List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL.com.au brownlow predictor has Walsh currently in equal 11th place (12th if including ineligible Heeney) - which is crazy considering heā€™s clearly below his best. Heā€™s also 17th in the Coaches votes. All this after missing the first four games of the season.

So heā€™s actually had a pretty damn good season compared to the competition and hopefully we make it to the Finals and he gets the bye to help with whatever is ailing him and then watch outā€¦

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I don't think it shows he had a damn good season so much as it shows the voters are swayed more by the name than the form.

I love Walshy and I think he's a VG Player when at his best, but this season he has been well below his usual form, and there would be a lot of players that are having better years.

Walsh had an incredible 9-10 week period after coming back early this season.

It coincided with all of our most important wins against very good opposition.

The last 7 or 8 weeks his output has been significantly lower and is at least in part a reason for the team's poor results.

Seeing him so high on some of these awards is no surprise, he was absolutely elite earlier this year for an extended period.

If he can recapture it, somehow, there is no ceiling on the rest of our season. Sadly the drop-off has been so noticable it must be a niggle of something keeping him away from his best.

I don't think it shows he had a damn good season so much as it shows the voters are swayed more by the name than the form.

I love Walshy and I think he's a VG Player when at his best, but this season he has been well below his usual form, and there would be a lot of players that are having better years.

Agreed. I think they may have got carried away by the stats, rather than what he was doing.

Has been tried there before, wasn't athletic enough to stick with the VFL forwards. Too slow and didn't have the leap to get his fist over the top, can't imagine he'd be better off after a knee reco
I am starting to really think lol people wanting us to trade Curnow and Mckay both to other clubs so we can play Jack Silvagni.

We donā€™t have any exposed form from this year so naturally we are looking at performances and attributes based on aged infoā€¦
As are those dismissing the idea of Jack in defence.
Are you related to Jack their no chance he will play down back if he not in the ruck or up forward he in the 2. The Coach Voss even said of TDK and Pittonet he will not play even if one plays Kemp will be used or Kennedy as 3rd tall. The club even struggle to give a 25 year old at the time a 2 year deal not 4 it tells you it on their term. He missed 1 of his 2 years already players are developing. He has 1 year left coming back from ACL it take him a while for him to even be confident to go hard to not do more damage to injury again. He will likely play VFL then be used when players have a rest or injured. I be very surprise if he plays more than 10 games. i expect him playing about 5-8 games at most more likely 5 and be a free agent to explore and try possibly at St Kilda maybe North Melbourne. Being realistic Jack will be our leader of The VFL side just like greats David Glascott did around 1990, Wayne Harmes and Jim Buckley around 1987.

Last edited:
Are you related to Jack their no chance he will play down back if he not in the ruck or up forward he in the 2. The Coach Voss even said of TDK and Pittonet he will not play even if one plays Kemp will be used or Kennedy as 3rd tall. The club even struggle to give a 25 year old at the time a 2 year deal not 4 it tells you it on their term. He missed 1 of his 2 years already players are developing. He has 1 year left coming back from ACL it take him a while for him to even be confident to go hard to not do more damage to injury again. He will likely play VFL then be used when players have a rest or injured. I be very surprise if he plays more than 10 games. i expect him playing about 5-8 games at most more likely 5 and be a free agent to explore and try possibly at St Kilda maybe North Melbourne. Being realistic Jack will be our leader of The VFL side just like greats David Glascott did around 1990, Wayne Harmes and Jim Buckley around 1987.

Am I related to him?

Are you on the match committee?

I like the idea of potentially using him back, you donā€™t reckon itā€™s possible coz, well you think Voss doesnā€™t like it and the club doesnt rate him.

Cal on Gettable saying Vossy has reached out to Dan Houston....
Any insiders have any more gossip on this one?

Thanks in advance,
Me

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was in AA form until around the giants game. Reckon heā€™s been sore since. But the 12 games or so before then, he was exceptional

View attachment 2086115

Currently on the front page of the HS.

Any insight to the actual article?
Basically saying we wonā€™t entertain the two first round picks wanted by Port, particularly with our picks tied up with the Camporeale twins.

it then suggests that Blues might attempt to use an early pick before matching a bid on the Camporealeā€™s, but we wonā€™t give away current and 2025 first-rounders for a player who will be 28 next year.

In regards to Owies, that we are keeping options open and holding off on a contract offer for now.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically saying we wonā€™t entertain the two first round picks wanted by Port, particularly with our picks tied up with the Camporeale twins.

it then suggests that Blues might attempt to use an early pick before matching a bid on the Camporealeā€™s, but we wonā€™t give away current and 2025 first-rounders for a player who will be 28 next year.

In regards to Owies, that we are keeping options open and holding off on a contract offer for now.
Smart list management.

More trades like Blacres, Hewett, Newman please..... guys who are best 22 at current club but are getting squeezed out by salary cap/team balance. (Elijah Hollands trade also a masterstroke, but we got lucky there on price).

None of this 2 x firsts rubbish. Players rarely end up worth the price.... Especially not for a 27yo. That's what free agency is for.

Last edited:
More trades like Blacres, Hewett please..... guys who are best 22 at current club but are getting squeezed out by salary cap/team balance. (Elijah Hollands trade also a masterstroke, but we got lucky there on price).

None of this 2 x firsts rubbish. Players rarely end up worth the price.... Especially not for a 27yo. That's what free agency is for.

100% agree here. This is why I didn't make the post that I did until the media was rolling with it yesterday. 2 firsts for Dan is absurd for a club with numerous other holes on the list and a previously stated commitment to building the list profile during our window regardless of who's pushing to get you to the club

This owies stuff is really confusing? Why aren't we giving him a contract?

This owies stuff is really confusing? Why aren't we giving him a contract?
we give a no name player a chance

He develops nicely ā€¦averaging 1.24 goals a game over last 2 years

but delay contract talks

Other players prove useless ā€¦give multiple year contracts

Never change blues

we give a no name player a chance

He develops nicely ā€¦averaging 1.24 goals a game over last 2 years

but delay contract talks

Other players prove useless ā€¦give multiple year contracts

Never change blues
Our only small forward to prove durable and consistent i.e. do his job.

Yes, he'll never be Kysaiah Pickett, but:

2024 goals:

Pickett - 34 (12 assists)

Owies - 32 (14 assists).

To put him in some perspective:

1724193263441.png

Last edited:
Our only small forward to prove durable and consistent i.e. do his job.

Yes, he'll never be Kysaiah Pickett, but:

2024 goals:

Pickett - 34 (12 assists)

Owies - 32 (14 assists).

To put him in some perspective:

View attachment 2086135
Wowee didnā€™t realise he was that good šŸ‘šŸ‘

What if he gets Lachie Schultz type compensation?
Or what if he wants significantly more cash/terms than what we are prepared to offer?
What if weā€™ve already hooked a fish that plays his position for similar output, is quicker and more of a defensive mindset?
Thereā€™s many variables here, I just hope it doesnā€™t end up where it ended up with Tuohyā€¦

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back