Injury Blue Healers - 2017 Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure it's a fracture. The way Crippa was grimacing doesn't sound like a muscle injury. This was the result of direct impact.

The whole rebuild of the club has been really transparent with us supporters and I've loved that about Bolts. I would of loved for the club to update us this morning on what's happening from a club statement. A fundamental key to our rebuild and success is Cripps and he is probably the most important player to the future of us.

The whole rebuild of the club has been really transparent with us supporters and I've loved that about Bolts. I would of loved for the club to update us this morning on what's happening from a club statement. A fundamental key to our rebuild and success is Cripps and he is probably the most important player to the future of us.
They actually need to figure it out themselves which is why they are getting scans today, announcement will come later.

this injury is nothing like Wallis'. nothing.

Mechanism entirely different.

Wallis kicked the back of his own achilles while in full flight and his lower leg went all floppy.

Cripps copped a kick to the back of his calf and his leg didn't go all flaccid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's a fracture, that's not too bad.

Worse than a bad corky (my hope) but at least no structural damage to knee/ankle etc.

Get well Patty.

Yeah I'm thinking a fracture isn't actually the worst news.

Given the way his knee moved on impact as well I was worried potentially some ACL or other ligament damage maybe.
It's "just" a fracture as opposed to a full break, so its affect his body too much going into the future.

Not good news, don't get me wrong, but it could've been a lot worse and in the grand scheme of things he'll be right for next pre-season.

Given the way his knee moved on impact as well I was worried potentially some ACL or other ligament damage maybe.
It's "just" a fracture as opposed to a full break, so its affect his body too much going into the future.

Not good news, don't get me wrong, but it could've been a lot worse and in the grand scheme of things he'll be right for next pre-season.
Definitely not an ACL. Appears to be a Fracture of the fibula. Should be right for preseason.

Fracture is a break..

Mechanism could certainly be a head of fibula fracture. Worst possible outcome with that is potential nerve damage.

Might be a lot less though.

Look at the difference between Mundy and Cripps. Mundy needed a green whistle, Cripps did not. He even got close to a walk up when coming off. I'd say it's muscular and worst hairline fracture/hot spot

Look at the difference between Mundy and Cripps. Mundy needed a green whistle, Cripps did not. He even got close to a walk up when coming off. I'd say it's muscular and worst hairline fracture/hot spot

Last time he broke it, he did an Ed Curnow and went back on the field to test it out.

Yeah. I dont think that it is serious

Fracture is a break..

Mechanism could certainly be a head of fibula fracture. Worst possible outcome with that is potential nerve damage.

Might be a lot less though.
I'm aware, however language is important. When one says they broke a bone it's intended to be more severe sounding than a fracture.

At least, that's how I've always interpreted it in the past. So far it's not led me wrong...

I'm aware, however language is important. When one says they broke a bone it's intended to be more severe sounding than a fracture.

At least, that's how I've always interpreted it in the past. So far it's not led me wrong...
I had an interest in orthopaedics early in my career. Interchangeable terms. Severity is denoted by descriptors associated with the fracture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers - 2017 Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back