Big Fish ?...Hawthorn trade news and targets thread(not for trade hypotheticals)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He was a Premiership superstar.

Not our fault the Puffers ruined him. :D
Indeed he was. And he gave us Hill, a triple premiership star, who then helped get us JOM.

Mate, if we pay pick 32 we will have been screwed over. Any more than that and we might as well pack it in.

He really isn't very good.
I am with you I hope our 2nd round pick snares him, if not tell the Puffers to **** off.

However I get the feeling we are pretty keen so I would not be shocked if we parted with pick 32, not shocked but not happy.

Impey deal smells a lot like the Jed Anderson trade

Impey is probably a better player than Jed Anderson.

A bit of background...

We recruited Jarman Impey with pick #21 in 2013 and he played 18 games in his first season. Impey started his career as a defender but was switched to the forward line in 2015 where he has played ever since. Impey may eventually develop into a midfielder but he hasn't played regularly in the midfield as yet. that is probably no reflection because he has had Wines, Wingard, Ebert, Powell-Pepper, Hartlett and Robbie Gray ahead of him. The move to the forward line showed some signs of success and 2015 was his best season. Then in October 2016 Impey lost his father which may have affected his preseason and his off field behaviour. Early this year Impey was involved in a hit run incident in Norwood and left the scene and was charged. He is reported to have run home to the beach side suburb of Henley Beach which is over 15 kms from the scene of the incident. I guess that is testimony to his fitness if nothing else. Impey's subsequent 2017 was not as effective as 2016 but this maybe due in part to the loss of his father and his court appearance.

Thus far Impey has played 75 games and only five players taken in that 2013 draft have played more. This suggests that Hinkley regarded Impey in our best 22 although a few of us did not share that view at times. Jarman Impey is great mates with Jackson Trengove who is now at Footscray. If he doesn't work out you could always trade him to the Bulldogs. If you are wondering why he is named Jarman his mother was a red hot Crows fan who named him after Andrew Jarman so he got off to a bad start in life.

After all that i hope this trade goes through. :)

Anderson - pick 15
Impey - 2nd rounder (at this stage somewhere around 30)

Anderson - potential
Impey - potential and more exposure at the elite level

Impey is an upgrade of hartung

Personally I don't see anyway Impey is an upgrade.. sure he tackles, he may be more explosive but the guy has had 75 games to learn how to get the footy and he still doesn't know how to do it.

I'm not against the trade but I'm not excited about it, nor do I think he improves our list in any meaningful way.

A bit of background...

We recruited Jarman Impey with pick #21 in 2013 and he played 18 games in his first season. Impey started his career as a defender but was switched to the forward line in 2015 where he has played ever since. Impey may eventually develop into a midfielder but he hasn't played regularly in the midfield as yet. that is probably no reflection because he has had Wines, Wingard, Ebert, Powell-Pepper, Hartlett and Robbie Gray ahead of him. The move to the forward line showed some signs of success and 2015 was his best season. Then in October 2016 Impey lost his father which may have affected his preseason and his off field behaviour. Early this year Impey was involved in a hit run incident in Norwood and left the scene and was charged. He is reported to have run home to the beach side suburb of Henley Beach which is over 15 kms from the scene of the incident. I guess that is testimony to his fitness if nothing else. Impey's subsequent 2017 was not as effective as 2016 but this maybe due in part to the loss of his father and his court appearance.

Thus far Impey has played 75 games and only five players taken in that 2013 draft have played more. This suggests that Hinkley regarded Impey in our best 22 although a few of us did not share that view at times. Jarman Impey is great mates with Jackson Trengove who is now at Footscray. If he doesn't work out you could always trade him to the Bulldogs. If you are wondering why he is named Jarman his mother was a red hot Crows fan who named him after Andrew Jarman so he got off to a bad start in life.

So the plan is to trade him to North in a year or 2 and get another Burton type ?

Nice!!

Impey in short has proven nothing and shows potential. And is definatly not worth losing hartung.
Is the deal done I heard a 2nd round pick before ?

A bit of background...

Hinkley can't really rate him that highly if he played 20 games this year and didn't make top 10 in best and fairest.
Did he even make top 20?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of “not very good footballerswho’ve been premiership players for us

If you go on the general BigFooty consensus, one Luke "not very good footballer" Hodge played in 4 premierships with us.

Is BigFooty ever wrong?

There's 2 reasons I can see hat we're after Impey.

1. Poppy is going and if we can get Impey in for Poppy and not lose much we've done well at least in the age category.

2. We are looking to adopt more of a Richmond small runner type gameplan and want a speedy fit type. The Tigers had 3 players in Butler, Rioli and Constanza that had less touches than Impey.

Hinkley can't really rate him that highly if he played 20 games this year and didn't make top 10 in best and fairest.
Did he even make top 20?

I seen posted in the Brad Hill thread the other day the highest he ranked in the PCM was 13th in 4 years with us and no doubt played close to full seasons in most.

Subsequently don't place all your value in stats and B&F votes.

Did he even make top 20?

Hardwick played 19 games for us this year and didn't make the top 10. Is Hardwick rubbish?

A bit of background...

Andrew Jarman? In that case do not want ;)

apologies if posted but Age quotes Wright as saying not interested in scache for salary reasons

Was discussed yesterday a bit. Wrighty said that for salary reasons (most here observed that meant costing more than we want to pay as opposed to can pay) and trade asset reasons he doesn't see Schache coming to us. He didn't rule it out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back