Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sounds like we havent offered him anything yet?

We don't need to offer him anything. He met his 30 game trigger. His contract rolls onto 2020.

GC are reportedly interested and throwing money around, but they'll need to give us something for him.

We don't need to offer him anything. He met his 30 game trigger. His contract rolls onto 2020.

GC are reportedly interested and throwing money around, but they'll need to give us something for him.
Cant see why he would want to go but stranger things have happened. Id be happy to just get Papley and maybe someone else, but in saying that id want players who want to play for us, if u have to convince them to come and roll out the red carpet then its just not worth it.

I said this a little while back but it depends how his contract is structured...

Could either be a pure 'trigger' clause, in which case the contract rolls over, or an 'option' clause whereby the games only triggers an offer of a further year from the club, and Levi has the choice whether to accept or go elsewhere as a UFA...

No personal knowledge of Levi's contract in particular though in most cases player manager's want the 'option' clause put in as it gives more power to the player...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"My source is very close to home in terms of coniglio himself and the mail is the same. "

"If my source turns out wrong, I don’t blame my source at all it becomes clear that something has changed "

ROFL Hawks "ITK" reveals his hand. Classic. Nash has got nada.

*dismissive wanking gesture*

Now there's a reason I'm currently not a list manager, but I'd do two firsts for Papley, Cameron and a pick back (not sure what value it should have). Is it overs? Yeah probably, but they both fill a position of dire need and the Swans have all the bargaining power at this stage.
I agree. We have to accept that we pay overs for a contracted player. It comes and goes around (like how we ruined Adelaide with Gibbs haha).

Feel like this will ultimately come down to whether the Swans are actually interested in Daniher, and how much they want him. Because from their position if they can orchestrate a situation where they lose Papley but get Daniher they may well come to the table with us.

"My source is very close to home in terms of coniglio himself and the mail is the same. "

"If my source turns out wrong, I don’t blame my source at all it becomes clear that something has changed "

ROFL Hawks "ITK" reveals his hand. Classic. Nash has got nada.

*dismissive wanking gesture*
Nash Temple still taking it to the bank?

Pick 8 will be Pick 9 when GWS nominates academy player Green after a bid comes in very early..
Papley would make our forward line and team instantly better, we're crying out for his type
He's no way worth 2 firsts but in a weak draft well worth the pick 9
He's only 22yrs old and a clever beautifully skilled & a multi positional player
There's also the chance to pickup more of his type "small forwards" in the draft as well, Papley & youngster
I'm not getting worked up over loosing a draft pick, he makes us a stronger, better team instantly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back