Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

After so many years of this being an issue its just so deflating to see yet another season decimated by injury. I know Russell is gone but the entire fitness department needs to be fired for such an abysmal year.

Also all the perennial injury prone players specifically Martin, Marchbank, Cuningham and S Durdin must be delisted, and I’d even consider trading out the likes of Cerra, Williams and McGovern.
Agree on Martin cunners Marchy and durdin

Williams is a definite keep…he’s is too important now after what he’s shown in f50.

Cerra and McGovern we can manage if we don’t have Martin/Cunner and Martin.

Got word that Charlie is getting scans done tonight to be fitted with a custom ankle brace
Bette Davis Jewelry GIF

Social media saying the following was available via the club app different to the report, but I'm not seeing it.
(Differences re Boyd Marchbank TDK & HoK)

View attachment 2086607

Just checked the Club’s app and it’s exactly the same as my stickied post.

Quads are notoriously difficult, just ask Jordan Ridley.
There is no way, with the discomfort H showed, he’ll be right to go in 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Depends on the injury

Tearing a quad is very very bad.

A strain or a cork not as bad but obviously not great.

Needs a set of Peter Moore’s old anklets !!
Stig O’Hara might have an old set he can hand down to Charlie …

View attachment 2086590

I swoon!!!

Those anklets make you 0.00000001 flashier.

No brace is going to manage your ankle any better.

They’ve been around for forever.

If you tape it up, you can run in straight lines.

If you get a clicker, when your ligaments shift, you just hope it comes good.

It’s manageable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to hear via Mitch Cleary that Doch is still aiming to be back for the Elimination Final.

Don’t know if the club will give any updates until the last minute but the fact that multiple media people are talking about his imminent return does suggest he’s close now with probably only a few hurdles left.

But the biggest hurdle is St Kilda!

Good to hear via Mitch Cleary that Doch is still aiming to be back for the Elimination Final.

Don’t know if the club will give any updates until the last minute but the fact that multiple media people are talking about his imminent return does suggest he’s close now with probably only a few hurdles left.

But the biggest hurdle is St Kilda!

I can’t believe people are still buying into this nonsense. There is more chance of me playing in the elimination final than doch.

I swoon!!!

Those anklets make you 0.00000001 flashier.

No brace is going to manage your ankle any better.

They’ve been around for forever.

If you tape it up, you can run in straight lines.

If you get a clicker, when your ligaments shift, you just hope it comes good.

It’s manageable.

A lot of us rocked the Keith Greig ankle guards back in the sensational 70's.

Last edited:
Heard a snippet from a podcast which I am desperately trying to find the full interview with Andrew Russell where he stated that he pushes the players on a heavy training block and if he doesn't lose a few players to injury towards the end of it, he hasn't pushed them hard enough... he then added, you just hope it's not your top line players.

I was surprised to hear this and maybe it was taken out of context, but would love to hear the full version if anyone comes across it.

Heard a snippet from a podcast which I am desperately trying to find the full interview with Andrew Russell where he stated that he pushes the players on a heavy training block and if he doesn't lose a few players to injury towards the end of it, he hasn't pushed them hard enough... he then added, you just hope it's not your top line players.

I was surprised to hear this and maybe it was taken out of context, but would love to hear the full version if anyone comes across it.
No idea where the full version can be found.

However, additional context is that this interview was conducted while he was employed at the Hawks.

Because it will be 5 months and 25 days between doing his ACL and the elimination final and there are barely any modern examples of a professional athlete returning in that timeframe. Even with less conservative approaches, its being wound in to 8-9 months, not less than 6. And I don't want to hear about Tony Liberatore in 1988.

Not to mention the fact that, even in the outside chance that he is kind of, almost, ready to enter a game, they aren't going to pick a bloke who hasn't played since March in a final.

Because it will be 5 months and 25 days between doing his ACL and the elimination final and there are barely any modern examples of a professional athlete returning in that timeframe. Even with less conservative approaches, its being wound in to 8-9 months, not less than 6. And I don't want to hear about Tony Liberatore in 1988.

Not to mention the fact that, even in the outside chance that he is kind of, almost, ready to enter a game, they aren't going to pick a bloke who hasn't played since March in a final.

That’s your opinion but the fact remains that Docherty is still targeting a return for the first final. Whether he gets selected or whether we even make it remains to be seen. But you seem to be completely dismissing the fact that he’s worked hard to get where he is and he’s very close to actually playing.

Also keep in mind not all ACLs are the same and we do not know his exact diagnosis or what treatment they used. What we do know is he played the whole game despite having done the ACL and it took another two days for the surprising diagnosis to come through.

Plus having him so close to playing probably gives an extra boost to this teammates knowing he’s working hard to join them.

I can’t believe people are still buying into this nonsense. There is more chance of me playing in the elimination final than doch.

Is this a Bluemour? Are you playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back