Injury Blue Healers - 2017 Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't Cripps keep playing with a fractured fib in his rookie season?
Fibula doesnt load bear too much, but head of the fibula has the fibula nerve wrapped around it. Reckon thats why he couldnt put weight through it. Had a massive 'dead leg' from the whack to the nerve.

Obviously don't know for sure, but its fairly plausible

Last edited:

Fibula doesnt load bear too much, but head of the fibula has the fibula nerve wrapped around it. Reckon thats why he couldnt put wait through it. Had a massive 'dead leg' from the whack to the nerve.

Obviously don't know for sure, but its fairly plausible

I like that thinking, didn't consider the common fib. nerve numbness.

I had an interest in orthopaedics early in my career. Interchangeable terms. Severity is denoted by descriptors associated with the fracture.

I've broken a few bones in my time, each with different descriptors as to the severity.

Admittedly when I was told I had a hairline fracture, I figured the doctor was just commenting on the fact I had started to go bald....:cool:

I don't want to be too optimistic but giving Cripps an 8 week break to go along with another preseason will do our midfield wonders. Other player will be forced to bare the load of what he does. Players will lift to counter his absence. And players like fisher, SPS, cuningham will get the privelege of game analysis with Cripps pre and post game. Look at what it did for the leadership of Murphy last year. This could be the making of a player like polson.

I've broken a few bones in my time, each with different descriptors as to the severity.

Admittedly when I was told I had a hairline fracture, I figured the doctor was just commenting on the fact I had started to go bald....:cool:

That's a fractured hairline.

I don't want to be too optimistic but giving Cripps an 8 week break to go along with another preseason will do our midfield wonders. Other player will be forced to bare the load of what he does. Players will lift to counter his absence. And players like fisher, SPS, cuningham will get the privelege of game analysis with Cripps pre and post game. Look at what it did for the leadership of Murphy last year. This could be the making of a player like polson.

too soon man... too soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked like a fracture to me. You can see the leg buckle.

Not as bad as Barlows (that was a clean break with his shin literally bending in half, and the bottom bit wobbling around) but it clearly buckled.
Yeah I thought I saw it flex unnaturally. Usually means structural damage unless your bones are made of rubber like Simpsons seem to be

:'( If this is correct I want him to rehab well and come back next year as a bigger bull.(Brownlow!!)

Yep, Curnow won't be the only Charlie at the club before too long.

And no, not of the Gold Coke Suns variety....

Bigfooty posters trying to decipher cripps x-rays

u2singi1.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers - 2017 Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back