Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noble is very solid but I doubt he'd ever leave West Ham until he's past it at their level (which can be either in the PL or Championship), he's spent nearly 15 years there, worked his way up through their academy and only had 2 loan spells out when he was a teenager.
I know we won't get him, but I think we should at least try. Double his wages & offer him the opportunity to join a club with ambition & see what happens. It doesn't seem like anyone rates him though; never even gets a look in for England.

Regardless, we just need a general in the midfield who can control the game, and the answer isn't Bentaleb (yet).

The Pool/Southampton match coming up. Observing Schneiderlin's body language will be interesting; crossing my fingers he plays a stinker.

If we are going for Mark Noble of all the CMs out there in the world this must be pre-2004 Tottenham we are talking about. English media love him but his a poor mans Scott Parker!

Kaboul is the definition of built like Tarzan plays like Jane. Looks like the strongest player in the league but is either injured or out muscled too often.

Davies must start next game. Also would rather Townsend to start over Lennon. At home we need that front 4 to be all capable of magic and Lennon cant provide this with a long shot like Townsend can. Admittedly he has to be told when to shoot more often which it looked like has on Saturday.

Still MUST get a CB, LW/ST

From a so called ITK

Apparently the Schniederlin deal is hindering on us clearing some of the squad and wage bill. £17m fee rising to £20m is all but agreed between the clubs and the personal terms are done but Pochettino needs to clear out some deadwood before adding to the squad. Think this deal will get done before the window shuts even if we do move a few guys like Dawson out on loan like we did with Holtby and BAE last season.

The Musacchio deal is the unlikely one. Which is crap because we desperately need a good CB to help JV and to protect Dier a bit. Kaboul isn't the player he once was, Chiriches has been unsighted for ages and Dawson tries hard but is too slow for the way we play. Musacchio is owned by his agent, his current club Villereal & his old club River Plate. The agent has the majority stake and the clubs do want some sort of compensation so a lot hinges on how much the player wants to move to us. If he wants the move his agent can set a lower fee for himself (perhaps with a big sign on bonus) and all 3 parties get about the same amount for the player. Apparently the problem is this agent lent Villereal the money to buy him in the first place from River Plate, he cant make a claim for that money as it was money he didn't ask for in bonuses rather than giving the club money but he isn't keen to look out for them in this deal.

I'd say we are about 60% chance for Schniederlin and about 5% chance for Musacchio. Hope we go out and start looking at other CBs soon

The Destro Reports aren't going away, although there's still nothing concrete.

We've supposedly agreed a 3m + Dawson for Remy deal that's being held up by Dawson not wanting to leave. I find it extremely hard to believe such a deal could be in place, but that isn't going to stop Spurs Fans hacking away at Daws.

We're linked to a 21 Brazilian, Lucas Silva, along with the Manure, Chelshit & Atletico. Based on the videos, he looks like a classic regista (deep-lying playmaker), and a really talented one at that, which is exactly what we need, but there might be a work-permit problem. Maybe a good backup option if we miss out on Schneiderlin.

We're being touted for a loan move for Bernard, who we tried to buy last summer. Has a bad attitude apparently.

Memphis Depay supposedly wants to come here, but we haven't made any bid as of yet. Need to ship off some players before buying more.

Losing 1-0 to Limassol at half-time. It's like a repeat of the West Ham Game so far, except instead of a red card we're down a goal.

Absolutely putrid; so many seagulls in this current team that just don't work hard. Didn't initially think we needed to bring in many reinforcements, however as it turns out, the culture we developed under AVB doesn't look like it'll be going away any time soon. New Midfielder can't come soon enough.

One positive though: Harry Kane. He looks awesome and every time he gets the ball it looks like something could happen. Unfortunately the support he's getting is revolting.

Finishes 1-2. Absolute nightmare of a stream I had to watch through, but worth it in the end.

Game changed when Erik Lamela came on for Andros. While Andros was back to his usual idiotic football; shooting on sight & dipping his head when it fails, Lamela sets up two goals for Soldado & Kane almost instantly, and gets a few clear cut chances himself with smart off the ball movement.

Kane will be a star. I'm almost convinced he should be our #1 striker this season. His ball control is reminiscent of Berbatov, he's a class finisher & is clinical with his passing in the final third.

