Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest Injury Update 2nd July …

Good news on Kennedy đź‘Ť

Matthew Kennedy (knee)
• Experienced knee soreness out of the game on Sunday however scans have cleared him of damage to his knee
• Will aim to train later this week in order to be available to play
• Availability: Test

Corey Durdin (shoulder)
• Experienced a dislocated shoulder in the VFL on Sunday
• Unavailable for selection this week, his recovery will be reassessed over the next fortnight

Tom De Koning (managed)
• Will aim to train fully this week

Matthew Cottrell (foot)

Billy Wilson (knee)

IMG_0800.jpeg

Off topic but love the look of Wilson - going to be a player :)
Liked the look of him during our preseason sessions, halfback looks to be where he should be developed until he builds up enough in size & strength to possibly play further up the ground…

Players coming back from injury
Hell Yeah Reaction GIF

Six on the injury list (including those that are test) that could arguably be in our best 22

That's a quarter of our best players are out.

We are performing pretty well on the park when you consider that fact
And even with saying that, there aren’t six players that played on Sunday I would say I would easily drop for six players on our injured list. Everyone plays their role very well and helps the side.

It’s good, that is lots of depth. It would be worse if you could name players from Sunday that you’d drop.

And even with saying that, there aren’t six players that played on Sunday I would say I would easily drop for six players on our injured list. Everyone plays their role very well and helps the side.

It’s good, that is lots of depth. It would be worse if you could name players from Sunday that you’d drop.
I think I've heard the commentators mention it the last week or 2, this is really a team you don't want to be falling out of as getting back in will he hard. You don't want to miss a week or 2 with a niggle, if you do you might just find yourself back in the 2s for an extended period of time.

So glad to hear the Kennedy news. Wouldn't mind him resting this week even if he's cleared to play, Hewett was on the sub bench so just bring him into the 22. Clean swap.

Not sure Kennedy would want to miss. We now have a tagger that will play every game he’s fit so that’s one less spot that Kennedy can fill. Martin comes back in when fit, so that fills another spot.

Not sure Kennedy plays if we meet the Swans at the G, leg speed across HF will be his issue.

Not sure Kennedy would want to miss. We now have a tagger that will play every game he’s fit so that’s one less spot that Kennedy can fill. Martin comes back in when fit, so that fills another spot.

Not sure Kennedy plays if we meet the Swans at the G, leg speed across HF will be his issue.
Kennedy is ahead of George. Equally good at their primary role, but Kennedy is a much better mark around the ground and can rotate with Cripps in the forward line as a target.

In our best team, Kennedy is in the 22. Hewett as sub is my preference.

Kennedy is ahead of George. Equally good at their primary role, but Kennedy is a much better mark around the ground and can rotate with Cripps in the forward line as a target.

I'm not sure he's ahead of George, reckon George is more consistent.
And Kennedy is more flexible, so he's probably the better sub of the 2 if it comes to that.

I think the highlighted bit is the problem for Kennedy. With Martin in the side, Kennedy doesn’t make the team…

George a better mid…

I think the highlighted bit is the problem for Kennedy. With Martin in the side, Kennedy doesn’t make the team…

George a better mid…
As a clearance mid, theyre the same level.

In most other aspects, Kennedy is better.

Martin wouldnt mean Cripps cant rest fwd. Martin replaces one of the smalls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or Martin plays HFF - could Elijah start on Ollie’s wing & push into the mid, changing with Cerra ?
Yep - that works too. Though I don't think we can bank on Martin being available at all given how bad a year he's had so far.

Would be a bit rough for a brother to kick out brother.

With Fog, Owies, Williams, Elijah, Cincotta and now Fantasia all hitting the scoreboard that's no guarantee. He'll not only have to prove his form and fitness in the magoos, but also demonstrate it's better than one of those previously mentioned.
If the sides' playing well Voss will be reluctant to change it just to accommodate someone who's barely played all year without the form to back that selection up.

George a better mid…
If Kennedy and George are fit they will both play.......just like they have all year.

With Fog, Owies, Williams, Elijah, Cincotta and now Fantasia all hitting the scoreboard that's no guarantee. He'll not only have to prove his form and fitness in the magoos, but also demonstrate it's better than one of those previously mentioned.
If the sides' playing well Voss will be reluctant to change it just to accommodate someone who's barely played all year without the form to back that selection up.

If Kennedy and George are fit they will both play.......just like they have all year.
It’s not Martin’s football ability that is in question it should be that this year if and when he can be cleared to play, he should be given a block of games to show that his reoccurring calf problems are actually going to stand up at all, so he can be hopefully selected with some type of confidence …

Yep - that works too. Though I don't think we can bank on Martin being available at all given how bad a year he's had so far.

Would be a bit rough for a brother to kick out brother.
I dropped my brother for the grand final many years ago when I was coaching. He got over it. Wasn't AFL though, clearly.

So glad to hear the Kennedy news. Wouldn't mind him resting this week even if he's cleared to play, Hewett was on the sub bench so just bring him into the 22. Clean swap.
Same here. Would be a bad time to get injured or suspended. Remember Boyd getting suspended and then not getting back into the side in 2023?

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe in the wrong thread, but it’s related so will post here. Not sure of the legitimacy, but the source is very close to the player. Doc… apparently has eyes on a finals return this year… unsure if he will make it, but giving it a red hot crack. Anyone else heard this?
Unless the club are about to bob up and announce out of nowhere that either he had only a partial tear, or that he opted for a non-surgical route and has responded exceptionally well, he's zero chance to return unless he plans to retire if he fails.

Jack is far greater outside chance as he's about 7 weeks ahead in his recovery, and even that's a stretch given he'd barely be past 8 months recovery on Grand Final day.

Yep we won. Probably would have been underdogs as well. He actually didn't care much about footy just came along for the ride because his mates were there. We made a few changes for the grand final so it wasn't just one in one out.
Underdogs, so that’s good a story
So what position did you finish and have to come from finals wise đź‘Ť
All good mate had a few to drink đź‘Ť

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back