Black Diamond AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey again guys.
I will say the tigers had a good win on the weekend but the way some people on here are talking it is as if we are going to be a premiership "force"! Come on guys lets be realistic! Terrigal arent going great and we played well but we still kicked 10 goals 17 points so we need to improve there.
As a player at Gosford it is disappointing to see people on here from our club trying to stir up crap and talk us up as if we are a top 4 contender. In all honesty we got flogged by Killarney and City who are top 4 sides so that shows where we really are.
Usingtheforce, people are allowed to have opinions mate, be it "educated" or "uneducated". You challenging every negative thing said about Gosford is wrong in my opinion because some of the criticism is totally fair. Where are all these "gun" 18s we had, and what happened to the top 2 finish the commitee and coaches expected last year. I only remember Murch and Johnny Deitz saying top 2 finishes dont just happen, we should be aiming to win more games than we did the year before. Where are those 2 guys now? You picking fights with people on here is going to scrutinise every result our club has and ensure people hang shit on us every time we get beat.
We still have heaps of footy left for the year so hopefully we can cause a couple of upsets and beat Wyong this week.

Good to see more players on here. If you read the posts, the only time i have a go back is when people put their stuff onto what you write. Like chinese whispers and the end result is never what you originally wrote.

Good to see more players on here. If you read the posts, the only time i have a go back is when people put their stuff onto what you write. Like chinese whispers and the end result is never what you originally wrote.

PLEASE start to reply to relevant parts of peoples Posts.

everyone will form their own opinion on what YOU write, not how others interpret it.

In 80% of the reply posts to yours had valid questions that you could reply to, however if you look through the previous pages you have replied to rubbish, misunderstandings, and little pot shots. It causes pages of crap. The same thing is posted 6 times.

example buddy1986 put some quetions to you that affect all clubs, that you could respond to, instead we all know how to play chinese whispers.

It goes for everyone... IGNORE THE RUBBISH.

Hey again guys.
I will say the tigers had a good win on the weekend but the way some people on here are talking it is as if we are going to be a premiership "force"! Come on guys lets be realistic! Terrigal arent going great and we played well but we still kicked 10 goals 17 points so we need to improve there.
As a player at Gosford it is disappointing to see people on here from our club trying to stir up crap and talk us up as if we are a top 4 contender. In all honesty we got flogged by Killarney and City who are top 4 sides so that shows where we really are.
Usingtheforce, people are allowed to have opinions mate, be it "educated" or "uneducated". You challenging every negative thing said about Gosford is wrong in my opinion because some of the criticism is totally fair. Where are all these "gun" 18s we had, and what happened to the top 2 finish the commitee and coaches expected last year. I only remember Murch and Johnny Deitz saying top 2 finishes dont just happen, we should be aiming to win more games than we did the year before. Where are those 2 guys now? You picking fights with people on here is going to scrutinise every result our club has and ensure people hang shit on us every time we get beat.
We still have heaps of footy left for the year so hopefully we can cause a couple of upsets and beat Wyong this week.

I couldnt agree more with you. Yeh we beat terrigal on Saturday, yeh we played our best game for a long time. Wyongs the challenge this week.

Think you should show some more discipline on here usingtheforce.

PLEASE start to reply to relevant parts of peoples Posts.

everyone will form their own opinion on what YOU write, not how others interpret it.

In 80% of the reply posts to yours had valid questions that you could reply to, however if you look through the previous pages you have replied to rubbish, misunderstandings, and little pot shots. It causes pages of crap. The same thing is posted 6 times.

example buddy1986 put some quetions to you that affect all clubs, that you could respond to, instead we all know how to play chinese whispers.

It goes for everyone... IGNORE THE RUBBISH.

Granted bandf i know where your coming from but isnt backing your team what its all about. I have given acknowlegement where its due to other teams and players. I raised questions and given factual accounts of things that have happened at the footy game and yet people put their own words and thoughts onto what you have type giving it a totally different meaning. It is natural for someone to then fire up and correct a wrong. Everyone is entitle to their opinion and thats what a debate a question or a forum is for, am i correct in saying that or it just ends up as a story book.

Tips this week;

Depending on what side Wyong bring to the game will determine if the match is a close one or not.
Gosford by 15 points

Expecting Killarney to get flogged as it is at Newcastle and they won't have serveral of their dominating players who seem to be only playing at home games these days
Newcastle 8 goals

If Warners have all their players back and put their full side on the ground, they may limit the damage to percentage. Deitzy to star in defence.
Cardiff 10 goals

Lake Macquarie to have home ground advantage and the wood over Terrigal unless Terrigal can concentrate on the game and not the umpires.
Lakes 5 goals

What is the Gosford Footy Clubs Team Song, After seeing them in round 1 I managed to steal their song from a club official. I now display it here for you all too see.