Last edited:
We've met Federico Fazio's release clause according to just about every tabloid in Spain & he's supposedly flying to London tomorrow in order to negotiate terms with us.

If true, that would mean the end of Musacchio. We'd be losing out on a more mobile, better tackling centre-half, but getting a player who's far superior in the air, standing at 195cm & at half the price too.

Not sure how I feel about it just yet, I guess Fazio would be our very own Mertesacker-like aerial beast, but it rules us out of playing a high line, because like Dawson, he lacks pace.

There's also been a lot of talk about Chiriches future lately. A lot of the Italian & Romanian Press were saying a fee had been agreed, but his agent recently came out & said we weren't willing to let him go. I can still see it happening once we bring in a new centre-half however, and it'll be a shame.

Lastly, the most reliable Spurs ITK by far, JJetset, is pessimistic regarding our chances of landing Schneiderlin (& Musacchio).

Fazio isnt Dawson slow or bad on the ball. Not a bad option for the price. Would have liked to go for Martins Indi or Veltman from the Dutch national side.

Remy deal looks back on

Mirror claim Baldini is targeting Fabian Schar & watched him in his last game. Classic Ball-Playing Centre-Half from what I've seen & still very young.

Some ITKs also claiming we have interest in Lyon Centre/Left Back Samuel Umtiti.

Provided one of those comes to fruition, we'll see:

Out: Dawson, Chiriches

In: Fazio, Schar/Umtiti

Pretty good business if you ask me, although it'll be disappointing to see Chiriches go.

As for others:

Depay not happening; he's signed a new contract.

Musacchio almost certainly off due to third party complications.

Schneiderlin almost certainly off; Koeman's insited he isn't going anywhere for about the 50th time today.

Destro probably wasn't ever happening; probably just the media putting 2 & 2 together.

Remy, Welbeck & maybe Bernard are players we're still being heavily linked to.

Sandro to Napoli, Dawson to Hull & Townsend to Southampton/QPR all looking increasingly likely.

Tom Carroll has been loaned to Swansea.

Half-Time. Wow, it's been a long time coming, but we're finally playing a top 4 brand of football.

Attacking Midfield Trio is a mystery no more; Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela is without the slightest shadow of a doubt the way to go. Replacing Lennon with Chadli has made such an enormous difference it's scary.

Half-Time. Wow, it's been a long time coming, but we're finally playing a top 4 brand of football.

Attacking Midfield Trio is a mystery no more; Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela is without the slightest shadow of a doubt the way to go. Replacing Lennon with Chadli has made such an enormous difference it's scary.

Posted in the game day thread on the main (soccer) board that Soldado must be licking his lips at the chance to play a poor back 3 with the silver service delivered by Lamela/Ericksen/Chadli.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Spurs have reached an agreement with Hull to sell Michael Dawson. I don't think he's good enough to get us where we want to be but it'll be sad to see him leave.

Best game I've seen us play live thats for sure. Fantastic all over the pitch. Pochettino was quite vocal enforcing the press on the sidelines. Very happy with that XI going forward, maybe someone to come in for Bentaleb.

Some transfer stories doing the rounds. Dawson finally off to Hull, Townsend left out of the squad linked with a move to Southampton maybe involved in the Schneiderlin deal, Chriches to Roma, Paulinho another left out of the squad who was very poor midweek could be shipped off also

Already feeling extremely tempted to have Eric Dier as our first choice right-back. I know Walker is a lot faster & has proven himself as one of the best defensive right backs in the world, but Dier has performed flawlessly in his last two Premier League Games. Not only does he look like a rock in that right-back position, but he looks far better going forward; his off the ball movement & support play is reminiscent of Ivanovic & Corluka before being destroyed by injuries, and Walker could only dream of being such an intelligent Footballer.

The only weaknesses in this team are Bentaleb & Kaboul. Bentaleb is a new Steven Gerrard in the making, but he's giving the ball the way too often now, and we can't afford him doing that whilst chasing 4th spot. Kaboul didn't look anywhere near as bad as he did last week, but we still looked very susceptible to set-pieces & I think Fazio would be an improvement.
[edit] The Goat is saying Southampton have softened their stance on Schneiderlin & may be willing to negotiate if we let them have Townsend & stay away from Rodriguez. If true, this would be amazing & it would put us in top 3 contention.

