Biggest Album Let down?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I know what you mean. I generally go by the overall quality of the album and how many songs I want to losten to again. Transmission was good in the sense that it was very different, and that is what is/was geat about the Tea Party, they're very different with the sounds and instruments they use. Not mainstream at all, very unique. Their last two albums were dissapointing in a sense because of that, they were much more mainstream rock instead of what made the Tea Party stand out.

Just as an afterthought, I expected Jeff Martins solo album, the one for which he left the band for (my interpretation anyway), was pretty pathetic with one song i liked and the rest being average to shocking (Good time song). That was a big dissapointment for me.

I first saw Tea Party in early 1995, and they were mighty impressive. At that point the they'd just released Edges Of Twilight to follow up Splendour Solis, and to this day I cannot distinguish between which of these two great albums I prefer. I always thought that Jeff Martins sounded like Jim Morrison if he was to do Led Zeppelin songs, an awesome combination.

Transmission was probably the departure from there "that had to happen". If I can get my iPod functioning properly again, like I said I'll go back and have another listen. I've got Triptych too, but don't even know if I've ever listened to it.

I'm still curious to hear Jeff Martins' solo album, though.

Recently, Bloc Party - A Weekend In The City.

Killers - Sams Town, The Dandy Warhols - Odditorium and due to all the hype I heard about it *whispers* Black Holes and Revelations (because of EVERY track after track 4)...all didn't impress me much at all...
Weekend in the city and sams town are great albums

Pretty Odd by Panic at the Disco. They basically changed thier whole sound from the first album. The debut was much better

Bjork- Medulla
Bjork- Volta(still quite good, just not as good as I thought it was gonna be)
The Mars Volta- Amputechture
U2- All that you cant leave behind
Oasis- as mentioned before everything after WTSMG, but I still lie in wake waiting for the day they'll show us what they can do, in saying thier last 3 albums have been quite solid

shit, i've looked through two pages of this stuff and you guys have bad taste in music, no wonder the albums were shit. its no coincidence the band is shit too.

Haven't heard anything other than Nine in the Afternoon, whats the differences?

They are trying to me more like the Beatles than Radiohead. Most of the album is not the "rock" sound of album one. Too many banjo's and sort guitars for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ministry - Filth Pig (proof that some people are more creative when on heroine)
Spiderbait - Anything after Sha Sha (only that was only good cos it had their first EP on it)
NoFX - Wolves in Wolves Clothing (I still haven't found a highlight
Bad Religion - No Substance (title sums the record up)
Metallica - Anything post Justice (and Justice just passes, a little long winded)
Helmet ~ Size Matters (the rot started kicking in from here but I'll still go see them)
L7 - Hungry For Stink (a stinker)
Mudhoney - My Brother the Cow (???)

Midnight Oil - Red Sails In The Sunset

I disagree with that one. It's not as good as 10-1 and I wouldn't expect it to be as that was close to perfection.

But RSITS has some great songs and the overall quality is very good.

Oasis - Don't beleive the truth. Sorry love the band but this is a sorry shadow of what they were.

When I first bought the album I would have agreed. But after listening to it several times it has grown on me and I quite like it. There are some really good songs like Turn Up the Sun, Love Like a Bomb, The Importance of Being Idle and Let There Be Love.

For me it would be Pulp - This is Hardcore

It's probably not a bad album but after Different Class, my favourite album ever, it was a letdown.

Deftones - Saturday Night Wrist. Huge fall from grace considering the reputation they have on the rock scene. Major let down.

I think Saturday night wrist is brilliant!

'Adrenaline' is ok, but I love 'around the fur', 'white pony' and 'saturday night wrist'.

Their sucky album was the self titled one they released after white pony.
It was tough work to listen to.

Marilyn Mason - The Golden Age Of Grotesque (doll dagga buzz buzz ziggity zag.... WTF?!)
And you'll know us by the trail of dead - Worlds Apart
Bloc Party - A Weekend in the city
Grinspoon - Anything after 'Guide to better living'
Rammstein - All work after 'Sensucht'
Coldplay - X&Y
Weezer - Maladroit
Orgy - Punk Static Paranoia
Radiohead - Hail to the thief (good album, but I was expecting so much more)
Audioslave - Everything they ever released.

When I first bought the album I would have agreed. But after listening to it several times it has grown on me and I quite like it. There are some really good songs like Turn Up the Sun, Love Like a Bomb, The Importance of Being Idle and Let There Be Love.

It's probably not a bad album but after Different Class, my favourite album ever, it was a letdown.
Agree. I wasn't a big fan either. But it grew on me, and songs like Keep the dream alive which i initially hated are now played everyday. It's a top album. And Guess god thinks im abel is aa top tune.

have you got his and her?

wtf is up with the drumming in that album, absolutley terrible. why doesnt he just use a proper snare drum. lars ruins some songs with his shite drumming

This album was gonna be my choice and that is the exact reason. It just gets annoying after awhile. I am not going to be one of the I dont like Metallica after Justice cos its trendy to be, but this was a massive disappointment.

Also hated Stadium Arcadium and The Spaghetti Incident as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest Album Let down?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back