Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly, two 1st rounders is lazy list management chat, there’s generally a pick coming back, in this case say a 2nd this year.

That would allow us with the possible trading of Owies, Kennedy, Carrol and Young, to have 4 2nd round draft picks, which should be able to get us a pick in the teens and early 20s.

Secondly what would you rather? Fixing an area of need with a young known quantity that would ensure TDK stayed in Blue for life.

Or.

The chance of fixing two areas of need with unknown quantities where, we might address two areas, one or zero if we get it wrong?

Not sure where to post this and if mods want to switch it that’s fine but I just want to vent on David Schwartz and his stupid predictions.

Dusty to the suns on a 2 year deal (WRONG)

Cats will destroy the lions by 40-50 pts (WRONG)

Swans by plenty over the lions (WRONG)

He just talks crap and has since he’s radio days not sure why he gets so much oxygen as a so called expert.

Feel much better now.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Totally agree as his comments during the finals were utter bovine excreta and smacked of him just trying to be "the human headline"........with apologies to Sam McClure for borrowing his title. I think it was him as well that predicted King becoming the new Eagles coach, but maybe I am wrong there as there were just so many opinions floating around during the finals.....:rolleyes:

There was mention today that Motlop had been mentioned in some discussions, or potential trade/interest with PTA.
Really? We talking Facebook/Reddit or somewhere with a hint of credibility?

If it’s at all credible, u really should be referring to him as, “future gun small forward with unquestionable pedigree & lineage, who was unfortunately cruelled with injury this season” Jesse (we would need a 1st round pick) Motlop 😂

Interesting if true

I’m confused by the Rumour thread, the list management thread and now a trade thread tbh. They are actually all related and the list management and trade threads pretty well the same. Well to me they are 😂

You missed the National Draft thread 😂

Really? We talking Facebook/Reddit or somewhere with a hint of credibility?

If it’s at all credible, u really should be referring to him as, “future gun small forward with unquestionable pedigree & lineage, who was unfortunately cruelled with injury this season” Jesse (we would need a 1st round pick) Motlop 😂

Interesting if true
Trade Radio (or SEN), can’t remember by whom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m confused by the Rumour thread, the list management thread and now a trade thread tbh. They are actually all related and the list management and trade threads pretty well the same. Well to me they are 😂
Think of the three as a modern update of Dante’s 9 circles of hell

Modern society no longer has time for the other 6

His 2022 was outstanding but, through (major) injury and form, he hasn’t reached the same heights since. Geelong also have an elite defensive unit, which may have made him look better than he was if he came to us.

Not trying to disparage him at all, but you’d want to be confident that he can regain his 2022 form if we were to give up pick 11.
He's a 23 yo KPD that has proven himself to be amongst the best up & coming KPP in the comp.
You get him, manage to keep him fit & you've got a key pillar locked down for around a decade.
I doubt he's looking to leave but you'd be looking at a first + to secure someone like him just as we'd be looking to secure something significant if his brother were to depart.

Have just followed up with my source. Apparently the 5M for over 6 years was not enough to satisfy D’orazio (SDKs manager) as he believes next year he will become the most paid player (more then mac Andrew) when he is out of contract next year. D’orazio purposely leaked to Twomey this in hope Carlton will up their offer. Can confirm we can’t offered more then 850K a year on our books. We are looking at a couple other players that have been mentioned on this thread in the past (Houston trac) as well as some others ready made options but it’s on OUR TERMS. We have made it clear to teams we do want a ready made player for 850K which is what we can afford in our cap but only if they are happy too at that price AND still enables us to take a first rounder to the draft this year also.
Yeah, sounds about right for a player managers mind set & if he thinks his number is $1m or more that’s a lot of cash to leave on the table for your long term contract, nice hustle getting the extra info 👍

Can’t recall ever seeing Weitering beaten in a one on one contest.
Working with another serious KPD so he’s not trying to be everything for everyone would take Weitering to another level and seriously set up our backline …

Love Weiters but I agree he needs a smarter KPD partner - he wins 1:1 contests but regularly he loses contests because he is not in them

This could be resolved by getting a SDK
but let’s be honest it starts in the middle and nowadays if your forward line doesn’t function - your defense pays. Our defense is okay, we need a fit/healthy midfield and a functioning forward line

We need TDK to be fit
, he’s a viable ruck but becomes an excellent 2nd Ruck Rover when the ball hits the ground and limits damage when the opposition gets the ball - that slows down entry - Weiters needs that

We need Cerra to be fit - he is quality with runs under his belt but we also need to figure out the midfield mix, we need speed - get Walsh fit and or Carroll/Lord adding to the mix - I like Kennedy but he makes us too slow inside. What role does Doch play?

We need a defensive half forward - losing Fogarty and Cottrell was disastrous - Fantasia was just stupid, not playing Cincotta instead - foolish

Small Forwards is the focus for mine - if Motlop and Durdin aren’t fit - play Moir or play a 1st round recruit
I like Owies, he kicks goals, if we had have had a fit defensive forward back end of season he wouldn’t look as poor defensively

In Summary
1) Inness could be our most important recruit
- we need a fit midfield and more games into Lord/Carroll and a fit/healthy defensive forward and small forwards
2) we need a better defensive zone to stop teams from uncontested marks - Plan B
3) we need a better system to move the ball out of our D50

Draft Recruits
- 2024 First Round Pick on a Small Forward
Then flankers and/or Midfield (Ben and Lucas)
Recruits - don’t mind bargains like Hayne and Membrey for depth, but SDK and Houston - don’t sell the farm for them

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back