Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

So Saints no longer in the race for Houston

Not surprised

It's happening isn't it? There is enough of the 'credible' journo brigade (Sam Edmund, Cal Twomey, even Kane (connection to Chad) that say Dan has effectively nominated Carlton. I suspect that's why SOS has pulled out and making it look like they 'didn't want him anyway'...

I reckon this whole deal all depends on if Harry Perryman decides to accept the big offer from Port. If that happens, Port won't be as reluctant to lose Houston. Money being offered on Perryman is vicinity of $800k/yr and losing Houston won't damage their cap.

According to Ralph, Edmund & co: Blues trade their 2025 First Pick to Richmond in return for one of the Tigers' plethora of first round picks they'll end up holding this year. This specific pick will be then on-traded to Port + steak knives for Houston.

Port (currently with no first round pick) then find themselves back in the first round of a 2024 draft that all clubs are desperate to have a pick in. Depth is off the charts.

Suits Richmond also as they want to spread their first round picks over a two year period - which is smart.

Blues get Houston & hold on to #11 (Joe Berry ;)) this year.

Last edited:
I think Houston is going to happen, because Dan wants it to happen, Voss wants it to happen and we are happy to sell future picks and there will be teams who will want to trade out their current first round for next year's (Richmond)

It will be one of those big complicated ones where a lot of pick swapping happens

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah Austin will get it done with Trac in there too

Math What GIF by Riki Barker

It's happening isn't it? There is enough of the 'credible' journo brigade (Sam Edmund, Cal Twomey, even Kane (connection to Chad) that say Dan has effectively nominated Carlton. I suspect that's why SOS has pulled out and making it look like they 'didn't want him anyway'...

I reckon this whole deal all depends on if Harry Perryman decides to accept the big offer from Port. If that happens, Port won't be as reluctant to lose Houston. Money being offered on Perryman is vicinity of $800k/yr and losing Houston won't damage their cap.

According to Ralph, Edmund & co: Blues trade their 2025 First Pick to Richmond in return for one of the Tigers' plethora of first round picks they'll end up holding this year. This specific pick will be then on-traded to Port + steak knives for Houston.

Port (currently with no first round pick) then find themselves back in the first round of a 2024 draft that all clubs are desperate to have a pick in. Depth is off the charts.

Suits Richmond also as they want to spread their first round picks over a two year period - which is smart.

Blues get Houston & hold on to #11 (Joe Berry ;)) this year.

I must be missing something here, but why is that smart?

They are going to lose the players like Baker, Rioli and Bolton this year anyway, so they have the picks to use. The draft has depth, so what is it that benefits them by waiting?

Surely you get players into the club ASAP and develop and bring them along together? Imagine if SOS had said in 2015, I'll take Weitering and McKay but leave the Curnow pick for next year because it's good to spread them out.

I would understand if this year's draft lacked depth and next year projected as significantly superior. As I said, I might be missing something, but what is it?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Confirmed delistings are NOT RUMOURS.

Belongs in List Management:-

Club thinks we're in a good spot to get Houston.

Owies is being used as trade bait.

Happy to share my source with a mod.

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Mitch Cleary was saying on SEN this morning that clubs believe we haven’t offered a deal to Owies yet because we are working on something else and clearing money for Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back