Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

He does but unfortunately we cant rely on him consistently as he always manages to get himself injured :(
Are you referring to Kreuz IYC? If so, then it’s actually a more mixed picture than that tbh. If not, my apologies, but I’ll share some stats on Kreuz anyway, just in case anyone is interested.

Somewhat surprisingly, to me at least, Kreuz has actually averaged over 20 games per season in his best 6 years (2008, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2016, and 2017), but just over 10 games per season in his worst 5 years (2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, and 2018). As you can see, the pattern doesn’t fall neatly into “robust when young, injury-prone with age”, because as recently as 2016-2017, he managed to play 42 out of a possible 44 games. Presuming that he misses North on the weekend, then Kreuz will be tracking for roughly 6 games in season 2019, although obviously we live in expectation (mixed with hope ...) that with Russell’s expertise and input that trajectory can be turned around. For our sakes, I hope it is, because unfortunately a season based on the current alternatives does not bode well.

Last edited:
Was the best player on the ground early in Hawks match.

A huge loss.

Makes us a MUCH better team when fully fit.
Probably 4-5 goals better. He’s a huge loss, pun always intended

Yeah, club has put season on it on website.

But no real story to go alongside it.
Shiiiii-iiit!!! At least if he's still on our list next year, he can have a full preseason to get his body right.

I guess that means that we now have 2 picks in the mid season draft
Bumped into him a few weeks ago and he did say that he was looking forward to a big pre season.

Bumped into him a few weeks ago and he did say that he was looking forward to a big pre season.
Sounds promising except that unfortunately it doesn't guarantee he'll still be on the list at the end of the year when the culling begins. May also depend who we pick up through the trade/draft periods.

I'm confident they'll keep him on though, even rookie listed, so Russell can get him through a full preseason and get him out there. A fit Pickett is a dangerous weapon up forward.

https://outline.com/etMqmC

Carlton's injury woes are mounting, with Mitch McGovern suffering a hamstring injury.

The Blues’ agonising loss to Hawthorn in Launceston had already come with a huge toll given Kade Simpson (hamstring), Nic Newman (knee) and Matthew Kreuzer (adductor) are all set to be sidelined.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://outline.com/etMqmC

Carlton's injury woes are mounting, with Mitch McGovern suffering a hamstring injury.
The Blues’ agonising loss to Hawthorn in Launceston had already come with a huge toll given Kade Simpson (hamstring), Nic Newman (knee) and Matthew Kreuzer (adductor) are all set to be sidelined.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat the ****.

Why did Russell not mention this? Hoping someone has made a mistake in writing it...

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same as last year, players re-injuring themselves.
With all due respect. I really don't think it is anything like last year. Our circumstances were completely different. Many major injuries, struggling to get a team on the park and we have a completely different performance management philosophy and practise. We have a better list and depth.
So how is it the same as last year ?

I think it might be exacerbated at present as there is a gulf in class with our other ruck options and the importance of Kreuze to our team has never been greater.

The need for Kreuze to be reliable and injury-free has never been more important

Yep. If only TDK was available to chop him out instead of Levi. And learn a bit as well.

With all due respect. I really don't think it is anything like last year. Our circumstances were completely different. Many major injuries, struggling to get a team on the park and we have a completely different performance management philosophy and practise. We have a better list and depth.
So how is it the same as last year ?
Players with the same injuries, missing games with the same injury.
McGovern had hamstring soreness a few weeks back, came off the field yet did not miss any weeks. Now he is out for 1-2 with a hamstring injury.
Charlie hurt his knee in the pre season and has missed games on and off this year with knee soreness.
Not as bad as last year but still happening.

Players with the same injuries, missing games with the same injury.
McGovern had hamstring soreness a few weeks back, came off the field yet did not miss any weeks. Now he is out for 1-2 with a hamstring injury.
Charlie hurt his knee in the pre season and has missed games on and off this year with knee soreness.
Not as bad as last year but still happening.
See what your saying as I have similar feelings, clearly we have better practices this year with the addition of Russell but I also think we have a coach that wants his best team in asap .
Bolton is a coach under pressure and Imo there is still pressure to get players back from injury a little early Kruezer 1 reserves game and injured and Charlie possibly not being given enough time out who knows .
Simpson was supposedly in doubt for Hawthorn now he's out with a hammy .
Have no doubt Mcgovern should have been rested before now even called it prior to the bulldogs game now he is out with another soft tissue injury .
Selection will be fascinating this week I will be very surprised if both Stocker and Williamson both play as their minutes played I assume will be in the 60-70% region we already have Obrien roughly at that gametime and Charlie if playing one would expect his gametime may be pulled back a little also .

My biggest fear right now with what's just happened regard these injuries and the loss of experienced seasoned players is the load now increases onto some players that may or may not be quite ready for the extra intensity and certainly onto the remaining senior brigade in the side .
I would not at all be surprised if our injury issues get worse again before it gets better over the next few weeks .

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back