• Completing his running program
  • Availability: TBC
Sam Durdin (calf)
- Availability: 2-3 weeks

Hudson O’Keeffe (hamstring)
  • Returned to full training
  • Availability: 1-2 weeks
Caleb Marchbank (concussion)
  • Continues to be monitored and a further update will be provided as he progresses
  • Availability: TBC

IMG_1073.jpeg
IMG_1074.jpeg

Last edited:
Yup, I'd rather lose with kids than lose with the same players under injury clouds.

I remember late in 2007 after another crappy year, and players going in early for surgery, we went into the last game with Paul Bower (12th game), Ryan Jackson (8th game), Michael Jamison (5th game), Shaun Grigg (5th game), Shaun Hampson (2nd game), and Mark Austin (1st game).

Now they didn't all end up world beaters, but I was thrilled to see the future prospects of Jamison and Hampson at the time. It just sold hope.

If we can find just one of these guys who can stand up at the level, after being held back by our VFL form, it will all be worth it. Right now, we just look to have a lot of clutter on our list and I want to be able to confirm it with my own eyes.

Ditto Casboult and McIness in 2012

trainwreck GIF

There is NO way Saad is 1-2 weeks with a hamstring since it's his second this year.
Depends on what the scans showed and how he's feeling. If he'd had a good year with injury it might have just been hamstring awareness and he may not have even missed.
I'm excited to see some kids. My only fear is that we will only see 1 or 2 as they try to pigeon-hole Fantasia and Corey Durdin into spots they aren't accustomed to.

As it stands, there are 4 available players with AFL experience who could come in and Voss will probably do just that. Then it's Binns with a few minutes experience and one other. One could start sub as well, so that won't give us much of a look.
The forward line may need Fantasia and Durdin at this stage. Still of the opinion Owies is cooked, might as well make use of where we do have depth currently against the weaker opponent of the two we have to face.
I know people want Wilson in. I rate him highly BUT he isn't close to be ready. Same for Moir
He did plenty of great things on the weekend, steps through traffic that we don't even have in our team. How is Moir any worse than what Martin was showing? I'd argue he was better.

Perfect time to catch lightning in a bottle.

Really don't like the sound/ wording of Boyd's injury. Sounds like it's very bad and will miss a big chunk of pre season?

Anyone else read it that way?

Jordan Boyd (adductor)
  • Experienced a significant adductor injury during the game on Sunday
  • Will miss at least the remainder of the home and away season

With an eye-popping 17 on the official injury list released on the AFL app article, Carlton have by far the most players out with some teams like Adelaide having just 5 out. Brisbane have 11 out.

Adelaide XXXXX
Brisbane XXXXXXXXXXX
Carlton.. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hopefully next year we get a better balance for high performance. 17 out is going to kill any team. What’s even more damning is how many of our on field players are actually carrying lower grade injuries (suspect Walsh and Weiters to name two). I think the last 6 weeks may have been an accumulation of injuries, evident and hidden, and it’s just reached a critical mass now where we have imploded.

Last edited:
So, Boyd's injury is that bad he will not play again this year...

and he was put back out there... unforgiveable...
Because when they sent him back out there, we were down to 17 people on the field.

Because when they sent him back out there, we were down to 17 people on the field.
Yeah but they should of all tried harder ya know - no pride in teh jumper rah rah rah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really don't like the sound/ wording of Boyd's injury. Sounds like it's very bad and will miss a big chunk of pre season?

Anyone else read it that way?

Jordan Boyd (adductor)
  • Experienced a significant adductor injury during the game on Sunday
  • Will miss at least the remainder of the home and away season
the fact they havent said out for the season - just the H&A season - suggests its not horrific, but certainly a 3-4 week injury.

Yeah but they should of all tried harder ya know - no pride in teh jumper rah rah rah.

You just jumped in with no understanding of the context...

We're talking about them sending Boyd back out there despite being injured... nothing to do with the effort.

But if you want to go that path... you're kidding yourself if you think that effort was purely injury driven...

We wouldn't have lost by 70+ .. but we were always losing that game comfortably. That effort was a disgrace from the first bounce.

You just jumped in with no understanding of the context...

We're talking about them sending Boyd back out there despite being injured... nothing to do with the effort.

But if you want to go that path... you're kidding yourself if you think that effort was purely injury driven...

We wouldn't have lost by 70+ .. but we were always losing that game comfortably. That effort was a disgrace from the first bounce.

that is your opinion and you are entitled to it and every opinion is equal - those are the rules on this forum.

They are 1-2 weeks as 2 weeks is the end of the season, so they’ll be right after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1-2 weeks is the polite Andy McKay spin that gives hope to those who still have it about the prospects of playing finals, or at the very least, having something to play for against the Saints.

Frankly, even if they pull off a win on Sunday, I can't see the hamstring injuries of Martin and Saad recover in a week, let alone Harry and Charlie who both didn't look flash and particularly Charlie who has seemingly been carrying an ankle injury for quite some time.

I'd be banking on all four not playing next week as well, and reckon the 1-2 weeks was deliberate to maintain hope but cover their arse when they're all deemed not fit to play.

Lose this week and Charlie, Harry, Martin and Saad won’t play the dead rubber next weekend because in reality, 1-2 weeks is really 4-6 weeks for all of them.
As crazy as it sounds, next week still might not be a dead rubber, even if we lose to the Eagles.
If Freo lose to the Giants in Sydney this week, our game against the Saints will be live.

As crazy as it sounds, next week still might not be a dead rubber, even if we lose to the Eagles.
If Freo lose to the Giants in Sydney this week, our game against the Saints will be live.

Yep we could still make the 8 if we lose to the Eagles as Freo probably loses at Giants

And we could get in with a small victory over the Saints if the Dockers then lose at home to Port who will be playing for 2nd place

Of course if we can’t beat the Eagles in Perth the last thing we deserve is to play finals and would be anti-climactic but can happen

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lose this week and Charlie, Harry, Martin and Saad won’t play the dead rubber next weekend because in reality, 1-2 weeks is really 4-6 weeks for all of them.

I’m actually a bit worried we will be fielding several blokes on the weekend with pre existing injuries that may end with them further aggravating those injuries, think Gov, Williams, Motlop, Weitering and Walsh.

After the last month and a half I have lost any faith I had in our strength and conditioning team and I’m also pretty close to losing faith in the coaches to do the right thing and not pick injured players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back