Black Diamond AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Tips for this week!

Kilarney Vale vs Warners Bay - Should be the match of the round, a very important game in the context of ladder position with the winner to take out right 3rd not sure what injuries either side have but i'm thinking Kilarney to get up on their home ground by 10 pts.

Wyong vs Nelson Bay - I think Wyong will get across the line here by 4 or 5 goals, from what i've read on here a lot of players backing up each round so they will be refreshed and have plenty of legs to run the game right out.

City vs Terigal - Will definantly be a physical encounter but City should win this game by 70 + pts.

Cardiff vs Gosford - Lot of support for Gosford on this forum however i don't see Gosford getting close to Cardiff. If you look at the pevious rounds score against Warners Bay and ladder position it tells a story but no doubt the Tigers will go down fighting! Hard to determine a score, wll go off last rounds result and say it will be 120+.

Best of luck to all, and enjoy your footy!

City would have heaps of money if they stopped paying Bob Hootons bail.

Your a Di ckhead mate. Bob Hooton wouldn't piss on a pathetic loser like you if you were on fire.

anyway tips this round:

Bombers by 4 goals - the doggies fading unfortunately
Wyong by 8 pionts - best of luck to nelson bay. good bunch of blokes but need some depth
Cardiff by 3 goals - gosford up at 3/4 time but fade to the bdafl favourites (mortgage on the cup - please!)
City by 5 goals - I exect the panthers to be up for it but we have a good mix of youth and experience that should yield the result

Any results??
Nelson bay kicked the 1st goal 2day, but were never in the game...
Most of their blokes stayed back 4 a drink afterwards which was good, nice guys they just need to hang in there!!
Wyong by bout 80 points

Cardiff won by 62 points i think. The forever pending suspended Rhino kicked 4 or 5 goals i think. May have been a slightly closer result had the tribunal been convened for his striking charge from 2 weeks ago. Over all a hard fought game throughout the day with only 1 or 2 goals kicked in the 1st quarter by both teams on a boggy in places ground. Cardiff had a good second quarter kicking with the aid of the swirling wind. Gosford recovered some territory on the scoreboard in the 3rd quarter to be still in the game at the last change. Cardiff had the better of the last quarter with at times a strong breeze. Both teams knew they had been in a game on the heavy ground. Congrats to Cardiff notching another win and staying undefeated and Gosford although beaten by a better team on the day were not disgraced. Reserves could have gone either way with plenty of points kicked not goals but Cardiff gained the upper hand in the first quarter and kept it to win. The 18's was a hard fought game. Cardiff again winning but a stronger showing from the Gosford side with the fielding of their largest playing number for the year in 17 players taking the field instead of the usual 12 -13.

Looks like there could be selection headaches coming up for Cardiff too, with Shawn Simpson, Liam Gibson, Lee Krake & Jeremy Kocon coming back in the reserve grade today, with Andrew McIntyre also playing in the ressies and Adam Clarke, Sam Brasington, Nick Haddon, Shaun Smith & Ben Watters sitting on the sidelines. :eek:

Any results??
Nelson bay kicked the 1st goal 2day, but were never in the game...
Most of their blokes stayed back 4 a drink afterwards which was good, nice guys they just need to hang in there!!
Wyong by bout 80 points

At least 7 players out with RAAF duties. Struggle to put a side on the paddock let alon e be compedative. Some players wouldn't even make most reserve grade sides . Not much fun being flogged each week. In 2008 really wanted to drop back to Reserve grade .. BDAFL said no. If we can get through 2009 hope to have some quality juniors available for 18's in 2010. Hoping anyway! AND that's if they don'y travel to Newcastle to play with other clubs.

The comp would be poorer without a side up at Port Stephens/Nelson Bay. The Bay always been a good club and host for other clubs. Play hard then celebrate the footy. Maybe a call for ex players to get back involved for the next couple of years with the hope of juniors (and parent involvement) making the club strong again by 2010/11.

RAAFies are great for experience and skill and very important but depth gotta come from local kids coming through the system. That lack cost the old Wallsend survival.

