Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My OCD can't cope with the club updates not in likely returning order.
I also understand they are now being more vague with certain players so as to not set expectations on return dates.

With the VFL team having a bye in round 8, I'm assuming the returns look like:

Saad - Test (likely 1 Week)
Owies - 1 Week
Cottrell - 1 Week
Docherty - 2-4 Weeks
Cuningham - 3 Weeks (after VFL bye)
Marchbank - 3 Weeks (after VFL bye)
Martin - 3 Weeks (after VFL bye)
S. Durdin - 3 Weeks (after VFL bye)
Philp - Season
Williams - Season

I also understand they are now being more vague with certain players so as to not set expectations on return dates.

Owies - 1 Week
Cottrell - 1 Week
Docherty - 2-4 Weeks
Philp - Season
Williams - Season
Looks about right except of course for the Thursday night surprise we’ll no doubt find out about in an hour of twos time

Owies - 1 Week
Cottrell - 1 Week
Docherty - 2-4 Weeks
Philp - Season
Williams - Season
Hope Doc is closer to 2 than 4.

Need Doc, Saad, Motts & Owies back ASAP

Owies - 1 Week
Cottrell - 1 Week
Docherty - 2-4 Weeks
Philp - Season
Williams - Season
Now I’m wondering if I have ocd too….

that is a much better way to list the injury updates

cott saad and owies very close

Considered that when writing…

Stopped short of declarations, plus not that superstitious.
Friday 13Th Superstition GIF by AIDES

Just mentioned on ABC radio that TDK was concussed in VFL & won’t be available next week

Not concussed. Just hungover from his drinks with Geelong players.

Pretty sure...

At this stage, with Owies scheduled to be back against the Lions, S Durdin a hammy, then the other 5 are all the constant injury prone

If we could get Martin and Cuners back on the park, we could go to a better level
Martin has always been injury prone to a degree, but in the past 2 seasons it’s got to alarming levels and I just pray that the MC actually do the right thing by him and us and give him a month in the VFL before considering him as he clearly needs conditioning. Cunners, just can’t see it, hope to hell I’m wrong, but history doesn’t often lie. Agree with you though, both of these guys are X factor and game changers and have traits we just don’t have in the team at the moment. Wrapped to him Cotts and Boyd back, hopefully they can push for selection the next couple of weeks.

Martin has always been injury prone to a degree, but in the past 2 seasons it’s got to alarming levels and I just pray that the MC actually do the right thing by him and us and give him a month in the VFL before considering him as he clearly needs conditioning. Cunners, just can’t see it, hope to hell I’m wrong, but history doesn’t often lie. Agree with you though, both of these guys are X factor and game changers and have traits we just don’t have in the team at the moment. Wrapped to him Cotts and Boyd back, hopefully they can push for selection the next couple of weeks.

I hold little hope for Cuners, Martin, Marchbank, all of whom have had injury issues since their junior days

But, if we could get 1 or both of Cuners and Martin on the park, we are so much better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually. I haven't seen it with Martin for a long time. But Cunners. Always loved his work. Hope he gets back. Hope Martin can get back to his best.

Aaron Hamill at a pre-match function yesterday:-

'Marchbank and Martin expected 1-2weeks away'.

Didn't say if they return via AFL or VFL.

Aaron Hamill at a pre-match function yesterday:-

'Marchbank and Martin expected 1-2weeks away'.

Didn't say if they return via AFL or VFL.

Surely can’t be AFL…and a block of VFL games at that too.
Kemp has now got his nose in front of Marchy.

1 round to go for the VFL then a bye (though we may be playing an U/18’s team or the like was mentioned somewhere).

Not alot of traffic in this thread, do we have an update?
CFC website not updated yet (usually on a Wednesday).

AFL site has this (but I give it less credence):
1683015967410.png

Interesting to see Marchy, Cuners and Martin all a "Test" for this week, as is Owies, which was expected.

Only other question I had from the WCE game was Cripps looking very sore right in the last minute or so of the match - but camera never panned back to him. Haven't heard anything since, so assume he is ok.

View attachment 1676393

Interesting to see Marchy, Cuners and Martin all a "Test" for this week, as is Owies, which was expected.

Only other question I had from the WCE game was Cripps looking very sore right in the last minute or so of the match - but camera never panned back to him. Haven't heard anything since, so assume he is ok.

Being that afl.com.au publishes their injury report on a Tuesday arvo, the club should put out theirs before then, just for clarity & 1st hand info.

Interesting if DC, Martin & Marchy play VFL this week plus Mots &/or Owies (prefer seniors).

Given the 2s play Saturday (after the main game Friday night), if all the "test" players get up, and our main game sub isn't used, we could field as many as 19 listed players in the VFL side this week! Can't remember the last time we were anywhere near that.

View attachment 1676393

2 weeks should be standard fora diagnosed concussion in my opinion minimum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back