Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Reeves heading to the US with 10 of our players for a training camp. Doesn't sound like a bloke we're about to trade.

He's still currently a Hawthorn listed player. We might be happy to trade him or retain him. If we do retain him, it's probably good that he's got some extra work in!

If there is genuine salary cap rorting going on and the AFL is trying to sweep it under the rug it will only last so long. There are journos out there who won't care if they go up against the AFL if it means getting their name out there and clicks for their employer - particularly those that aren't beholden to the AFL.

Not suggesting it has been happening - but a Melbourne Storm-like cap scandal out in Corio would be a beautiful way to cap off this season.

I don’t want to come across as tho cheating the cap is acceptable in any way but how on earth can the AFL really monitor deals done with players outside of the cap?

Outside of every club saying “here is our player payments each year, there are so many ways to cheat the system.

millionaires involved at the club purchasing land for player X in a handshake agreement and holding for them until they retire is one very simple way around it.

He's still currently a Hawthorn listed player. We might be happy to trade him or retain him. If we do retain him, it's probably good that he's got some extra work in!
Lol mate he is leaving after the trade period i think.

We walked because he's not a mid. And he wants midfield time.
That's great for the Pies, but when he's getting 10 touches a game as a mid, on $800k a year, they may have to shift him to half back again.
That's right Tyler but my reply was about how old he was, not about why we didn't want him.

I'm not even sure who would need a ruck

Geelong and WC the first that come to mind. Reeves might have to get use to the fact his always going to be a backup ruck...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez Collingwood are really making some puzzling list decisions.
McCrae only wants to top up with mature age players and with Tassie looming and the age demographic of their list I’d be questioning a lot of things if I supported them.
The last time GW quit a club it’s because the head coach had to much control and didn’t like the direction they were taking, wonder if it’s the same

The last time GW quit a club it’s because the head coach had to much control and didn’t like the direction they were taking, wonder if it’s the same

I feel GW will line up with the Tassie Devils soon.

GW indicated he wanted a break, so he would get his break and still have future employment ready to go in his home state in the near future.

With Frost staying it's too, everyone else is contracted right? The 3 with rumours are Finn, Reeves and Serong but are all contracted I think so we could keep them if we want to maintain depth for next year. All 3 played a part this season so even if not 22 next year we they would get used and a premiership needs that depth.

I say keep them unless we get great return that will help us in 2025. Next year if they are still fringe we sell them as either premiership players or unlucky guys that got squeezed out for more opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back