Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

• Attending overseas Red bull training camp
  • using the several week break abroad to help freshen up mentally after a difficult few months dealing with his injuries, the significant fall-out and intense trade speculation
  • Petracca has a partnership with Red Bull.

Last point there is the most interesting... he has a partnership... sounds like brand Petracca is more important.

I almost get the sense him being ticked off to return to field is just a "good excuse", suspect the Dees and their downfall that is coming fast as Max ages, Oliver is broken mentally, Goody continues on whatever he gets up to just think Trac wants to end up finishing his career with more success or a club that can let him improve his brand. He'll be at Geelong/Pies in 25.
Seems to me like they're trying to get ahead of the story. Instead of everyone finding out after the fact he didn't show up, they're saying "We know he won't be there, it's fine, he has commitments. Nothing to see here"

Issue is, there's lots to see here imo...

I'm not so sure. It's a sport where clubs have a salary cap, in a sport funded largely by members and the broader public, having some knowledge of what clubs are spending cap on is arguably relevant information for a supporter base in having trust that their club is being responsible, to a point.
Where have I said otherwise?

I said that the journos, nor us, actually have contract details. Sometimes raw numbers get leaked especially around FA acquisitions but even then it's complete guesswork afterwards as to the structure, incentives, base pay etc etc.

My point - Cleary is the same as us. Knows nothing about the structure or incentives etc on Williams contract. Says something outlandish for clicks and has a bunch of people getting baited all because they don't read well enough to see he said 'could be'. IE it's not journalism it's a click hunting opinion piece

RE: Kennedy, we should probably be moving him on, as well as Owies and Carroll regardless. They aren't right for us and deserve a better crack at their best positions in teams that can support and/or improve their weaknesses. Sell high, take some players in from the T&FA period.

RE: Russell not getting support and control and that Inness will, the Club had a performance review in 2021 that stripped Russell of control because he had too much and limited to no oversight? How much are we restoring that, and is that wise?

Last point there is the most interesting... he has a partnership... sounds like brand Petracca is more important.
You'd take the kind of money Red Bull would be throwing around for a bit of testing too. Club could be thanking him if it's not counted as an ASA while he gets elite training and support outside football department cap spend.

The only thing you should be potting him for here is that energy drinks are garbage and mostly serve to hop up kids and young adults for little to no benefit. It's over-caffeinated swill.

Nick Haynes? He's managed it well enough to play 205 games, be A.A and win a B & F.

The concern with him is that he is much, much closer to the end of his career than the start and that has form has tailed off recently.

He'll be a good role model and step into the breach every now and then but he's not getting recruited as a DFA to play every game. Think a player like Sam Durdin but slightly smaller (tall half back as opposed to a KPD) but much better back in his day.

It sounds very much like it's a done deal.
Think Haynes could be a rather handy pickup.
You don’t get AA selection just for the fun of it & if he’s feeling good and has a solid preseason u never know what he could do for us.
Watched a fair bit of GWS footy & when u see what Cal Ward does at 34 it gives me pause to right off people just on age (I know he’s not Cal Ward- just saying).

Where have I said otherwise?

I said that the journos, nor us, actually have contract details. Sometimes raw numbers get leaked especially around FA acquisitions but even then it's complete guesswork afterwards as to the structure, incentives, base pay etc etc.

My point - Cleary is the same as us. Knows nothing about the structure or incentives etc on Williams contract. Says something outlandish for clicks and has a bunch of people getting baited all because they don't read well enough to see he said 'could be'. IE it's not journalism it's a click hunting opinion piece
Think u hit the nail on the head with “click hunting”.
We don’t know the structures or where the cap is at & then a raw number out of context pops up & it’s thrown out there for “clicks”.
Fantasia could have been paid $400k this year as cap management- might be on **** all next year, but the $400k gets reported and turned into a story that really isn’t one.

RE: Russell not getting support and control and that Inness will, the Club had a performance review in 2021 that stripped Russell of control because he had too much and limited to no oversight? How much are we restoring that, and is that wise?

It's a matter of perspective, isn't it? "Empowering the HP head" is a less controversial framing than "reigning in the head coach."

This should be a massive warning as to not recruiting Dan Houston, You will never get a better example for not handing out a massive contract for an unaccountable halfback who made a name for themselves out of playing on the oppositions 5/6th best forward and who inflates his stats by taking 6/7 kick ins a game. At least Williams cost zero draft picks where Houston will cost at minimum a mid first round pick plus a second.

Nice to know that we'd be paying Houston to play midfield after playing his best football off half back for Port Adelaide.

Case by case basis.

• Attending overseas Red bull training camp
  • using the several week break abroad to help freshen up mentally after a difficult few months dealing with his injuries, the significant fall-out and intense trade speculation
  • Petracca has a partnership with Red Bull.

I almost get the sense him being ticked off to return to field is just a "good excuse", suspect the Dees and their downfall that is coming fast as Max ages, Oliver is broken mentally, Goody continues on whatever he gets up to just think Trac wants to end up finishing his career with more success or a club that can let him improve his brand. He'll be at Geelong/Pies in 25.

A Port Adelaide ITK elsewhere said Travis Boak has a similar partnership agreement with Red Bull as Petracca and that he took Horne-Francis with him last year. JHF has credited it with a massive part of his improvement this year.

Given that information, I think this is being overblown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we were down the other end that day.
"Phew, owies will kick this simple goal and it'll be done with".....had to watch a replay later to understand what the hell happened.....

He had a few moments in Melb games, shats the bed in clutch time?

I had to watch a replay later to work out wtf happened as well, mind blowing 🤯

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A Port Adelaide ITK elsewhere said Travis Boak has a similar partnership agreement with Red Bull as Petracca and that he took Horne-Francis with him last year. JHF has credited it with a massive part of his improvement this year.

Given that information, I think this is being overblown.
Can Cerra and his hammies head there too?

Fitness has and is being addressed after Cook has reviewed this dept heavily. Asked if Russell was issue and response was doesn't matter now but he didn't get support needed. There will be a number of changes.
“Didn’t get support needed” …So I wonder where the fault lies here? Who did Russell report to I wonder. Same place as all the other issues being reviewed. Cook only needs to make the one change here to address all of the three topics mentioned.

Nice to know that we'd be paying Houston to play midfield after playing his best football off half back for Port Adelaide.

Case by case basis.
Surely our recruiters don’t fall for that again trying to turn an expensive half back who has spent a minimal amount of time playing any other position into a midfielder.
I just can’t get my head around the cost for Houston probably $800k for 5/6 years plus at minimum a mid first round pick and a second round pick.
Lindsay or Travaglia from this years draft will go past Houston as a player within two years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back