Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez the guy can't catch a break with injury and then goes there? He truly angered fate somehow.

I know he would have wanted to have played more games but I'm sure his bank balance looks pretty healthy

People claiming that Dow was going to embarrass Carlton by averaging 30 touches and a goal a game at the Saints
Thanks, now I can look out for that and laugh a lot.....but I wonder if they mentioned the dodgy free kicks he would have to get for those goals, like the one against Crippa in our game!!!

People claiming that Dow was going to embarrass Carlton by averaging 30 touches and a goal a game at the Saints
In fairness the guy was injured most the year. Kinda hard to judge if he will be a success for them based off this year because of it. He may be a player who doesn't live up to his draft capabilities but I suspect a few more games are required at St Kilda prior to say he's a bust for them too.

I'm happy to admit I thought he added something to our midfield, but 30 & 1 is a stretch. In saying that I don't actually remember people saying that. People did say we would regret it but I don't recall the 30&1 crowd.

Here's hoping he makes a career for himself there. Always hope that ex blues players thrive when they move, except when playing us lol.

In fairness the guy was injured most the year. Kinda hard to judge if he will be a success for them based off this year because of it. He may be a player who doesn't live up to his draft capabilities but I suspect a few more games are required at St Kilda prior to say he's a bust for them too.

I'm happy to admit I thought he added something to our midfield, but 30 & 1 is a stretch. In saying that I don't actually remember people saying that. People did say we would regret it but I don't recall the 30&1 crowd.

Here's hoping he makes a career for himself there. Always hope that ex blues players thrive when they move, except when playing us lol.
It was basically the ongoing attack on Voss

I hope Dow becomes the best version of himself as a player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Cleary on Fireball Friday saying he’s still not ruling out Petracca leaving Melbourne

Not sure if many posters know this, but Petracca is Italian for 'Desperate to leave Melbourne but the salary and trade costs are too high'.

Pretty sure.

So when SOS left GWS for Carlton we ended up recruiting a lot of GWS discards. Now he’s at St Kilda and history repeats?
Forget Juddy.... Visy should have given SOS a recycling ambassadorship!!!

Last edited:
SOS strikes again

Marchbank and Cuners will probably get a gig too, just like Paddy "30&1" Dow and Stocker

Third time lucky on Marchy.

You can take it to the bank!

Early in JSoS's career the MC def preferred McGovern as third fwd tall when it was not warranted.

JSoS's discipline won out of McGovern's flakiness in the end so Mcgovern and his manager looked over at the perennially injured Marchbank and the scapregoat Plowman and said, I'm a risk here for third tall so lets try for that.

Def the club tried to prove Mcgovern's trade a success by playing him over JSoS for sweet FA output plus non stop soft tissue injuries.

The reason why McGovern was moved back was because the high performance and medical team thought it was the most likely way they could keep McGovern healthy and on the park. It's why even when we've had a desperate need for another forward (round 20 Vs Port Adelaide for example) they've preferred to try other players up there (in this case Lewis Young) up there instead.

Had nothing to do with JSOS.

McGovern's still very injury prone but it's had some positive effect.

Port winning means Dan Houston only unavailable for Round 1 next year now for whoever he ends up with.

Stephen Silvagni was a great player. But comes across as a miserable immature prick.

Did amazing in 2015 draft and managing the cap. But also had a heap of misses. (As most do)

Not to mention drafting Ben Silvagni who was always regarded as a peanut and his mate Finbar to keep him company.

The club is bigger than an individual or a family.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back