Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread - The sequel - I know what SOS did last Sumner

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There you go people of bigfooty.

Whenever you read a Surrey post always remember he advocates for Carlton to follow recruiting and list building policies refined in the 1970s and 1980s.

Something to keep in mind when trying to unravel the logic behind the words.

Seems like you're getting very defensive tonight. If that has all you have to offer however, I think I should ignore you from now on. I mean you don't add any football discussion anyhow.

Good thing we wouldn't be doing that then would we? McGovern, SOSOS, Curnow and Harry McKay with Casboult protecting their young bodies would look like the makings of a potentially extremely good forward line. Now if we can find a legitimate goal scoring small forward somewhere it'd be even better.
I'm just saying, we shouldn't be trying to include McGovern in the deal for anything more than a 2nd round equivalent

I watch every crows game

6a0133ec85acd4970b0134864e920c970c-800wi

I am a fan of Casboult. McGovern's ceiling is seriously high, will only get better with more games & development.
McGovern played a game this year where he had 2 touches and one of them went out on the full.

At 22 years old, that suggests to me that if he was given a role in a side where he wasn't attracting the 5th best defender like he is at the crows, he would seriously struggle.

I'm saying casboult is a better player but no one here rates casboult and everyone seems to be foaming over McGovern
No he isn't. He's a better pack mark and has a bigger mature body to protect space and others around him. McGovern has really good hands too, is agile and quick and is a decent kick. Add to that he works hard in the F50 to apply pressure.

Well, it's been an exhausting day based on a lot of the unknown and where we are going to go from here, genuinely hope we are able to at the very minimum have someone able to shed some credible light on what is happening or at least one deal done so we all have a clearer idea of what's going on.

I think the more that gets done the quicker the general angst will die down and we know what our future is as a club.

It's going to be scary as **** to read the boards if we are still in the dark come Wednesday.

McGovern played a game this year where he had 2 touches and one of them went out on the full.

At 22 years old, that suggests to me that if he was given a role in a side where he wasn't attracting the 5th best defender like he is at the crows, he would seriously struggle.
Do you think team's actually play man on man defences these days? Here's a tip for free: McGovern would not have been manned up by the opposition's "5th best defender" in many contests this year.

He would be a valuable piece of a mobile marking forward line featuring C Curnow & Silvagni, with Harry as the big target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like you're getting very defensive tonight. If that has all you have to offer however, I think I should ignore you from now on. I mean you don't add any football discussion anyhow.
As opposed to you melting about the club being down the toilet? No different.

Sorry to break it to you, but Michaelangelo Rucci makes up quotes, facts, and sometimes entire articles; outside of the attributed public statements made to everyone by McKay and Reid, nothing in that article ever happened, because he has no sources at all - these same Carlton "sources" wrote a completely contradictory story for him 4 hours prior, just as an example.

As much as people like to shit on Hutchy, Damo, Ralph, et al, they're lightyears ahead of Rucci, because they actually still have sources, even if half the time the info they're given is just smoke blowing.

Last edited:
Do you think team's actually play man on man defences these days? Here's a tip for free: McGovern would not have been manned up by the opposition's "5th best defender" in many contests this year.

He would be a valuable piece of a mobile marking forward line featuring C Curnow & Silvagni, with Harry as the big target.
Im not arguing that he wouldn't be handy, I'm arguing that he's worth a second rounder at best.

He's a forward that 'bobs up' and provides a bit of x-factor rather than the type of forward you can build around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back