Cardiff won by 62 points i think. The forever pending suspended Rhino kicked 4 or 5 goals i think. May have been a slightly closer result had the tribunal been convened for his striking charge from 2 weeks ago. quote]

Mate, Its not Mick Ryan's fault that he aint rubbed out. Its the leagues. Sounds like your making excuses and that if Mick Ryan getting rubbed out when he should of, we would have had more of a shot. Scott Manuelle did a good job on him to keep him to 3 goals. I didnt know Flynn Kicked 5. I really do think some1 can beat cardiff this year. Cardiff Just need to be put under more pressure.

Cardiff won by 62 points i think. The forever pending suspended Rhino kicked 4 or 5 goals i think. May have been a slightly closer result had the tribunal been convened for his striking charge from 2 weeks ago. quote]

Mate, Its not Mick Ryan's fault that he aint rubbed out. Its the leagues. Sounds like your making excuses and that if Mick Ryan getting rubbed out when he should of, we would have had more of a shot. Scott Manuelle did a good job on him to keep him to 3 goals. I didnt know Flynn Kicked 5. I really do think some1 can beat cardiff this year. Cardiff Just need to be put under more pressure.

Nah Tigersden, i just thought the margin may have been a bit closer. He is a big part of Cardiff's structure up forward and without him there they might have had to find a different avenue which may not have worked as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched Gosford and Cardiff yesterday. Thought Gosford had every chance to win the game but their inability to hit targets on the Bill Elliott bog put paid to any chances they had. Gosford battled hard but Cardiff managed to have 2 really good 15 minute periods in the 2nd and last 1/4 where they kicked away and took the margin out.
Today Warners played their best 4 quarters of the year to beat Killarney. After a pretty tight contest in tough conditions in the 1st half we managed to kick clear in the 3rd quarter and come away with a real good win against the reigning premiers on their own ground. Makes for a few interesting rounds coming up, is the top 4 set or can Gosford or Terrigal cause a couple of upsets and make a late run?

Watched Gosford and Cardiff yesterday. Thought Gosford had every chance to win the game but their inability to hit targets on the Bill Elliott bog put paid to any chances they had. Gosford battled hard but Cardiff managed to have 2 really good 15 minute periods in the 2nd and last 1/4 where they kicked away and took the margin out.
Today Warners played their best 4 quarters of the year to beat Killarney. After a pretty tight contest in tough conditions in the 1st half we managed to kick clear in the 3rd quarter and come away with a real good win against the reigning premiers on their own ground. Makes for a few interesting rounds coming up, is the top 4 set or can Gosford or Terrigal cause a couple of upsets and make a late run?

Hey Deitzy, yeah thought with the way our game plan was working in the first quarter we might steal it. Didnt help our cause in the backs when Benny Lester rolled his ankle which i did as well yesterday and he took no further part in the game. Liam restricted with a quad strain and i only just found out a couple of guys with a bad bout of that flu thats going around. Never the less we are all adults and we got beaten on the day by the better team. We are not unhappy as it shows we are going in the right direction just disappointed at the one that got away i suppose. We are happy that we limited the damage as Cardiff's average winning margin this year coming into the game was exactly 100 points and our average loosing margin when we lost was 57 so there are positives in some areas to work on and there is still next time as they say. We have you guys next week if there grounds arent closed.

Hey Deitzy, yeah thought with the way our game plan was working in the first quarter we might steal it. Didnt help our cause in the backs when Benny Lester rolled his ankle which i did as well yesterday and he took no further part in the game. Liam restricted with a quad strain and i only just found out a couple of guys with a bad bout of that flu thats going around. Never the less we are all adults and we got beaten on the day by the better team. We are not unhappy as it shows we are going in the right direction just disappointed at the one that got away i suppose. We are happy that we limited the damage as Cardiff's average winning margin this year coming into the game was exactly 100 points and our average loosing margin when we lost was 57 so there are positives in some areas to work on and there is still next time as they say. We have you guys next week if there grounds arent closed.
Yeah, I was pretty surprised with the change of game plan in the 2nd quarter from you blokes. Thought you were going well while u were playing 1 on 1, then when u went with the superflood, Cardiff managed to kick a heap of goals.

Yeah, I was pretty surprised with the change of game plan in the 2nd quarter from you blokes. Thought you were going well while u were playing 1 on 1, then when u went with the superflood, Cardiff managed to kick a heap of goals.

