• Completing his running program
  • Availability: TBC
Sam Durdin (calf)
- Availability: 2-3 weeks

Hudson O’Keeffe (hamstring)
  • Returned to full training
  • Availability: 1-2 weeks
Caleb Marchbank (concussion)
  • Continues to be monitored and a further update will be provided as he progresses
  • Availability: TBC

IMG_1073.jpeg
IMG_1074.jpeg

Last edited:
Our number 1 ruck is out for the H+A season. Our number 3 ruck is also out for a similar period.

Our second best midfielder with a history of back injuries was moving like Joe Biden after the game.

Our second best key forward took two concussion tests.

Another KPD is out for the rest of the year.

Our best winger was subbed out with a foot injury (cleared? yay!)

There’s players not listed on the injury update - like usual - who are under duress - Kennedy, Weitering … a five day break isn’t great.

As I say, I stand by the comment.
This

Someone obviously upgraded Weitering's humour module recently:

"They’re decent sized quads to go after and I don’t jump the highest either so they’re a good landing pad for some knees when I’m going back with the flight" :tearsofjoy:
Ferris, I think the global IT outage on Friday may have caused some interference with Weiters OS.

The last couple?
So one game where he sustained a broken foot and collapsed lung, but still managed 15 disp, 19 hitouts and 8 clearances in under 70% time on ground.
And the other where he played 2nd fiddle to Pitto, but still managed 19 disp and 13 hitouts and had the 3rd highest cont poss on the ground?
Tough critic.

Yeah, it's tough marking and an unpopular opinion. This is not to do with his stats nor the most recent game given the circumstances. I mentioned in a previous recent post, Briggs beat him when we played GWS - was more desperate, effective and influential over the course of a tight game against a fellow contender. Almost all his direct opponents have been just as damaging during his recent hot streak. His growth opportunity now is to curb the influence of his direct opponent while maintaining his own performance level.

Think I found the TDK lung injury.

Couple of minutes into the final quarter he tackles Sheezel and gets him in the back.

Lot of forward motion in the tackle and he lands on Sheezel hard. If the back of a foot or something else gets him in the wrong spot while landing hard on the ground.

After this TDK was very slow moving around and hunching over at every opportunity. Bravely played on, in hindsight, wish he had gone off (edit: he did go off after a while, but it was just a rotation and did not mention anything to doctors, he came back on and after first centre bounce and little collision with Xerri started talking to the trainer).

Last edited:

Couple of minutes into the final quarter he tackles Sheezel and gets him in the back.

Lot of forward motion in the tackle and he lands on Sheezel hard. If the back of a foot or something else gets him in the wrong spot while landing hard on the ground.

After this TDK was very slow moving around and hunching over at every opportunity. Bravely played on, in hindsight, wish he had gone off (edit: he did go off after a while, but it was just a rotation and did not mention anything to doctors, he came back on and after first centre bounce and little collision with Xerri started talking to the trainer).
TDK is tough as..

Yeah, it's tough marking and an unpopular opinion. This is not to do with his stats nor the most recent game given the circumstances. I mentioned in a previous recent post, Briggs beat him when we played GWS - was more desperate, effective and influential over the course of a tight game against a fellow contender. Almost all his direct opponents have been just as damaging during his recent hot streak. His growth opportunity now is to curb the influence of his direct opponent while maintaining his own performance level.
Think it’s worth noting, TDK was beating Briggs up until he injured his ankle.
The only game, barring the last game, in which he was obviously injured in, is the Geelong game, where SDK also had a great game.

If you read his lips when speaking to the doctor on the bench after coming off - he mouths “in the back or/ in his back” so it would make sense.

How so.

The reports were carnage (as in I know that there are a lot worse injuries to be announced).

The actuality is;

Our gun ruckman was announced as injured prior to this.

A defender who was replacing a replacement and has played 2 games in 3 years is injured..

Our 4th ruckman who is not near playing a senior game is injured.

Every other senior player from last week is a strong chance to play.

McGovern, Boyd. Fantasia and Marchbank who were all out injured last week should be available.

It's just a regular short week with a few niggles. Our guys are professionals and will deal with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe they give Acres the week off. He was really struggling to run during the game.
At the ground on Sunday, I noticed him heavily favouring a left knee when one of our boys was having a set shot in the 3rd quarter. Didn’t look good :/

Ferris, I think the global IT outage on Friday may have caused some interference with Weiters OS.

Poor GWS. Despite their on-field competitiveness, they seem to have a permanent crowd strike...

He hasn't kicked an OOBOTF for a while and his foot is most displeased over his lack of effort in that regard and said enough is enough.
hahahaha

In all seriousness, I reckon he’s got some bursitis (which could be treated with cortisone via ultrasound and he wouldn’t miss any footy) or he’s got a neuroma (common with people who run a lot) or a stress fracture (worst case)

I had heard he had a corky + this foot complaint, but it’s not a strong source - a friend of a friend type operation

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back