Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1947770

Martin and Motlop gone to TBC now
😵
That’s not a list which accurately reflects the clubs injury list. The AFL likes an update every Tuesday to fill a gap in the news cycle.
Clubs are not required to conform to that timeline and it’s become more common for Carlton not to provide a scheduled weekly update this year, preferring to filter out injury news when and where it best fits the club’s needs.
That said, when they do get around to providing an update this week, it could be a doozy.

That’s not a list which accurately reflects the clubs injury list. The AFL likes an update every Tuesday to fill a gap in the news cycle.
Clubs are not required to conform to that timeline and it’s become more common for Carlton not to provide a scheduled weekly update this year, preferring to filter out injury news when and where it best fits the club’s needs.
That said, when they do get around to providing an update this week, it could be a doozy.

Cunners calf is the one I'm worried about...couuld end up being a long one.

We have reasonable cover though our midfield stocks are dwindling.

The list doesn't look great but most are in positions which we have cover for. I honestly was more concerned when we had Weitering out than the list currently stands. It basically gives E.Hollands, Durdin and Owies the chance to cement their side in the team. If they don't step up then they can't complain about being dropped when Martin and Motlop return.

Honestly the biggest upgrade in the side currently will be when Walsh comes in. Kemp arguably should have stayed in for Marchbank last weekend. Ild rather have Motlop over a Durdin/Owies but I don't know which should go out and E.Hollands would be in competition with Cuningham/Martin, but had a blinder last week so could be argued to be above both.

The list doesn't look great but most are in positions which we have cover for. I honestly was more concerned when we had Weitering out than the list currently stands. It basically gives E.Hollands, Durdin and Owies the chance to cement their side in the team. If they don't step up then they can't complain about being dropped when Martin and Motlop return.

Honestly the biggest upgrade in the side currently will be when Walsh comes in. Kemp arguably should have stayed in for Marchbank last weekend. Ild rather have Motlop over a Durdin/Owies but I don't know which should go out and E.Hollands would be in competition with Cuningham/Martin, but had a blinder last week so could be argued to be above both.
Can’t see EHollands being omitted for the rest of the season

Latest Injury Update 3rd April ...

Updates on five Blues leading into Gather Round.

Caleb Marchbank (concussion)

• Entered concussion protocols last Friday
  • Unavailable for selection this week

Jesse Motlop (hamstring)
  • Low-grade hamstring strain last week
  • Availability: 2-3 weeks

Jack Martin (hamstring)
  • Low-grade hamstring strain last week
  • Will enter a conditioning block
  • Availability: 5-6 weeks

David Cuningham (calf)
  • Low-grade calf strain last week
  • Availability: 2-3 weeks

Sam Walsh (back)
  • In full training
  • Availability: 1-2 weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin 5-6 weeks what a joke

Not blaming Russell I’m just annoyed how this bloke can’t get it right for one full year
Constantly injured. No doubting his class, but durability is an ongoing concern. Given the significant competition for list spots, tough choices might be necessary at years end.

Not blaming Russell I’m just annoyed how this bloke can’t get it right for one full year
I’d suggest Russell probably is to blame for putting Martin into a conditioning block.

Look at the list.
Low-grade injuries, longer breaks.
Getting them right. Is Russell finally getting his way?

Big concern. Obviously being cautious.

Now how do we fill his role as it's an important one. I don't like Kennedy doing it as he's a mid.

Is Kemp a realistic option as a third forward? I feel we need another marking option to catch out opposition. Moir would be perfect but not ready

Big concern. Obviously being cautious.

Now how do we fill his role as it's an important one. I don't like Kennedy doing it as he's a mid.

Is Kemp a realistic option as a third forward? I feel we need another marking option to catch out opposition. Moir would be perfect but not ready
I did read somewhere kemp went forward in the 2”s last quarter so maybe plays back this week with freo tall forward line and then when Marchbank is back he goes forward

I feel like Jack Martin owes us one. 4 goals in a GF winning performance will do it.

I know he is important BUT Elijah can take his spot easily.

Motlop-Owies/Durdin/Fog/Fantasia so we have cover there.

Marchbank-Kemp

And no offence Cunners is now depth.

Still have Binns/Wilson/Cincotta/Cowan and others if need be.

Squad mentality.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back