Black Diamond AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand why some people disagree with my assessment of braedon jones....perhaps you are just comparing his performance to that of citys other "young gun" ben haines. I believe anyone would look good compared to that joker!!!

I agree with your assessment of Haines, don't rate him at all, athletic but nothing more. City currently have 4 x 16 yr olds playing 1st who are all well above Haines in football ability. We must remember Jones is 16 not 19 as is Haines and has only played the game for about 3 years. I would think that this would leave a fair amount of scope for development. But then again he's certainly light years ahead of our other scholarship recipient, but I guess that's another story in itself.

I got nothing against Bird (unlike Swans12, if that is your real name!) and wish him all the best in flying the flag for Hunter Valley Football. However is this the same Geelong that won the 2007 premiership by 119 points?? Their recruitment officers are fools!! This is probably the same guy who brought Joel Selwood, Travis Varcoe and Mathew Stokes to Kardina Park? Yeah I'd probably sack that guy too.

Didn't realise Selwood, Varcoe and Stokes came from NSW, but then again maybe I missed something. Just on those Geelong recruitment officers, they've been doing a great job haven't they - 1 Premiership in 44 years, they deserve a pay rise!

Anyhow enough of the BS. this weeks games are nearly here upon us,
Terrigal by 12 goals
Cardiff by 22 goals
City by 9 goals
Killarney Vale by 15 goals

I agree with your assessment of Haines, don't rate him at all, athletic but nothing more. City currently have 4 x 16 yr olds playing 1st who are all well above Haines in football ability. We must remember Jones is 16 not 19 as is Haines and has only played the game for about 3 years. I would think that this would leave a fair amount of scope for development. But then again he's certainly light years ahead of our other scholarship recipient, but I guess that's another story in itself.
Just out of curiosity who is this other scholarship recipient you speak of? I just hope these talented juniors don't go unnoticed like cardiff's adam farleigh...I truly believe that if he was picked up at a young age he would now be a superstar of the afl.
I also rate young josh nesbitt from newcastle city quite highly. I believe he could very well be the next marty dineen and play consistent first grade when he is clearly a reserve grader at best...

You people on here are a joke, attacking kids the way you are. It sounds like you w***ers have the shits with the amount of talent that Jones, Nesbitt and Haines have compared to yourselves.

Grow up

Just wondering if anyone could tell me how many AFL schlorship players are playing in the BDAFL and which clubs they are currently playing for?

Disagree,

If you people cant handle opinions about how crap some young kid is than you are even crapper than that young kid.

Jones, Nesbitt and Haines, I've never heard of these clowns.

The league needs to bring back Dave Manson and Alan Ward to fix up the progress of these sub standard kid footballers. We need to turn them into real footballers with real passion like Steve May from Waners Bay, A real footballer who loves to whack the youngins when they step out of line. We also need the Gong back he can show those Cardiff Gooses how to kick real goals.

Current scholarship holders in northern heat region are
Scott Reed (Pennant Hills)- Collingwood
Ben Simon (Cardiff)- Essendon
James Webster (Terrigal)- Essendon
Jay Lewis (Pennant Hills)- Sydney
Braedon Jones (City)- Western Bulldogs
Daniel Lloyd (Killarney Vale)- Western Bulldogs

Reed and Lewis both played all their junior footy on the Central Coast.
By the way cityinsider, I think you left the most talented kid off that list in Rawson. Massive fan of the way he goes about things and the way he plays the game.
Should be another week with a few big wins in the BDAFL. Interesting to see on Killarneys website they arent really happy with a night game due to the lack of support. Will be interesting to see the number of spectators that attend other night matches in the future.
Tips for the weekend
Terrigal by 100+
Cardiff by 120+
City by 80
Killarney by 70

Thanks Deitzy for the quick reply

Out of these young players who do you think is mostly likely to get drafted?

skvfboi, from the list Deitzy provided, every player is currently in the State 16s squad or State 18s squad except for Ben Simon.

Out of the scholarship kids Reed is definitely the most likely to be drafted. 192 cms, very athletic and skills get better by the day. Has been playing in the ruck for Pennant Hills but can also play as an Adam Goodes type midfielder or key postions at either end of the ground.
Collingwood obviously think a fair bit of him as they took him to South Africa with the senior list for a couple of weeks before the season started and he played in a couple of intraclubs over there and did well from all reports. Of the other ones Id say Lloyd would be next likely then maybe Bradeon. Benny Simon isnt in the squad for the 18s nationals so Id say his chance is gone, Webster is still only 16 so bit hard to tell where he will be at in 2 years, while Lewis can play the game and works hard, but his attitude leaves a fair bit to be desired.

Tips this weekend,

Marlins by 5 points -
The marlins have been building week by week and will be ready to take on a tactless Terrigal Avoca Side lacking in youth and experience.

Cardiff by 5 goals -
A lot harder game for the Hawks coming up this week at the home of the mighty Magpies

Gosford by 6 goals -
City are allready getting ahead of themselves, much like the City president at last years league prezzo where he stated that on Saturday the Blues will make history and they certainly went out and proved history correct thats for sure, they were both tactless and gutless, the tigers are primed for this one.

Lake Macquarie by 2 goals -
Lets face it Killarney were 1 hit wonders last year, quite possibly the worst premiership side in BDAFL history.

