next premiership trophy:);):thumbsu:

Last edited:
I would have thought he would have just spouted off cliches the whole time—which Clarko would of loved
Franklin shouldn't ever talk. Whenever he does, the noises that come out of his face sound like they came from a machine designed to represent the IQ of a cheesecake.

Reported yesterday by AFL.com:

"Meanwhile, Lucas said Hartung is deciding whether to seek a fresh start. The Hawks haven't offered Hartung a new deal and are keen to improve their draft position. There is some interest from other clubs, so we will work through that this week, Lucas said".

The fact that no new deal has yet been offered by the club gives the public impression that the Hawks are driving this situation, but who really knows. Could be mutually agreed between the club and player. Could be that the Hawks have offered Hartung certain guarantees if no trade eventuates, as good as a contract offer. It feels like Hawthorn is just keeping their business inside the club, as compared to the situation with Menzel and the Cats.

Reported yesterday by AFL.com:

"Meanwhile, Lucas said Hartung is deciding whether to seek a fresh start. The Hawks haven't offered Hartung a new deal and are keen to improve their draft position. There is some interest from other clubs, so we will work through that this week, Lucas said".

The fact that no new deal has yet been offered by the club gives the public impression that the Hawks are driving this situation, but who really knows. Could be mutually agreed between the club and player. Could be that the Hawks have offered Hartung certain guarantees if no trade eventuates, as good as a contract offer. It feels like Hawthorn is just keeping their business inside the club, as compared to the situation with Menzel and the Cats.

Not really - Wrighty has said numerous times now that a contract hasn't been offered to Hartung and he's free to discuss options with other clubs.

Not really - Wrighty has said numerous times now that a contract hasn't been offered to Hartung and he's free to discuss options with other clubs.

No contract offer, perhaps, but I don't think Hartung is blowing in the wind, in my view.

this is true he was a real shy boy, until hit the melbourne club scene turned into a w.carey best on and off field.

Why do people keep saying this? In club interviews pre-draft he was purported to be brash, arrogant and aloof. He might have been nervous with cameras pointed in his face - but he wasn't behind the scenes with clubs. This is what turned clubs off him.

Being nervous in front of cameras is a bit different to apparently breaking down in an interview with a perspective club behind closed doors.

There was also a story going around that Buddy was introducing himself to people saying "My name is Buddy and I'm gonna be a star".
That doesn't sound like self-doubt to me.

Brad Hill also allegedly told recruiters he would run 16 in the beep test, which had never been done at draft camp until then. He backed it up. Hawthorn liked the confidence and picked him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How often has the story been repeated about Buddy interrupting the Brett Deledio "best player of the under 18 carnival" media interview by yelling out "It's me you should be interviewing, not him !" He was hardly shy when the cameras and microphones were out, even back then.

Yup - has always been a brash, confident guy. Comparisons to Schache going to water in a meeting with club officials is truly dumbfounding.

Why do people keep saying this? In club interviews pre-draft he was purported to be brash, arrogant and aloof. He might have been nervous with cameras pointed in his face - but he wasn't behind the scenes with clubs. This is what turned clubs off him.

Being nervous in front of cameras is a bit different to apparently breaking down in an interview with a perspective club behind closed doors.

Not sure, I only know what he was like after he arrived and lacking confidence was not a problem.
Schache from the outside looks like t.v a lil fish lost in the ocean.

Disagree on the Buddy arrogence / brashness stuff being sprouted around.

Had a bit to do with him through mutual friends, and whilst not shy on the field, he's easily the quietest guy in the room on a social level.

On the park he is brash and arrogant. Not in a bad way - he knows he is good and shows it when he does well. He's a showman.

People were making comparisons to him and Schache breaking down while speaking to Richmond. I disagree with this because I remember reading about how Buddy was acting around other team's list management/coaches and that they were a bit put off by how relaxed and aloof he was to it all (remember Clarko saying they came in to meet him and he had his feet up on the table etc). It put some teams off and allowed us to nab him. Comparing him to Schache is just a bit odd I feel.

My point in bringing up Buddy and interviews is people handle different types of pressure in different ways.
Early on Buddy when interviewed (by the media) acted like a scared little bitch.

Huge difference between being nervous in front of a camera when you're an 18 year old kid vs a 20 year old allegedly breaking down in a job interview.

Look, maybe this is all rumour and conjecture and never happened. If it did though, I would have huge reservations of his ability to be up for it.

Cyril apparently wore a fat suit to interviews.

Also said he was a Scotch College snob.

Cyril went there on a scholarship from Year 10 onwards from the Tiwi Islands so not so sure about that.

Heard Hawthorn did tell him to put other teams off though and rumours were deliberately spread that he wasn't a hard trainer

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back