List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Owies, Kennedy, Carroll and Pittonet should all be told to canvass other club too. We need to trade out players , flexibility in salary cap total, and draft picks. Picks 15 to 30 are interesting too prior to Tassy joining this a deep draft , must tap in on some quality youth now.

Maybe/No/Yes/Yes

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

People underestimate how much work on trades and deals happen during the year.
Clubs have substantial knowledge and understanding of a playerā€™s worth well before they get to exit interviews.
Suspect Freo didnā€™t like Martinā€™s medical. Surprise, surprise.
I also suspect that clubs would only be interested in taking him as a DFA given his injury record.

People underestimate how much work on trades and deals happen during the year.
Clubs have substantial knowledge and understanding of a playerā€™s worth well before they get to exit interviews.
Suspect Freo didnā€™t like Martinā€™s medical. Surprise, surprise.
You don't think he still ends up there? I do. Now it'll be a free hit. Give him a small contract with various triggers. How much do they then really lose if it doesn't work out?

It would be poor form to pay out Orazio after doing it to LOB last year. For whatever people might think of LOB he played reasonable footy in 2023 when uncontracted and may have got a 2 year contract somewhere else. Has a down year with form, opportunity and injury and gets punted. Who knows if he could have turned it around this year. This is not a good way to treat people. If as a club you are not committed to the player for the 2year only give a single year.
It's business.

The guy struggles to get on the park then does next to sfa when he is out there....

He wouldn't be on a list now but for his relationship with Voss....

Martinā€™s body must be broken if weā€™ve delisted him-i.e zero trade value.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
yep, read a few opinions that he was worth a decent pick but i always thought if he had value we'd have presented a new contract

Why the hell do we delist them, instead of getting something back for them?
I know we're now getting 1st rounders or anything, but surely a 2nd rounder is better than nothing...
Drives me nuts.

Who the hell is going to cough up a 2nd rounder for a 30 yr old with a multitude of reoccurring soft tissue injuries???

We already have a bazillion picks in this draft we won't use given matching for the Camporeale boys won't require nearly as much as we first thought.

Keeping Jack Martin just to trade him for a pick we won't use is pointless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That he went home and was disillusioned with footy after being treated shabbily by Carlton not honouring a contract?
Isnā€™t he from Mildura?
He was paid out no doubt. The contract guarantees money not really a list spot. If he was disillusioned with footy rather then driven to try and make it back via VFL, SANFL etc then we probably made the right call. I imagine he just accepted his career had ran itā€™s course

Players Iā€™d love the club to have a look at..

Josh Ward
Harrison Jones
Sam Wicks
Malcolm Rosas
Riley Garcia
Angus Sheldrick
Jake Kolodjashnij

Maintains flexibility - there is no rush to delist him. What if Haynes does his ACL tomorrow? Our KPD on the entire list would be:

Weitering
Young
Haynes is a Marchbank replacement. We are still short a key position defender. IMO we have held onto S Durdin for now because we are pursuing someone but are not yet certain that the player targeted is coming.

We already have a bazillion picks in this draft we won't use given matching for the Camporeale boys won't require nearly as much as we first thought.

Keeping Jack Martin just to trade him for a pick we won't use is pointless.
Then use it in a package for future pick(s), as part of a pick upgrade; anything.
We want to be active in the tradie period but want to keep our 1st rounder and not jeopardise Cody Walker next year, yeah? We need to be creative.

I know we're now getting 1st rounders or anything, but surely a 2nd rounder is better than nothing...
Drives me nuts.

i kind of agree, but also he's not like a garlett/robinson situation where we telegraphed it and lost out, clubs are well aware he's sort of on the junkheap. rather than play shenanigans like he retires and unretires to get his way we may as well cut to the chase.
aside from a few exceptions (thornton) we've typically allowed players to explore their options for some time.

Drives me nuts.
We wouldn't have gotten a 2nd rounder, even if he had a contract offer for 1 year, but we might have gotten a 3rd/4th rounder, which would at least let us elevate a rookie.

No, to keeping Matt Carroll. If their is one lesson that we have to learn from 24, it is injury prone players cannot be kept on

the list. Matt will have to go, unfortunately.
Think that is one for the insiders. Surely someone is doing due diligence as to the chances of moving on from his issues. Injuries vary. Prognosis after recovery is the key. If we rated him highly enough and have seen glimpses on the track along with good character and work ethics.

Totally see the advantage of extra list spots, even for rookies and share your eagerness to make every spot meaningful. We will have medical feedback and feedback from the incumbent and in coming S&C gurus.

I know we have seen many poor decisions in the area, but if he is an impressive kid is worth some consideration. Maybe they want Inness to make a hands on assessment of Matt as well as Nigel.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management Part 2 šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Back