And finally Warners Bay will lose the bye

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys. First post on here. Mainly it is to express how unbelievable it is to see Deitzy in a Warners Bay jumper now after all he did for the Gosford footy club and basically kept them alive. Mate I heard what the full story is on what happened and for them to say what they said and did to you is ordinary and the Gosford footy club has lost its heart and soul now and a fair bit of knowledge you would have passed on through the stuff youre doing with the AFL now.
Should we call the Black Diamond comp off now? Who can knock Cardiff off??? I cant see anyone doing it. City too young, Warners seem to be struggling to beat the low sides by big scores and got thumped in rd 1 against them, Killarney not real impressive so far, Terrigal not enough gun players, Gosford still cant put 2 good performances in a row together, Wyong a fair bit off as is Lake Macquarie and Nelson Bay are at huge odds to win a game let alone beat Cardiff!
Mind you it has happened before!

Buddy1986, while it was a massive decision to leave Gosford it was for the best for both parties so I think everyone has won out of it. I know Gosford dont miss me on the field and Warners are a good club to be at, definitely enjoying footy a lot more, would enjoy it more if i was getting a few kicks but.

Round 6 Tips

Cardiff by 110pts
Terrigal by 75pts
Newc City by 58 pts
K/Vale by 40 pts

Lets hope for a few upsets though, especially Lake MacQ over K/Vale.

Should we call the Black Diamond comp off now? Who can knock Cardiff off??? I cant see anyone doing it. City too young, Warners seem to be struggling to beat the low sides by big scores and got thumped in rd 1 against them, Killarney not real impressive so far, Terrigal not enough gun players, Gosford still cant put 2 good performances in a row together, Wyong a fair bit off as is Lake Macquarie and Nelson Bay are at huge odds to win a game let alone beat Cardiff!
Mind you it has happened before!

Agree,
i'm afraid to see what cardiff will to do to teams when gibson simpson and shawn smith return.

Agree,
i'm afraid to see what cardiff will to do to teams when gibson simpson and shawn smith return.

I wouldn't worry about those clowns!
A source close to the hawks assures me that Shawn Smith is in traction, Simpson has put on 35kg's and Gibson would rather watch a musical than play football.
Apparently with no more Goolagong in the BDAFL, Simpson has taken the season off to pack on as much weight as he can and become the leagues premier big fat full forward (with the exception of Warners Bay's Blake Brunkhorst of course). Should he return for the latter part of season 2008 or 2009, I suggest that nobody gets between him and the canteen on game day!

Ok, so I don't get to watch a lot of AFL on tv these days... but have I missed something?

What the hell is Brett Kimmorley doing playing for the Sydney Swans?!

I know the Sharks were trying to give him the boot, but I never saw that coming...

2008_BirdC_Profile_med.jpg
0,5001,5505457,00.jpg

4 predictable wins on the weekend. Must say but that Lake Macquarie pushing Killarney was a bit of a shock, and half way thriough the 3rd quarter at Adcock Park I thought Gosford might have been able to get over the top of City, but in the last 1/4 City stepped up a gear and ran out convincing winners in the end.
What is interesting to note is that in all three grades, City, Cardiff and Warners are in the top 4. We all saw last year that upsets can happen in the big games, but I just wonder how can the clubs down the bottom end of the ladder get up and compete with the top sides on a consistent basis? For the league to be really strong we need to have 4 good games of footy a week. Im not knocking the clubs who are struggling because I know what its like running out onto the field knowing you are probably going to get flogged, and you know that every player and committee person is busting a gut to try and improve, but in reality the strong just keep getting stronger and the clubs who are at the lower end of the ladder cant catch up at the moment.

It might get a little harder 4 warners with Gordo seeking clearance to st george re nswafl website.
Dietzy i reckon Gosford would be a chance to spoil the Bombers 30th anniv. this weekend, The bombers fielded a pretty good side and should be capable of a lot more, after last year they cant be written off.

Agree the top teams keep going full steam ahead while the others go backwards! Was involved in 2 games on the weekend and got hammered in both!!
Its no good 4 footy in the area as no 1 wants to turn up every week 2 get smashed, would of been great 4 the comp if the crows got up.
Had an altercation with clark (4) after gtting a free against him and he called my team a bunch of "*******s"... wont be long tll their playing with themselves, should at least show yr opposition some respect!:mad:

Agree the top teams keep going full steam ahead while the others go backwards! Was involved in 2 games on the weekend and got hammered in both!!
Its no good 4 footy in the area as no 1 wants to turn up every week 2 get smashed, would of been great 4 the comp if the crows got up.
Had an altercation with clark (4) after gtting a free against him and he called my team a bunch of "*******s"... wont be long tll their playing with themselves, should at least show yr opposition some respect!:mad:

Noodles which altercation are you talking about one such incident was when a Wyong player raised an elbow towards Clarke's head towards the end of the 2nd quarter.

Skvfboi not sure about that 1,to be honest i struggle to keep up with the play but no it was a simple (hold of each other off the ball) i got the free and after kicking he decided to have a go at my team, wasnt much but i just hope it doesnt show how they feel about us,at least they are gettin a game.
In the 2's Duges was havin a good crack at us, our umpie and just bout every1 else,and this while they pump us by 100! I know they the bench mark of the league but giv us a go, we're all there 2 have a game and a beer:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back