Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the first loss of the season.

Classic Blue
Do you say that to every single fan that says the same thing in anger after a loss?

**** me, do the administrators of this site put thought into who they choose to make moderators? You're such a stupid idiot & never offer any intelligent input; just a shitstirrer.

Do you say that to every single fan that says the same thing in anger after a loss?

**** me, do the administrators of this site put thought into who they choose to make moderators? You're an idiot.

I honestly don't know any supporter (Footy or Soccer), who is willing to write off the team, players or coach/manager as quickly as your flick that switch. It may be done in anger, but its very much your signature move.

That said I do find your insight into players when done without the knee jerk tantrums quite insightful, especially your scouting reports.

I honestly don't know any supporter (Footy or Soccer), who is willing to write off the team, players or coach/manager as quickly as your flick that switch. It may be done in anger, but its very much your signature move.

That said I do find your insight into players when done without the knee jerk tantrums quite insightful, especially your scouting reports.
and I find it twice as surprising that this site is prepared to give a moderator title to someone who never offers any insight & indulges in shitslinging fests with fellow supporters at whatever chance he gets.

Go read any AFL Team Board Autopsy Thread after said team loses. There's your knee jerk reactions.

You're a joke.

That said I do find insight into players when done without the knee jerk tantrums quite insightful, especially your scouting reports.
You should see the Geelong board after a loss (which doesn't happen that often). Goes into meltdown. Things get said out of frustration which may not be a true reflection of the held opinion.

Just like the geelong board, just need to sleep and clear the head. Although tonight is frustrating to watch however.

You should see the Geelong board after a loss (which doesn't happen that often). Goes into meltdown. Things get said out of frustration which may not be a true reflection of the held opinion.

Just like the geelong board, just need to sleep and clear the head. Although tonight is frustrating to watch however.

I agree, often what is said out of frustration may not be a true reflection of their opinion, however it compounds the frustration of everyone else and at times is more annoying than an bragging opposition supporter.

Manager and players both had their first real test and both have come up short. Feel a bit of Pochettino as he can only pick what we have and it's not dynamic enough against good teams

Better to get this before the window closes. Capoue, JV and Kaboul's like of pace exposed big time

I had hoped Kaboul was only a temporary measure and that Chiriches might be able to step up or Fazio. He might be here to stay though.

Always liked the look of Fryers, but not sure we can risk fielding him and Dier both starting.

Plenty bagging Townsend, and while he's shit, our problems are much, much bigger.

If we don't buy Schneiderlin, we're royally ****ed in the middle.
I agree, often what is said out of frustration may not be a true reflection of their opinion, however it compounds the frustration of everyone else and at times is more annoying than an bragging opposition supporter.
Enjoy quoting 5 posts a second in the Fremantle Autopsy Thread when they get belted by the Swans. Lets see if you can slag each and every user knee-jerking.

I have to agree with GrandBlue a bit here. Ericksen's profound lack of defending cost us on the break. Once the play slows he has casually moved into position but not in transitional open play.

Also tend to agree with jd2010 that we were severely exposed by our lack of pace in the back 4. Kaboul isn't even a CB more a holding CDM, isn't he?

We seem to have to many one dimensional players in our side (Townsend left footed, Kaboul's limited passing game etc.)

I have to agree with GrandBlue a bit here. Ericksen's profound lack of defending cost us on the break. Once the play slows he has casually moved into position but not in transitional open play.

Absolutely accurate on Ericksen's performance today, Poch was on the same page and pulled him out of the game. Ericksen and Lamela are a dangerous combination, but clearly cover needs to be provided against the stronger sides.

Also tend to agree with jd2010 that we were severely exposed by our lack of pace in the back 4. Kaboul isn't even a CB more a holding CDM, isn't he?

We seem to have to many one dimensional players in our side (Townsend left footed, Kaboul's limited passing game etc.)

Townsend must surely be being offered to the middle and lower ranked sides, he could have a solid career playing for one of those teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only disappointing thing though Sabre is that we don't have any decent depth players to come in for these guys we want/need to depart.

As time goes by, it proves more and more the Gareth Bale money was splashed rather than spent accordingly on quantity rather than quality.

Can we say any bar Ericksen has been a success from the 11 (?) we brought in with the sale of G.Bale?

