Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread - The sequel - I know what SOS did last Sumner

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Elliott bled navy and the club as successful on his watch.
Taking the AFL to court was even quoted by "Collo after he got his pockets full" but made him feel better I bet. At least he admitted he was wrong, unlike you and some others......Worked for Essendon btw.
As for AVCO....we'll they did give us good money, so not sure your point!!

There you go people of bigfooty.

Whenever you read a Surrey post always remember he advocates for Carlton to follow recruiting and list building policies refined in the 1970s and 1980s.

Something to keep in mind when trying to unravel the logic behind the words.

Sorry,

SOS Jnr is handy up forward , McGovern is going to be a jet anywhere he plays .
Mcgovern is 22 y.o. Playing in a forward line where he is attracting the 5th best defender. His stats per game this year were comparable to a 19 y.o. raw Jack silvagni. If McGovern played in our forward line we would probably rate him alongside casboult and jones.

Mcgovern is 22 y.o. Playing in a forward line where he is attracting the 5th best defender. His stats per game this year were comparable to a 19 y.o. raw Jack silvagni. If McGovern played in our forward line we would probably rate him alongside casboult and jones.
Admit that you have never watched McGovern play and we can all move on.

I'm saying that SOS wouldn't have low-balled Tuohy's contract if things weren't already in place. We would have signed up Tuohy for sure if we didn't think the return on him was more valuable.
I admire your faith and hope you are right but I read the contract was pretty reasonable - how could SOS possibly anticipate Tuohy's worth given North were the original suitors and Geelong have zero picks to offer us?

It's easy to be critical.

What do you think the club should do to get a "top 4" list of players?

Build an environment where players don't leave.
A winning Culture builds that. Developing the players to win and succeed makes others want it come and not leave. We have built a culture of draft picking......it should never be about draft picks. We had the most no.1 picks of any list last year and I'm sure many more top 20 picks then say Hawthorn. Where did we finish again?

Culture, pride, development and belief builds success!

I admire your faith and hope you are right but I read the contract was pretty reasonable - how could SOS possibly anticipate Tuohy's worth given North were the original suitors and Geelong have zero picks to offer us?
It was an insulting offer (300k) given Tuohy's recent form. For that reason alone I strongly suspect SOS has been very much hard at work behind the scenes re: Tuohy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you replaced casboult as our chf with McGovern, we would be a worse side

Good thing we wouldn't be doing that then would we? McGovern, SOSOS, Curnow and Harry McKay with Casboult protecting their young bodies would look like the makings of a potentially extremely good forward line. Now if we can find a legitimate goal scoring small forward somewhere it'd be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back