Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting to sound like people want Houston just to stick it up to the Pies...
Pies are going to stick it up themselves 😂
They have an ancient list, could be a record how old it is.
Having them load up, max cap space & ignore the draft is awesome for us.
Don’t think it will be enough to be a genuine flag threat but there drop off & stagnation could be a thing of beauty to watch for years on end 😉

Blues lift offer as Houston race heats up, Darling switch close, five deals to unlock key trades - https://www.afl.com.au/news/1239337

Based on this reporting I would say our offer is the best.

Trading F1 2025 + F2 2025 + Pick 34

For 13 and Ess F2 2025

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thats great news for us as it's an awful offer from Collingwood. F1 + Noble for 13 is fair. The Suns throwing in one 2nd rounder is well overs. Two is absurd.

If we are willing to stump up, I could see the suns doing the trade early with us. Once they no longer have 13, they can enter meaningful discussions on Noble. As long as they have it the Pies are going to insist its part of the trade. There's no downside for the suns. 0 chance pies send noble to the PSD when the suns have heaps of perfectly reasonable picks.

Cameron (GCFC) was preferring to deal with clubs they were trading with re: pick#13.

Don’t think it will be enough to be genuine flag threat but there drop off & stagnation could be a thing of beauty to watch for years on end 😉

Yeah I agree...

I'm actually really hoping that their arrogance becomes their downfall here...

We have a clear target to go after pick 13... should we obtain it, then they will really need to cough up to pay for Houston.

That would be best case scenario. They either scramble to find the picks to satisfy Port, or they miss out... either way I'm happy.

Should they obtain pick 13, then I'd be more pissed that we didn't get it than I would that it helps them bring Houston over.

Lose two 'bit part' (albeit with some talent) players for a dual AA player that makes the Pies immediately better.

This post screams more of hope than reality, me thinks.. 🙂
It’s a list management issue, pushes their profile to an even worse position in terms of overall age, especially given they’d have draft capital outgoing too (to get the pick from GCS that they want for Houston)

I’ve never been pro Houston at Carlton if we had to pay a price like that

Would prefer we not break the bank in terms of salary cap expenditure as well as draft capital

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who cares
I care about any hope of winning a flag in the next year or two. Don't think that happens by going to the draft, in my opinion.
Seems like the pies have a different strategy, i guess time will tell but they at least have a flag to show for it.

Don’t think it will be enough to be a genuine flag threat but there drop off & stagnation could be a thing of beauty to watch for years on end 😉
Exactly, pretty simple to understand

Heard the exact same thing about the Cats and look what happened

To be honest, as on the fence as it sounds I’m OK with either scenario.
Getting a gun like Houston (at a fair price) would be an excellent short term boost, for the reasons we all know.
But if we don’t, then taking those picks to a strong draft is probably the more responsible approach and will help us for the future. I acknowledge that our recent draft/development track record is not brilliant and makes people nervous that the picks will pan out - but I’ll back the decision makers to do the right thing.

Heard the exact same thing about the Cats and look what happened
The Pies are older than Geelong this year and Geelong lose their oldest players, Collingwood retain

This is dramatically worse than the Cats

I called this out with Richmond trading for Taranto and Hopper too and was laughed reacted to oblivion years ago - it’s a huge risk to blow your profile up like the Pies are in an effort to get one more

They really need one of their recent first rounders to come on

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back