• Completing his running program
  • Availability: TBC
Sam Durdin (calf)
- Availability: 2-3 weeks

Hudson O’Keeffe (hamstring)
  • Returned to full training
  • Availability: 1-2 weeks
Caleb Marchbank (concussion)
  • Continues to be monitored and a further update will be provided as he progresses
  • Availability: TBC

IMG_1073.jpeg
IMG_1074.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't understand why everyone is upset about the Harry reprimand.

AFL said we broke the rules.

We said it wasn't our fault, our docs were busy.

AFL says OK. You broke the rules, but it was out of your control. No punishment this time.

Whats the big deal?

Plenty of reasons to be frustrated with the AFL. This isn't one of them.
But... we're hard done by & the AFL is out to get us!:)

A rumour was knocking about a week or 2 ago that Doc could potentially he a suprise late season selection

Well, he's on AFL 360 tonight, I fully expect they'll ask him about it so we may get some more idea as to the validity of the rumour.

Slobbo: “Sam, there was a report in the media lately that you might return this year. Can you shed some light on that?”

Sam: “Well, I have some exciting news to share with Carlton suppo”

Slobbo: Because the Blues faithful would really love your return. You’d be a great addition to the 23 man squad.”

Sam: “I was just getting to tha”

Slobbo: “Okay, okay. Do you have anything to add Gerard?”

Gerard Whateley: “I think Sam was just about to answer the questi”

Slobbo: “That’s all we have time for tonight. See you all next Tuesday night.”

Poor guys body is absolutely buggered. I wouldn’t be surprised if he retires if no one picks him up this offseason as I can’t imagine David playing for our club next year.

Slobbo: “Sam, there was a report in the media lately that you might return this year. Can you shed some light on that?”

Sam: “Well, I have some exciting news to share with Carlton suppo”

Slobbo: Because the Blues faithful would really love your return. You’d be a great addition to the 23 man squad.”

Sam: “I was just getting to tha”

Slobbo: “Okay, okay. Do you have anything to add Gerard?”

Gerard Whateley: “I think Sam was just about to answer the questi”

Slobbo: “That’s all we have time for tonight. See you all next Tuesday night.”
Haven't laughed so much since the days when we could do that with Paul Roos😂

Remember how he..like you could never get to the end of ..so you know, you'd just,
ANd leave you hanging with half, so you had to guess, but really it's...just make up the answers your...I mean...

A rumour was knocking about a week or 2 ago that Doc could potentially he a suprise late season selection

Well, he's on AFL 360 tonight, I fully expect they'll ask him about it so we may get some more idea as to the validity of the rumour.
Nothing that exciting but maybe a drip of hope?

Basically said there's not no truth to it, but he is still a fair way from it. Based on his response it certainly didn't excite me, but if all things go best case it's still just a maybe.

Poor guys body is absolutely buggered. I wouldn’t be surprised if he retires if no one picks him up this offseason as I can’t imagine David playing for our club next year.
Don’t totally discount a re-rookie situation if he has no love elsewhere. If the shoulder is stabilised, could be an excellent option. Bloke has had a series of injuries rather than any chronic dramas. Wouldn’t discount a low key retention as it is hard to see an oppo team taking him on, other than maybe SOS with a rookie pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best way for someone like Cuningham to get back on an AFL list if no one signs him is to sign with a VFL club and aim for the mid season draft. God knows our VFL side needs as many good VFL listed players as it can get.

I believe our VFL side has the same facilities as the the AFL side so it would be a perfect fit.

Don’t totally discount a re-rookie situation if he has no love elsewhere. If the shoulder is stabilised, could be an excellent option. Bloke has had a series of injuries rather than any chronic dramas. Wouldn’t discount a low key retention as it is hard to see an oppo team taking him on, other than maybe SOS with a rookie pick.
His history of hip and soft-tissue injuries are of far greater concern. Can't run the same way he used and seems to instead focus on short bursts. Not sure how it's been managed this way for so long, hopefully for his own sake it's not his own doing.

Richmond VFL side probably a chance, or a sneaky AFL spot if he impresses in pre-season.

Personally, I reckon it would not be unreasonable to assume nothing will happen from an MRO perspective. At the same time, I reckon AFL should be doing something about all this off the ball stuff. I know it's part of 'game play', but is it really necessary?
Irc it was claimed down on a few years ago but didn't last long , it's Bern thrown out the window..

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back