We lack that boss of midfield that Sandro should have been before his injuries. A guy that makes the players around him look better than they are. That's what Gerrard does for Liverpool. He makes a shoddy defence somewhat capable and improves guys like Allen and Henderson to boss a game against our mids. Capoue and Bentaleb are both serviceable but they need that better player next to them. As does every single other CM we could try in their place like Dembele, Holtby, Paulinho etc. Very hard to judge the front 4's game on anything other than effort when the midfield is smashed and our defenders all look suspect.

The only disappointing thing though Sabre is that we don't have any decent depth players to come in for these guys we want/need to depart.

As time goes by, it proves more and more the Gareth Bale money was splashed rather than spent accordingly on quantity rather than quality.

Can we say any bar Ericksen has been a success from the 11 (?) we brought in with the sale of G.Bale?

I think we were in a lose/lose situation with the Bale money, you could almost argue the money would have been better spent pumped into the new stadium. Soldado was clearly overs and done out of a desperation for a striker, I'm not sure the rest have been that bad, their just all we could get as a team that can't promise champions league.

Lamela looks good, hasn't justified his price tag but definitely has ability. Paulihno was worth the punt, so was Capoue and last week was the first and only time I have been excited about Chadli.

All have been better options than Townsend, Lennon and Naughton. Sandro has been a massive disapointment and Hotby hasn't been much better.

All that said, Liverpool will be right up there this year in challenging for the title, we came up against arguably the strongest side so far this season and they came to player what I'm sure they considered strong opposition.

The other disappointing thing was the way we pressed forward. We constantly tried the same thing, run it wide right into the hands of the reds wingers. We looked a little better late when we were bringing the ball into the feet of Ade at the top of the box, but at that point it was far to late and 3 - 0 down.

Eriksen worst on ground by a country mile. Adebayor, Chadli & Lamela were also quite bad, but I'm more forgiving toward them because they require good service to thrive, which is something we rely on Eriksen for, and not only did he fail to deliver, he failed to care; just a 0 effort performance. Doesn't look suited to a pressing game at all, and if he keeps this up, he really should be ousted before his value drops too much.

We seriously need some concrete in midfield; the Bentaleb/Capoue combination is too slow & lacks presence. A 6m Ligue 1 CM isn't going to fix our problems; we should be going all out for Schneiderlin asap. Hell, get Sandro in there; he's a drastic improvement over both Bentaleb & Capoue at full fitness.

[edit] Also, Soldado please. Would kill for another smart player on the pitch, something Adebayor is not.

Last edited:
I think we were in a lose/lose situation with the Bale money, you could almost argue the money would have been better spent pumped into the new stadium. Soldado was clearly overs and done out of a desperation for a striker, I'm not sure the rest have been that bad, their just all we could get as a team that can't promise champions league.

Lamela looks good, hasn't justified his price tag but definitely has ability. Paulihno was worth the punt, so was Capoue and last week was the first and only time I have been excited about Chadli.

All have been better options than Townsend, Lennon and Naughton. Sandro has been a massive disapointment and Hotby hasn't been much better.

All that said, Liverpool will be right up there this year in challenging for the title, we came up against arguably the strongest side so far this season and they came to player what I'm sure they considered strong opposition.

Levy's desperation to hold out and squeeze every last pound for Bale cost us the chance to get anything of quality after such late business by AVB/Levy.

We lack that boss of midfield that Sandro should have been before his injuries. A guy that makes the players around him look better than they are. That's what Gerrard does for Liverpool. He makes a shoddy defence somewhat capable and improves guys like Allen and Henderson to boss a game against our mids. Capoue and Bentaleb are both serviceable but they need that better player next to them. As does every single other CM we could try in their place like Dembele, Holtby, Paulinho etc. Very hard to judge the front 4's game on anything other than effort when the midfield is smashed and our defenders all look suspect.

If you had a choice of a (gettable) player, who would you look at bud?

Until we ship out 2 or 3 it's going to be hard to bring anyone in. Not sure about this guy from France but from the premier league I'd say we need someone like Moussa Sissoko or Schniederlin. Probably prefer Sissoko as he has pace and strength but probably not the smarts or quality on the ball that Schniederlin has

Our set piece defending is seriously shoddy. Not convinced that Kaboul or Capoue are any good tbh.

Capoue isn't too bad he just needs to play with a quicker partner than Bentaleb. Hopefully Fazio comes in for Kaboul and Davies starts to get games over Rose. We really need Walker back that might allow us to get Dier to play as a DM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back