Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Jordan Russel saying on SEN WA this morning that Jack Martin should be available for some form of match play in the next week or 2

Jordan Russel saying on SEN WA this morning that Jack Martin should be available for some form of match play in the next week or 2

Sakc Russell!

Sorry, old habit...

Round 0101010101010101

Leg-scaled.jpg

Sakc Andrew, hire Jordan for director of calf issues and other niggles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SEN were broadcasting from the Saints vs * practice match today, and the two Andy's did an interview with Paddy Dow - who incidentally I didn't realise has a decent knee injury that'll keep him out of action for about 6 weeks, and originally they feared an ACL!! Just another reason to sakc Russell 🤣

Anyway, I digress. Apparently he's still sharing the house with Walshy and Setters in Nth Fitzroy - but reckons they kind of get on better now because they have more to talk about being at different clubs.

Andy Maher couldn't help but grill him on Walsh and his injury....he said that Sammy was getting around the house no problem, and might be playing in the scratch match against the Demons. Obviously got it from the horse's mouth :thumbsu::cool:

Jay Clark saying Walsh is out for 5-6 weeks.

Hopefully he's miles off on this one but unfortunately he's usually pretty reliable.

Not a quote but Jay said something like “some rumours suggest he could be out for 5 or 6 weeks is what I’m hearing”.

No real definitive answer and that’s a kind of quote we could all say if we were interviewed.

The context was also about how Carlton would go this year given we have some injuries at present.

I think you are overstating Jay’s conviction with a comment that was speculative.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The truth probably is no-one, including Sam himself, knows how long it'll be until he's good to go.
If he has back pain, they're going to wait until he has no back pain, before he's right to play.
And there are far less knowns with this kind of thing than, say, a muscle strain.
There's 'we hope he'll be good in a couple of weeks' to 'he could miss up to a couple of months' but it all adds up to, we don't know.
So... we can just hope for the best.

The truth probably is no-one, including Sam himself, knows how long it'll be until he's good to go.
If he has back pain, they're going to wait until he has no back pain, before he's right to play.
And there are far less knowns with this kind of thing than, say, a muscle strain.
There's 'we hope he'll be good in a couple of weeks' to 'he could miss up to a couple of months' but it all adds up to, we don't know.
So... we can just hope for the best.

Hopefully with the experience Sam has already been through he can manage the soreness a bit better.

Also he may be a lot more conscious of the pain levels now he has been down the surgery path and unlike previously he may not naively push himself whilst ignoring the discomfort.

One thing I am sure about, Sam and the fitness/medical team are fully invested in getting this right and prepping to be as fit and functional as possible as soon as possible.

Walsh is a gun we all know that but it’s an area of the ground we can run numbers through,JW on the other hand is irreplaceable and crucial to everything we do.

IMO Weitering is our most important player.

How well would we be going if we can win the first two games without him :cool:

IMO Weitering is our most important player.

How well would we be going if we can win the first two games without him :cool:
Dream start for sure.

I don’t think there will be any easy games this year tbh, except maybe west coast. I think each team will have improved with some teams expecting to be towards the bottom all up for a crack early in the season.

Weitering is a huge loss as is Walsh. Unfortunately there currently isn’t a settled group at the Blues and this could go against us even though we are expected to do well early into the season.

Weitering the general in the backline and Williams not yet guaranteed a start of the season start (we all hope and expect him to play).

Walsh currently with his return date unclear.

Up forward Jack is out for the season, EHollands out for the first few games (also a mid), CDurdin may not yet good to go (I’m unsure on where he is at), Jack Martin and hopefully Owies all good to start the season but will they?

There just seems to be a few uncertainties to all the lines that is not ideal.

You’re right, 2-0 is the dream, but if we are 0-2, I really hope Weitering, Walsh and Martin are good to go round 3.

I am told that Walsh 60/40 for Brisbane game and if not should play against Tigers.

He is healing well. Issue is there is no structural issues and no obvious problem, just a bit sore, so trying to work out best way to look after him and make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Like Weitering being very cautious and looking at big picture

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back