Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

That owies salary ask leak is a little odd.

Why would we burn a player like that?

What indication do we have that the leak came from Carlton?

It makes no difference to us what his asking price is if we’re asking him to look around, it’s between him and and clubs he’s negotiating with
Takes some heat off the club as to why we'd let him go

TBH, it's definitely not to me. BUT, with 2 Colman medalists in KPF roles, you'd expect better than that.
Not blaming them solely, because delivery is poor, but tbh so is their leading patterns (when they happen).

A good mid with reliable disposal should draw them into space.
Better than the best?
Our third best forward can’t even find another club who wants him. I certainly think we should and could improve that part of our game but we were doing it better than anyone else.

Let's just say we somehow get 13 and the deal being reported being our F1 + F2 is what gets it done.

We now have 12, 13 and 34. However, we somehow need to get back into next year's 1st or 2nd round to abide by AFL trading rules. If we turn 34 into a future 2nd what do we have to add to 13 to bring in Houston because that alone isn't sufficient.

Trade 13 to Richmond for 24 and 32

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They want to make sure it will be on traded to Port for Houston because that pick will get the Lukosius deal done.

IMO our offer for 13 is much better than Collingwood’s which assigns way too much value to Noble as a trade asset.

I think the problem may be that GC aren’t sure we’ll do the Houston deal if we do get 13 off them whereas they know the Pies will.
So GC will give us 13 we give it port and then port give it back. Wouldnt it make sense to do three way trade then???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Owies wants 700-800k?

I know there's a new CBA, but I didn't realise the salary cap was jumping to $50M next year...
Owies trying to reverse “Money-Ball” himself a new job.

Whoever is advising him would feel a bit dopey that this got out.

High Five Tom Cruise GIF by Hollywood Suite

Matt Bain manages Owies - says that money isn’t a motivating factor. Seems hard to fathom at that price

Matt Owies’ manager Matt Bain has scoffed at a report that his client was demanding $800,000 per year to continue his AFL career.
The small forward is yet to be offered a contract at Carlton despite kicking 33 goals this season, and Bain told this masthead that Owies was “looking for opportunities to continue his career, rather than a pay rise”.

Matt Owies’ manager Matt Bain has scoffed at a report that his client was demanding $800,000 per year to continue his AFL career.
The small forward is yet to be offered a contract at Carlton despite kicking 33 goals this season, and Bain told this masthead that Owies was “looking for opportunities to continue his career, rather than a pay rise”.

Yep, there was never a chance that was true.

The only way would’ve been if Owies had an offer to become the CEO of a bank somewhere and was considering tossing aside his footy career so put in a ludicrous demand just to see if someone would bite.

He’s well aware that he’s a fringe best 22 player who has to make every post a winner to get picked each week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back