Black Caviar

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that Moody is more concerned about HDA going off in the barriers on SAt then the hard tracks in Perth. A lot of horses have come from the east to Perth over their carnival and have pulled up lame after one run on the much harder tracks. I think it's good for Perth racing that she's going there but still a massive risk.

Interesting that Moody is more concerned about HDA going off in the barriers on SAt then the hard tracks in Perth. A lot of horses have come from the east to Perth over their carnival and have pulled up lame after one run on the much harder tracks. I think it's good for Perth racing that she's going there but still a massive risk.

In that case I'm sure Moody will have some advice for the curator...

Lol oh dear. No i was not making anything close to that point. I was simply stating the facts that in Americain racing it is perfectly legal to race with many performance enhancing drugs that are illegal in most other countries. If they want to get serious they need to ban them
Your original post said this....

If any American wants to take her on they can take her on some where else where they cannot be pumped up with drugs

Saying "cannot" when they can and are doped up outside of America was my only gripe. If you added the word legally in there then I would have agreed with you, not using it just makes you look like a cycling fan who thinks all the riders are clean.

I am done by the way, in case you were wondering...

So what happens if BC draws barrier 1 in the patnack (1200 metres Flemington), can Peter Moody go to the stewards and say.... I dont think barrier 1 helps she might get boxed in, can we have the outside barrier. Sorry buts its special treatment. BUT she is a special horse.

Theres no room in racing for "just in case rules" formulated on the run.

HDA is either barrier qualified or he's not.
They are all flesh & bone & anything can happen once they get onto the track

Staggering decision IMO

seth

The owners of Here de Angels agreed with it so i dont see wha the problem was. Its not as if he was forced to go out one. I dont have any problem with it

Your original post said this....

Saying "cannot" when they can and are doped up outside of America was my only gripe. If you added the word legally in there then I would have agreed with you, not using it just makes you look like a cycling fan who thinks all the riders are clean.

I am done by the way, in case you were wondering...

Sounds like you were just looking for an argument that night. If you dont know the legalities of drugs in America dont comment. I am done on this issues too now so hopefully thats it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what happens if BC draws barrier 1 in the patnack (1200 metres Flemington), can Peter Moody go to the stewards and say.... I dont think barrier 1 helps she might get boxed in, can we have the outside barrier. Sorry buts its special treatment. BUT she is a special horse.
Bad example to use, flemington is a 1200m straight race, the barriers mean nothing unless its wet....

If she was drawn (1) and Here de Angels (2) in this race it wouldn't have been done because the other trainers wouldn't have agreed to it. It was sheer luck Here de Angels was drawn outside, it will probably help him to not play up if he is alone anyways.

The owners of Here de Angels agreed with it so i dont see wha the problem was. Its not as if he was forced to go out one. I dont have any problem with it

Owners may have agreed but the trainer who would be more likely to know the horse's behaviour certainly didnt.

"I was a little bit gobsmacked with the situation," Roche said on Radio Sport National.
"As far as I know it’s never happened anywhere else in Australia or the world.
"If the situation was reversed and Mr Moody had Here De Angels would have he moved out? I don’t think so."

seth

Moody doesnt own either though so he wouldnt of had a choice. Its the owners horse and choice. Lets say BC has barrier 5 and HDA 4, if she wanted to move out one would it be a problem or not?

Owner didnt ring the stewards,most owners wouldnt know their horse if it popped up in their Weeties

Id say yes because when noms were taken,HDA was in them.
Its not as though there was any surprise coming when the field was announced
Field is out & barriers drawn,thats where the story ends.
If Moody had a problem,he should express his concerns to the owners & give them the option to scratch.

Theres already some flexibility in barrier procedure,thats fine.
Stewards inventing a one off rule which contradicts 50 yrs of barrier procedure is not IMO.

seth

I too found this weird.

Hmm. That is interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back