That type of flood works if your on ur game and prepared to run your backside off like we did 18 months ago at home. You were there that game werent u. Just needs everyone committed to the same game plan because one passenger leaves you exposed. You get one player walking and not running or not covering a man and you have undone everything you tried to do.

At this early stage of the week, there is nearly no chance of the Match of the Round (& Super mega day) City V Cardiff being played this weekend at No. 1. As there are no scheduled matches at Hawkins Oval on Saturday, will someone make the call???
Probably not, that would require lateral thinking. Wouldn't it be good to see all the planned matches (U10s, 12s, 14s, 16s, 18s, Resies & Snrs) still go ahead at Wickham. The ghost town could be re-ingnited!

At this early stage of the week, there is nearly no chance of the Match of the Round (& Super mega day) City V Cardiff being played this weekend at No. 1. As there are no scheduled matches at Hawkins Oval on Saturday, will someone make the call???
Probably not, that would require lateral thinking. Wouldn't it be good to see all the planned matches (U10s, 12s, 14s, 16s, 18s, Resies & Snrs) still go ahead at Wickham. The ghost town could be re-ingnited!

Long range forcast:
http://www.abc.net.au/newcastle/news/weather.htm?section=forecast
Showers later in the week

Even if No 1 was ruled out and Hawkins was available on Saturday - Reserves (4.30pm start) and Seniors (6.30pm starty) would be played in the dark - not going to happen!

Long range forcast:
http://www.abc.net.au/newcastle/news/weather.htm?section=forecast
Showers later in the week

Even if No 1 was ruled out and Hawkins was available on Saturday - Reserves (4.30pm start) and Seniors (6.30pm starty) would be played in the dark - not going to happen!

I know it will be dark, but by moving first 5 matches (10s - 18s) to Hawkins, ground could be kept in such a state that the 2 remaining matches could be played without cancelling the round. It would be scary for someone to come up with an alternative this early in the week!

playing 1 on 1 was the only way gosford had at least a 2% chance of winning. flooding 10 players in the back line was useless, especially when your against a fairly strong breeze. the likes of wold, flynn, and quinny were able to use that breeze and kick straight over the numerous gosford statues.

some game plan...

playing 1 on 1 was the only way gosford had at least a 2% chance of winning. flooding 10 players in the back line was useless, especially when your against a fairly strong breeze. the likes of wold, flynn, and quinny were able to use that breeze and kick straight over the numerous gosford statues.

some game plan...

What a short memory you have. It was how we constructed a win against Cardiff when they were undefeated in '06. The game plan worked then, but it didnt this time as our players weren't committed to it like they were then and they know they let themselves down at the weekend. Game plans are game plans and if you don't follow them they usually don't work. They didnt follow the plan so they got found out so saying it was useless shows your understanding of the game. The Cardiff boys did very well and credit where credit is due, but as previously state before by a spectator on the day except for 2 x 15 min periods in the game, both teams battled hard with no quarter given by either side.

Usingtheforce hey. More like Usingtheexcuses!

What a short memory you have. It was how we constructed a win against Cardiff when they were undefeated in '06. The game plan worked then, but it didnt this time as our players weren't committed to it like they were then and they know they let themselves down at the weekend. Game plans are game plans and if you don't follow them they usually don't work. They didnt follow the plan so they got found out so saying it was useless shows your understanding of the game. The Cardiff boys did very well and credit where credit is due, but as previously state before by a spectator on the day except for 2 x 15 min periods in the game, both teams battled hard with no quarter given by either side.
Spot on, it was how we beat them in 2006 but this is 2008. We were going well when we were man on man on Saturday but we were nowhere near it when we flooded. Maybe we should have worked on it at training but the ground being closed didnt help us there. I dont think it was us not following the game plan, instead i dont think we understood what Spinky wanted. Usingtheforce, who writes the articles on our website?

I think the scoreboard always tells the true story, I'm not quite sure where your getting this 2 x 15 minute periods of domination??? Cardiff held firm in the first quarter and should have led by more playing against a massive breeze. Then dominated the rest of the game playing in 3rd or 4th gear. You wont beat Cardiff dropping numbers back, That just allowed 3 loose hawk backman to do as they pleased at half back. Having said that if you stuck with one on one footy you would have got beaten by more so its a bit of a catch 22 for your team I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back