Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fitting them all in without upsetting what we’ve got going will be a challenge.

Mclovin for Marchy
Walsh for Doc
Cerra for Dow
Doc to HBF
McKay for Cotters
Kennedy for Sub
SOS for Pitto.
TDK to Ruck
The challenge of Doc to HBF will be especially hard once you've replaced him with Walsh 😉🤣🤣

Jesus ******* Christ.

WTF is wrong with you?
Black Cat Ladder GIF by Barbara Pozzi

Anyone else feel like we’re living in an alternative universe……things are aligning for us,things like this don’t happen to us……or do they????

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Anyone, anytime, anywhere...
Everything Everywhere All at Once...
200_d.gif

Anyone else feel like we’re living in an alternative universe……things are aligning for us,things like this don’t happen to us……or do they????

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
For us older ones in here this is a feeling we know but haven’t seen for a long time. For the younger ones here that haven’t been through successful times I bet it feels strange. The key thing here is just enjoy every week. Just relax and enjoy whether we win or lose because as a club we’re not what or where we were anymore. And it’s a good thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walsh did his hammy on the 22nd July. Was initially graded as a two to three week injury. It's now 4 weeks and is a test to be available next week.

Walsh did his hammy on the 22nd July. Was initially graded as a two to three week injury. It's now 4 weeks and is a test to be available next week.
suspect if it was a final he could have played last week but given his back issues at the start of the year (similar to cerra) we are taking a long term view... professionalism feels weird from the club that has brought back players ASAP for the past 10 years

I suspect they're just being overly cautious with it. Had we needed to win last week, I have a sneaky suspicion he would've lined up.

Form has allowed a resting period for the hamstring trio.

I suspect they're just being overly cautious with it. Had we needed to win last week, I have a sneaky suspicion he would've lined up.

While not the same injury, there's a juxtaposition of our management of Walsh in 2022 and 2023.
2022: Suffers back injury which clearly hampers his ability to train and play at full capacity. He continues to play late in the season with finals on the line nonetheless and ends up requiring serious surgery and missing further training/games.
2023: Suffers minor hamstring and is immediately subbed out. Spends four weeks on the sidelines despite finals being on the line. Will be primed for round 24.

Some could argue that we are in much better form this year which gives the high performance dept greater flexibility to manage his injury. However, I would suggest this is a very pertinent example of how last year's review of said high performance dept has resulted in a more conservative approach to injury management ... and that the same approach is being applied to other players through this period.

While not the same injury, there's a juxtaposition of our management of Walsh in 2022 and 2023.
2022: Suffers back injury which clearly hampers his ability to train and play at full capacity. He continues to play late in the season with finals on the line nonetheless and ends up requiring serious surgery and missing further training/games.
2023: Suffers minor hamstring and is immediately subbed out. Spends four weeks on the sidelines despite finals being on the line. Will be primed for round 24.

Some could argue that we are in much better form this year which gives the high performance dept greater flexibility to manage his injury. However, I would suggest this is a very pertinent example of how last year's review of said high performance dept has resulted in a more conservative approach to injury management ... and that the same approach is being applied to other players through this period.
Yeah it's a bit of both. It looks like Cerra may have been rushed back slightly.

Famous in all the concert halls, as the most hamonious group going around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back