Fingers crossed any chance of Lennon being cemented in the starting 11 have been fully diminished. Never has it been more clinically proven that smart ball movement & quality technique trumps over raw pace. Who needs Loic Remy or Jay Rod when we have the great Nacer; he didn't even show his 30 yard thunderbolt shot today!
Is Chiriches a chance to leave? Massive fan tbh.
Almost certain; he's agreed terms with Roma, it's down to us to let him go. We might buy a replacement first.
Apparently Spurs have reached an agreement with Hull to sell Michael Dawson. I don't think he's good enough to get us where we want to be but it'll be sad to see him leave.
Even sadder to see idiotic Spurs Fans howling him down for refusing when they don't even know for sure that's the case.
Posted in the game day thread on the main (soccer) board that Soldado must be licking his lips at the chance to play a poor back 3 with the silver service delivered by Lamela/Ericksen/Chadli.
Unfortunately for him, he's clearly behind Adebayor at the moment & rightly so (my knee-jerk reactions from last week prove wrong again).

Even Harry Kane is starting to look awesome. It's been a very long time since we've had stiff competition for the striker spot.

Last edited:
As soon as i jump across to FB this pops up;

Transfer news: Tottenham reject Southampton's second bid for Andros Townsend

Tottenham have rejected a £12million offer from Southampton for Andros Townsend and have reiterated to clubs that the England winger is not for sale, according to Sky sources.

The 23-year-old was the subject of a £10m offer from the Saints earlier this month, which was staunchly rebuffed, but Sky Sports understands the south coast club may return with a third offer.

full story here

Just on the game from last night, thought Eric Dier was our best across the 90 minutes. Did it in attack and defence.
Lamela was very, very good on the ball. Enjoyed watching Ericksen do his thing. Possibly the best £11m we have spent in recent years. All class.

Agree that we will struggle with Kaboul at the back whilst Bentalab has the range and versatility to play, he needs to take a breath and just do his thing and not get too overzealous with what he can & can't do.

To think we started Soldado on the bench, we haven't seen Davies, Paulhino/Townsend/Walker DNP. Scary that we may finally be spending our cash more wisely.

Said all along these guys needed time and we needed a manager with half a clue like AVB or now Poch to get the best out of players who looked lost last season like JV, Capoue, Lamela etc. Not sure we will go for another CM, could possibly bring in a winger/striker like Remy or Rodriguez if Lennon or Townsend are sold. I get all the love for Dier at RB but how good would it be to see him line up along side JV in centre defence with a fully fit Walker on the right!

Said all along these guys needed time and we needed a manager with half a clue like AVB or now Poch to get the best out of players who looked lost last season like JV, Capoue, Lamela etc. Not sure we will go for another CM, could possibly bring in a winger/striker like Remy or Rodriguez if Lennon or Townsend are sold. I get all the love for Dier at RB but how good would it be to see him line up along side JV in centre defence with a fully fit Walker on the right!

I was just thinking that as i typed my last post. What is stopping us from playing Dier and Walker in the back 4?

There have been some murmurs that Kyle Walker has a serious hip/pelvic injury that could be chronic (could be a King situation), which may have been aggravated because Sherwood kept playing him last season against the doctor's advice. All heresy/ITK talk at this point, but considering he's been anonymous for a while, it's slightly concerning.

Also, another update from my favourite ITK, Trix:

Who: Trix
When: 24/08/2014
Where: COYS

I posted early in the matchday thread that I had had a fairly in depth convo with my mate this morning but would wait topost it until after the game because i wanted to explain it all as I heard it.

At the start of Poch's new adventure he sat down with Baldini and Levy and they went through what he thought he needed, and also where he thought we could lighten the load in the squad(position wise). Poch targeted the back four as his largest area of concern and also said he would like 2-3 upgrades(his own players in if possible. He obviously knew we weren't opperating on a Oil rich budget, and the three of them worked worked out what they believed to be the players in questions values Poch had a lot of input in this because he knew the players best.

The back four is seriously being adressed with 2 in already, and at least another one, possibly two still to come in. The others(the ones that Poch specifically wanted have proved much more difficult than we expected and although Poch is frustrated by this, he is happy that Levy has gone OVER the amounts they discussed originally, trying to get two of them in.

