Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to sound negative, but I'm not sure that means much tbh. Plenty of times players after doing an ACL people feel ok after the initial pain. He was in quite a bit of pain early but seemed ok later, which is pretty standard. Not suggesting that's what he has done, just that him saying he doesn't think it's serious doesn't really change anything.

They do conduct a number of lateral movement tests in the rooms immediately after and generally a competent medico team can ascertain if an ACL has been ruptured.

Fingers crossed for Bam.

They do conduct a number of lateral movement tests in the rooms and generally a competent medico team can pretty quickly ascertain if it is an ACL.

Fingers crossed for Bam.
Yes, I hope that's what he based it off and not how he felt.

Though knowing Bam he probably would've said it was alright no matter the injury, seems that kinda guy.

There was no twisting action at all, I’d be shocked if it was an ACL.
I reckon it’s either Patella or PCL, his knee took the full weight of himself and the Freo player directly onto the turf.
Not dissimilar to traditional PCL of knees knocking against each other

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A mere flesh wound, will play this week against Port

I recall last time this happen to Gov they gave him the week off. Guessing the long plane trip back didn't help either

There was no twisting action at all, I’d be shocked if it was an ACL.
I reckon it’s either Patella or PCL, his knee took the full weight of himself and the Freo player directly onto the turf.
Not dissimilar to traditional PCL of knees knocking against each other

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Similar to how Rowell did his knee.

Though there was some twisting going on, but it was lower in the leg. His ankle/lower leg did get contorted.

I've done an ACL and the pain is excruciating for the first few hours espexially any touching the ground then goes away after hours / a day. Remember Judd grimacing. The way Kennedy came off the ground and he was touching the ground he didn't do an ACL and they tend to report those very quickly. The way he reacted I thought it was more ankle related but everyone is talking knee so I'd be shocked if it was ACL.

I've done an ACL and the pain is excruciating for the first few hours espexially any touching the ground then goes away after hours / a day. Remember Judd grimacing. The way Kennedy came off the ground and he was touching the ground he didn't do an ACL and they tend to report those very quickly. The way he reacted I thought it was more ankle related but everyone is talking knee so I'd be shocked if it was ACL.
He was wearing a knee brace when he returned to the bench later??... so I'd assume there is some knee element involved.

It can be entirely different - may be a partial tear etc.

I've seen players do an ACL and still walk off the ground assisted. Others (like Juddy), aren't able to.

These days, the tests they do on the ground are incredibly accurate as to whether it's a full tear or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poster on TC saying it’s a 6-8 week injury which would mean season over …
I absolutely love big Chugga....had the fortune of chatting with him briefly a few years back at my local golf club...he's an absolute gem.

But for mine, if it ends up being 6-8 weeks, you'd take that any day as opposed to the worse possible scenario where we may not see him for another 12 months. Let him see out the season from the grandstands, and come back cherry ripe for a monster pre season.

Apparently there's some bloke running around in the magoo's who's been pushing hard for a recall anyway...

Just about fully recovered from mine - no severe pain no crutches no surgery. Full rupture 👍. Different for everyone.

I absolutely love big Chugga....had the fortune of chatting with him briefly a few years back at my local golf club...he's an absolute gem.

But for mine, if it ends up being 6-8 weeks, you'd take that any day as opposed to the worse possible scenario where we may not see him for another 12 months. Let him see out the season from the grandstands, and come back cherry ripe for a monster pre season.

Apparently there's some bloke running around in the magoo's who's been pushing hard for a recall anyway...
Hewett has been the sub lately if that's what you mean

Based on standard timelines MCL is 6-8 weeks, PCL 10-12 and ACL 12 months. If it's 6-8 weeks its most likely an MCL. Max Gawn did one in round 2.

Whether he comes back this year would depend on how we are going (both ladder and injury wise) as well as his own recovery. I'm not sure he is enough of an upgrade on Hewett and Dow for us to play him if he is anything other then 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back