Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well still no Eriksen. No dembele or Bentaleb. European competition this week followed by Palace (which is 2 of our 4 games in the next 13 days).

This is quite worrying. Why on earth didn't Levy bolster CM. Oh yeah that's right he waited too late to try and get Witsel. I'll feel for Poch when he gets the arse as we falter because the chairman is as big a penny pincher as Wenger!

Or worst performance so far gets us the 3 points. Hoping to see a lot of kids used like Onomah and Winks against Qarabag in EL this week. Surely Eriksen is close to returning? Wouldn't mind seeing Alli get a run in his more natural position in the 2 CM spot alongside Dier. For all the sh*t that he cops Lamela with another assist. If he could just control the ball within 3m of himself he'd be a player for us.

Mason, Dier & Townsend our best

Mason was pretty handy and love the potential Alli has, he showed a bit.

Kane is so down on confidence at the moment. I don't know if it is due to lack of competition for places or the poor service but he looks a shell of last season's Kane. He just seems to be trying to do to much at times and not alert when an actual good opportunity is actually presented.

Our wide players very ordinary again. Son's performance didn't exactly fill me with confidence but its early days I'm sure he will come good. Townsend injected a bit of pace and endeavour when he came on which was nice, I just wish he had a decent final ball. He gives us something no one else does.

Want to see more of Trippier @ RB.

Son looked pretty bright this morning and I was happy to see him a double. Lamela.... ugh.... such a frustrating player. Tiny glimpses of brilliance mixed with sloppy touches, giving the ball away, and generally fluffing about. At least he got on the score sheet so hopefully that builds a little more confidence.

Dele Alli terrible.
Dier doesn't offer enough in the form of distribution, even though he's very good defensively.

We're basically playing a 5-4-1 now, and as a result, struggling to create good chances. Harry Kane being in horrible form isn't helping.

I'm honestly not sure Pochettino is the right man for the job. He's had a year to fix this problem and it's only gotten worse.

Good win in the end. Heung-Min Son is a quality player and well worth the money.

Honestly, we should scrap this possession crap and play counterattacking football. It would suit our team far better.

Dele Alli terrible.
Dier doesn't offer enough in the form of distribution, even though he's very good defensively.

We're basically playing a 5-4-1 now, and as a result, struggling to create good chances. Harry Kane being in horrible form isn't helping.

I'm honestly not sure Pochettino is the right man for the job. He's had a year to fix this problem and it's only gotten worse.
WTF were you watching? :drunk:

To be fair he was a bit off in the first half hour - got caught in possession and made a few wayward passes. But he improved as the game went on.

He's gonna be a massive player for us in the years to come.

Looking better for us now with Son and Eriksen now back. Lamela still a concern, I think Townsend should be given a start against the scum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair he was a bit off in the first half hour - got caught in possession and made a few wayward passes. But he improved as the game went on.

He's gonna be a massive player for us in the years to come.

Looking better for us now with Son and Eriksen now back. Lamela still a concern, I think Townsend should be given a start against the scum
He was 1000x better than Mason and Mason isn't that bad! That probably was Lamela's best PL game for us, thought he was very dangerous. Yes he lost the ball a fair bit but things look like happening when he is on the ball and he worked his socks off defensively (started the counter that got us the goal).

Kane, Son, Eriksen, Alli & Lamela are on the same wavelength and look like they link well together. Chadli looks dangerous only when he has Eriksen on

Hoping that this 'English Rebuild' fairs better than the O'Hara, Hudd, Bentley, Jenas rebuild.

Exciting that we're playing such a young team at the moment. Much less negativity around than last season too even though we've had a slow start.

Hoping that this 'English Rebuild' fairs better than the O'Hara, Hudd, Bentley, Jenas rebuild.

Exciting that we're playing such a young team at the moment. Much less negativity around than last season too even though we've had a slow start.
In fairness they were part of the overall English rebuild that included the likes of Robinson, Lennon, Defoe, Dawson, Walker, Bale etc. that did get us from shite to fighting for and getting 4th.

The only failure you mention is Bentley. Jenas was handy, Hudd was an important part of our squad that got 4th (then got long term injuries and fatter) & O'Hara was from the youth setup and we made decent money on him

The only downside in playing Woolwich in the cup is the issue over team selection. Do we go near full strength because it's Woolwich at home or do we heavily rotate because it's the least important competition? A dilemma for Poch and the coaching staff.

Also, I can't believe I read the words 'Dele Alli' and 'terrible' in the same sentence. Absolutely love watching the guy already; he will be an absolute star.

I guess the other down side is having to get up at 5 in the morning to watch it live, still buzzing nonetheless. With a home NLD and North in a prelim in the same week, it's a good week.

Alli was easily in our worst 3 players on the pitch in the first half.
I'll have to agree to disagree with that. I'm guessing you had a problem with missing a few passes but I liked what he was trying to do. I'd much rather have someone trying to pick a pass or make something happen than sideways passing like Jake Livermore used to be all about

Once again, we struggle badly to create good chances. Not bothered by the League Cup though.

Oh well better to be out now than any other time. All the midweek fixtures with the CO and EL does take it's toll and our EL group is far from easy! Hopefully that's Fazio's last game

Gooners trashing WHL signage

Flogs just can't help themselves
Like I said in the match thread. This is pretty normal in London derbies. Saw countless WH fans throwing broken seats to one another when they were at the Lane, blokes kicked out 3 toilets at the Emirates last season & every 3rd seat in my bay at Stamford Bridge was broken when we played there last season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back