Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Voss said:
he's hopeful he's available next week despite "not progressing as much as what we need too"

given how much Voss sticks up for individual players i read that as fairly damning of martin.

would also say if he wasn't fit for the VFL on Sunday, then isn't available to NEXT week then what is it, clearly isn't game ready for THIS week(end)

Minimum 3 week break between games suggests some sort of setback, unless I'm reading that wrong. Injury list looks favourable against many other clubs though which is a great outcome.
we are timing things beautifully with injuries.

Talented players coming back getting up match fitness and also familiarity with the system - watch us storm into finals and number 17 at the end of this year.

The lack of transparency from the club regarding injury updates is pathetic.

They have obviously decided that with the murmurings of Russell's inability to bring players back from injury they will batten down the hatches.

I think it is very poor, just give us the known details when they arise and if there is some degree of uncertainty at least be honest enough to say "xyz has happened and we will disclose more details when we know".

The current method reeks of a club running scared of it's members reaction to bad news, what are we a bunch of mushrooms????????

They have obviously decided that with the murmurings of Russell's inability to bring players back from injury they will batten down the hatches.

I think it is very poor, just give us the known details when they arise and if there is some degree of uncertainty at least be honest enough to say "xyz has happened and we will disclose more details when we know".

The current method reeks of a club running scared of it's members reaction to bad news, what are we a bunch of mushrooms????????
The expectation of transparency is laughable.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course there is going to be an element of managing the messaging right now.
We've lost 5 of our last 6. The natives are restless.

They will sneak out an injury report with the teams tonight that says Martin is another 2-3 weeks away.

RE: Russell he has seemingly done a good job this year. I can't remember our list being this healthy.
I think we are at the point where it is a list management issue having Martin, Cuningham, Marchbank, Philp & McGovern all on the same list rather than a fitness one.

They will sneak out an injury report with the teams tonight that says Martin is another 2-3 weeks away.

RE: Russell he has seemingly done a good job this year. I can't remember our list being this healthy.
I think we are at the point where it is a list management issue having Martin, Cuningham, Marchbank, Philp & McGovern all on the same list rather than a fitness one.
Agree. We're also consistently running more than our opponents (bit of headless chook game plan syndrome perhaps) but it still signals the guys are well fit enough.

So if I'm reading that right, Jack Martin hasn't had a set back, he just hasn't really recovered at the rate we'd hoped/expected.

There's been mumblings of a lack of professionalism in the past. That would show up in your late 20s as soft tissue injuries and those injuries lingering longer...

Put him on the LTI and take someone in the mid-season draft. Probably get more value out of them than Jack at this point. Someone hungry and desperate for a chance vs someone who's floated by on talent and potential and been paid handsomely for it that's breaking down.

I don't think it's all about Russell. I blamed Russell for an over-the-top preseason which left the list in tatters as that is clearly his remit.

But our overall approach to managing injury prone players in particular has to change.

We couldn't get McDonald on the park (as an example) but a VFL team with no dedicated medical/fitness department could. That could be just luck but worth looking into. Did he have a more control over his own workloads, etc.?

I don't think it's all about Russell. I blamed Russell for an over-the-top preseason which left the list in tatters as that is clearly his remit.

But our overall approach to managing injury prone players in particular has to change.

We couldn't get McDonald on the park (as an example) but a VFL team with no dedicated medical/fitness department could. That could be just luck but worth looking into. Did he have a more control over his own workloads, etc.?
When he left us he decided to have surgery and got his back fused (that is a very big decision). No one knows how that is going to go or what would happen at AFL level.

I think the lack of transparency is much longer than the last 5 weeks.
As for Russell's record this year, it's been a mixed bag.
Cuners is yet to come back, marchbank is yet to get back, Martin is is still struggling and these guys were very nursed in pre season.
I don't blame Russell for being ultra conservative at all but rather the poor messaging and the late surprises we have become accustomed to.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

When he left us he decided to have surgery and got his back fused (that is a very big decision). No one knows how that is going to go or what would happen at AFL level.

They were able to get him the medical treatment (surgery) needed to get back out on the park. Of course it is one half of one season of one player but there you go.

What!

Did you miss the last injury update from last week stickied at the top of each page.

It is updated week after week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back