GOSFORD TIGERS THEME SONG

Oh, we're from Gosford Tigerland,
A Sooky fury, we're from Gosford Tigerland,
In any weather you will see us never win,
Never Risking head and chin,
If we're behind then never mind,
We're used to it from the begin.

For we're from Gosford Tigerland,
We're always weak 'til the final siren's gone.
Like the Tigers of old,
We're crap and we're old.
For we're from Tiger, lets hit the sack,
For we're from Gosford Tigerland.

Now guys I was shocked when I read this but is this real or has someone made this up as some kind of joke?

What is the Gosford Footy Clubs Team Song, After seeing them in round 1 I managed to steal their song from a club official. I now display it here for you all too see.

GOSFORD TIGERS THEME SONG

Oh, we're from Gosford Tigerland,
A Sooky fury, we're from Gosford Tigerland,
In any weather you will see us never win,
Never Risking head and chin,
If we're behind then never mind,
We're used to it from the begin.

For we're from Gosford Tigerland,
We're always weak 'til the final siren's gone.
Like the Tigers of old,
We're crap and we're old.
For we're from Tiger, lets hit the sack,
For we're from Gosford Tigerland.

Now guys I was shocked when I read this but is this real or has someone made this up as some kind of joke?

Is this some kind of sick joke?? This board is pathetic. Would everyone one grow up and stop slagging each other.

Usingtheforce you have created this monster! Stop your whinging and stop thinking everyone cares about you opinions. At Gosford we prefer to go under the radar. You would rather brag about how far up the ladder we are but in reality Nelson Bay, Lake Macquarie and Wyong are so pathetic they don't deserve to be in the first Grade Comp. Stop taking the bait Usingtheforce, you are making us look like knobs

Is this some kind of sick joke?? This board is pathetic. Would everyone one grow up and stop slagging each other.

Usingtheforce you have created this monster! Stop your whinging and stop thinking everyone cares about you opinions. At Gosford we prefer to go under the radar. You would rather brag about how far up the ladder we are but in reality Nelson Bay, Lake Macquarie and Wyong are so pathetic they don't deserve to be in the first Grade Comp. Stop taking the bait Usingtheforce, you are making us look like knobs

Its tigersden_08 not tigerden_08 hahaha

yeh come on dave stop taking the bait.

Well said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

QUESTION-:
After much debate recently over the selected rep side, and all of the small on-ball talent.........

Who is the "Best big man in the league??" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

5 or 6 years ago i would of said Clarke Sturman, 2 or 3 years ago big Ben from Cardiff, now its really a toss up, Pete Van Dam would have to be up there and so would Michael Kemp. Its a tough one.

If Gordon Burrows keeps improving he will be hard to handle over the next couple of years, the same goes for Jacob Dawes from Cardiff.

Definitely Mick Ryan. Great in the air, excellent kick, physical presence.

Would have to agree!!

The other is Kemp, he is very mobile and takes a great grab!

Justin Ayres was a handy tall a few years ago, dont know whether he would fall into the typical 'Big Man' class though.

Goolagong certainly, can't deny he's not a BIG man! There was a guy who played for City when they won the flag in '03, Scott Rawle was a RAAFIE played a fair bit of footy in the riverena before playing in Newcastle was a dominant CHF and a handy ruck. I think he played rep. And of course Bob Hooton pretty much for the ability to win a ruck with a stare! HA HA

QUESTION-:
After much debate recently over the selected rep side, and all of the small on-ball talent.........

Who is the "Best big man in the league??" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't really know the players too well but the new guy from Cardiff who played in the rep side is pretty good, and Rick White from KV impresses.

I agree with the other posts that said something about Burrows and Dawes being good in the future.

In the 90's the old Wallsend club had a big ruckman, about 6 foot 6 or 6 foot 7, classic name for a big guy. Fred Messmaker.

Pretty good player, played with them for about 10 years or so, good clubman for them.

Great name for a big fella.

I don't really know the players too well but the new guy from Cardiff who played in the rep side is pretty good, and Rick White from KV impresses.

I agree with the other posts that said something about Burrows and Dawes being good in the future.

I'd have Rick White in the top 5 On ballers in the league.... but i guess he would be about 6 feet 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back