Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weitering also had a knock to his knee and was proppy afterwards. Conceded a couple of marks to Van Rooyen in the 5 mins or so after, and adjusted aftet that to play out the game but looked a touch slow, and i wouldn't be surprised if that tightened up post match and put him in doubt too.

Definitely hope that both he and Docherty are right - we will definitely start pushing 'next man up' to its limits if not...

Weitering also had a knock to his knee and was proppy afterwards. Conceded a couple of marks to Van Rooyen in the 5 mins or so after, and adjusted aftet that to play out the game but looked a touch slow, and i wouldn't be surprised if that tightened up post match and put him in doubt too.

Definitely hope that both he and Docherty are right - we will definitely start pushing 'next man up' to its limits if not...
Looked more like he got a knee in the quad on the inside just above the knee. Happened in the marking contest when he went down

Jon Ralph just now on Foxtel said Doch corked thigh expected to play next week. Walshy due to come back but medicos may take cautious approach and leave him another week. Although given there’s a week off between season and finals reckon he plays
Like to see him get back in it. Adjust again over next two games.

As ridiculous as it might sound maybe Sam Walsh could be the sub if everyone comes up. Might be way to manage his minutes.

As ridiculous as it might sound maybe Sam Walsh could be the sub if everyone comes up. Might be way to manage his minutes.
Not ridiculous at all. We need to manage 26 or so players leading into and during the finals.

We could even consider managing/resting Jack Martin at some stage as a sub or for the last game to have him cherry ripe for the finals..

Not ridiculous at all. We need to manage 26 or so players leading into and during the finals.

We could even consider managing/resting Jack Martin at some stage as a sub or for the last game to have him cherry ripe for the finals..
They’ll all get a break anyway. In the short term more worried about a couple of knocks from last night.

Jon Ralph just now on Foxtel said Doch corked thigh expected to play next week. Walshy due to come back but medicos may take cautious approach and leave him another week. Although given there’s a week off between season and finals reckon he plays
Given Doc had ice on his calf, I wouldn’t be going to Ralphy for medical advice.

Given Doc had ice on his calf, I wouldn’t be going to Ralphy for medical advice.
That was after Dr. Cameron Ling reported it on the telecast last night (apparently the Carlton bench offered him the info he said) then Vossy confirmed in the presser that it tightened up thru the night. Unless I hear it from Dr David Zita though I won’t believe it 😂😂😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure that would be better for his calf issues? Would've thought continuity would be preferred, rather than playing sporadically.

Brad Lloyd on SEN today:
  • Doc got a kick in the calf. Minor.
  • McKay and sos are going really well and will be a chance this week. Sounded more likely than not to me.
  • the others (he wasn’t specifically asked about Walsh and Cerra but he was McKay and sos) are all back in over the next week or so.

My bet would be McKay sos and Walsh are all available. Doc gets a week rest. Cerra back next week.

Brad Lloyd on SEN today:
  • McKay and sos are going really well and will be a chance this week. Sounded more likely than not to me.
  • the others (he wasn’t specifically asked about Walsh and Cerra but he was McKay and sos) are all back in over the next week or so.

My bet would be McKay sos and Walsh are all available. Doc gets a week rest. Cerra back next week.
That's great news on Harry, thought he'd still be another couple away at least.

Brad Lloyd on SEN today:

Good interview.

Sounds like Harry is very close but gut feel is SOS & WALSH play this week.

Wouldn't be surprised if Doc has a week off and/or possibly Cripps who looked like he copped a brutal hit to the ribs in the last qtr.

Good interview.

Wouldn't be surprised if Doc has a week off and/or possibly Cripps who looked like he copped a brutal hit to the ribs in the last qtr.
To be clear there was no tone difference about McKay or sos. He was equally positive about both. You’re adding your own overlay.

Good interview.

Harry needs to play [if fit ] as he typically needs the games to get his touch/ timing in his run-up to finals.....

Good interview.

Don’t know what his intel is normally like but Jon Anderson on 3AW this morning intimated that Harry would play this week.

Good interview.

I think you'd have trouble getting Crippa to rest.

To be clear there was no tone difference about McKay or sos. He was equally positive about both. You’re adding your own overlay.

Harry needs to play [if fit ] as he typically needs the games to get his touch/ timing in his run-up to finals.....

good point re; touch. The earlier the better but just don't see him back as early as this week after being diagnosed with a 6-8 week injury (requiring arthroscope) LESS than 4 weeks ago...
Just an opinion...hope I'm wrong.

We’ll most likely see the returnees staggered into the team over the next 2 weeks e.g. Harry / Walsh / JSOS vs GC and Cerra / McGovern vs GWS.

Important to win this weekend and lock away finals to give us more flexibility (if needed) on how to approach the GWS game personnel-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back