Outgoings

Nothing new really, Sandro and BAE and Dawson are just not in Poch's plans going forward. Even if they stayed they would get minimal game time(BAE none at all, he is done) and even then it would need quite a few injuries for this to happen. He doesn't see either Lennon or Townsend to be a good fit at WF although they both could offer something in certain games and is happy to keep hem but doesn't need both. Levy is a big fan of Azza though so make your own minds up on which one will be pushed more than the other. That said I think if good offers came in both could go. Naughton, Holtby, Soldado, and a couple of others would all also be available at the right price but Poch is happy for them all to stay.

J-Rod

I know there has been ITK from others saying he is not for this window, but I have been very reliably informed that Poch is pushing for him now. His rehab has gone very very well(as I have been posting) and it is believed that he will be back playing properly in the next 3-4 weeks. With his contract length and his refusal to sign a new deal he could well be available now, and Poch does want him, and his versatility is a big plus to being able to reduce the squad.

MS

I can't go into too much detail but I heard something that makes me far more optomistic about us getting him than say others that are getting their info from inside of Spurs. He has NOT accepted he is staying there and is STILL pushing for the move he was promised. His tweet slagging the club is STILL on his oficial twitter timeline and his people are looking into certain aspects of his contract that may have been broken by the club, and I can't say much more than that, other than it may be best for everyone to let him go.

Like I said nothing particularly new but I thought it was worth posting in detail especially the stuff regarding Levy going OVER Poch's valuations to get him the players he wants.

Sorry I don't have any incoming names for you all, but I would be amazed if we don't bring in at least two more before the window closes. As always I just pass on what I hear and like all of you hope we pull off what we need for Poch to get us to the next level.

Last edited:
Alex Song looks like he's the backup option to Schneiderlin & we're ahead of Marseille in negotiations, according to L'Equipe.

Don't even care that he's an ex-gooner, he's exactly what we need; a midfield destroyer that can pass. Even better; available on loan.

Last edited:
Fazio deal done:
BwDtQA2CAAAnarr.jpg:large
BwEb_axIMAAZTAa.jpg:large

Kaboul should still start against Liverpool though; tell him he needs to perform unless he wants to lose his spot.

Only ins and outs I can see happening:

In: Song (loan) or Schneiderlin (£16m-20m) & Welbeck (loan or £10m-15m).
Would be happy to have Song as the fall back if we dont get Schneiderlin. He'd form a very very strong CM partnership with Capoue or Dembele. Wouldn't want to spend over £10m on Welbeck would happily take him on loan as he has a lot to prove and if he doesn't we wouldn't be stuck with him.

Out: Chirches, Assou Ekotto, 1 of Holtby or Paulinho, 1 of Lennon, Townsend or Soldado
With the signing of Fazio, the decent early showings from Kaboul and highly rated youngsters Veljkovic and Fryers on the books we still have too many CBs. BAE is 3rd choice LB and hasn't be sighted all pre-season. If we are to upgrade in central midfield as mentioned one of the German Scott Parker or the Brazilian Jenas has to go, no real preference which one just whichever we can get off the books. One of the wingers or Soldado only to be moved on if we do sign a striker who can also operate outwide like Remy or Welbeck.

Perfect final 25:
GK:
Lloris, Vorm, Friedel
RB: Walker, Naughton
LB: Rose, Davies
CB: Vertonghen, Kaboul, Fazio, Dier, Veljkovic, Fryers
CM: Capoue, Dembele, Song, Holtby, Bentaleb
AM/wingers: Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli, Lennon, Townsend
ST: Adebayor, Kane, Remy

That's 26 there but I'm pretty sure the guys in italics wouldn't need to registered as they are U21.

Song not happening according to Sky Sports & some ITKs.

Welbeck interest heating up. Pochettino definitely wants him.

Holtby a high chance of leaving; he's admitted it could happen & Hamburg are very interested. Would like to have seen him in the attacking midfield trio alongside Eriksen & Lamela, however he's clearly behind Chadli as of right now.

Chiriches leaving looking less & less likely; Roma poached Arsenal's centre-half target in Kostas Manolas.

Koeman has once again provided a flat denial on the possible departure of Schneiderlin. Getting a bit frustrating now; would've thought this deal would be more likely if we've decided to end our interest in Song.

Paulinho had a very good game against Limassol. He makes things happen in the attacking third; he should stay as backup to the attacking midfield trio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back