Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone here have any intel on something deano35 posted on TC saying that Young, Cerra and Kennedy have been told that they can explore trades id they wish

This is now really concerning if true because it has the potential to destroy the most important part of a team, it's harmony

Young is fine
Cerra and Kennedy...WTF????????????????????

Does anyone here have any intel on something deano35 posted on TC saying that Young, Cerra and Kennedy have been told that they can explore trades id they wish

This is now really concerning if true because it has the potential to destroy the most important part of a team, it's harmony

Young is fine

Interesting. Even in Young's case, if that was true, it would indicate that we have a ready-made type lined up as a replacement

Young is fine
Don't have an issue with this, all are in contract so it'll have to be a mutually beneficial trade and help us balance our list

Young is fine
I am guessing, not true. But, maybe it could be factual. Really do have the belief that our midfield needs a shake-up, to slow

and lacking two way runners. One thing we have learned, is you cannot have Crippa, Kennedy and Hewett in the guts at the

same time. We really do need both Lord and Carroll to have massive pre seasons. Problem is that Carroll is apparently

going to WC. Trading Kennedy (and I am a big fan) maybe a smart move. Coming off a career best season and all. Of

course the comp for MK would be very useful in securing our other needs.

Young is fine
I don't have Intel but on Cerra we have just invested in him going overseas to get treatment for a hamstring and Cleary said talks have started for an extension. On Young why would we willingly let him go and be left with just Sam Durdin as the only other key defender on the list (outside of Weitering)...

Does this poster have a history?

Young is fine
I'm all for it, midfield needs a rebuild and has for 3 years now. Part of that rebuild would see Hewett and Kennedy pushed out as either trades or reserve midfielders. I would suggest one stays on as a fringe or reserve mid.

Trading Hewett and Kennedy is probably unrealistic as maybe one would have trade currency but probably not both. And it cuts into our depth a little too far.

Our biggest issue to me is the lack of trade/draft capital this season. We really need picks so we need to offload a few players we can afford to lose who have value.

Kennedy was hardly used in the middle all season, which suggests that could be on the money. To me he seems like a likely trade out. Has been fringe all season. Not because he can't play but because he is a big slow immobile mid in a team that has a problem with that.

Cerra has had constant hamstring issues, the time to trade could be now before he loses too much value. The value we have got from Cerra in the last 3 seasons has been mediocre. I think we have learnt some lessons from waiting and hoping when it comes to talented injury prone players. Get out while you can.

We won't trade them without something favorable coming back in our way. Our midfield is a disaster and because of it, I don't think we will make finals next season unless it's fixed. I think too many teams will go past us. The lack of pace and agility which effects our ball movement and pressure is seeing us decaling rapidly as other teams rectify the same issues in their setup and pass us.

If Kennedy and Cerra have strong trade value and we can get some mids in who bring the qualities we need then we have the opportunity to modernise our midfield, quicken things up in there and go into 2025 with a midfield capable of playing modern football. If we can't make changes here, watch us miss finals as a mid tier team again.

I'd be happy to see these two mids go out and two quick, hard tackling reliable onballers come into the team. I think Lord will play and make a difference next season. It was a horrible decision to drop him for finals. The coach wants an arse kicking for that.

Young? If we are getting a key defender in then sure. Lets see what we can get back otherwise he has to be our fullback next season. No way Sam Durdin remains on the list.

It won't destroy team harmony, not making finals and progress is something that will do that. Regressing will do that. Teams trade players all the time, it's part of the trade.

There are a lot of player I would trade. If mids are coming in and they are good ones then Cerra, Hewett and Kennedy should be up for trade. I think that we should also float Motlop and Williams if we can get our hands on some genuine small forwards. Fogarty, Cottrell and Fantasia would be worth nothing but if someone asked I'd be interested. Jack Carroll, if the price is right but I am half inclined to keep him. He's got pace and is developing but has lacked consistent opportunity. Owies, he is another who I would see what can come back our way. These are all players I would trade if it means we can upgrade on what we have otherwise we keep them.

People claiming that Dow was going to embarrass Carlton by averaging 30 touches and a goal a game at the Saints

You also claimed we were giving Bulldogs 2016 vibes after we won 3 of our last 9 games and fell into the 8.

Everyone gets things wrong.

Continuously bringing wrong calls up is stupid and provides nothing to discussion. Especially when you paraphrase it as a blanket statement when in reality, probably 2 posters said it.

You also claimed we were giving Bulldogs 2016 vibes after we won 3 of our last 9 games and fell into the 8.

Everyone gets things wrong.

Continuously bringing wrong calls up is stupid and provides nothing to discussion. Especially when you paraphrase it as a blanket statement when in reality, probably 2 posters said it.

I think it leads to a sentiment by many regarding the club and especially our coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young is fine
Whats the posters track record like ?

Think it's pretty clear that he is a limited player, with us and the Saints

I think his development was stunted by going through 3 coaches in his very short career at Carlton.

I will leave others to comment on Deano’s track record on TC.

Turning then to the rumour. If the AFL is anything like the EPL, clubs suggest to players to look for a new club knowing not all of them will find a new home. At that point, they are largely welcomed back with “no hard feelings.”

Of those on Deano’s list, Young is the interesting one to me. There has to be a replacement in the wings if we are prepared to let him go (not commenting on the veracity of the rumour).

In terms of Kennedy and Cerra, it gets back to Walshy’s points in the draft thread last week of what we can do to bring a point of difference to our midfield. Perhaps the coaches see trading out big bodied but slowish mids as one way to achieve that difference? I guess we will see…

I will leave others to comment on Deano’s track record on TC.

Turning then to the rumour. If the AFL is anything like the EPL, clubs suggest to players to look for a new club knowing not all of them will find a new home. At that point, they are largely welcomed back with “no hard feelings.”

Of those on Deano’s list, Young is the interesting one to me. There has to be a replacement in the wings if we are prepared to let him go (not commenting on the veracity of the rumour).

In terms of Kennedy and Cerra, it gets back to Walshy’s points in the draft thread last week of what we can do to bring a point of difference to our midfield. Perhaps the coaches see trading out big bodied but slowish mids as one way to achieve that difference? I guess we will see…

Young is our only true KP defender behind Wrtiz.
Kennedy has been played in ever position on the ground this year and hasn’t let the team down or whinged.
Cerra hamstrings must be cooked or we don’t rate as a midfielder and have better options? Yeah right.

Deano does get good mail but I can’t see any of this above or therefore this rumour being true.

tbh, I'm really hoping that this is what the club is trying to do...

People lose their shit when they hear about us looking to trade players like Cerra, Kennedy etc... seems like they just want to bring talent in without losing anything... good luck with that...

When we have surplus in an area and obvious holes in other areas, then it makes sense to try and exchange that surplus in order to bolster areas we need to...

Young is our only true KP defender behind Wrtiz.
Kennedy has been played in ever position on the ground this year and hasn’t let the team down or whinged.
Cerra hamstrings must be cooked or we don’t rate as a midfielder and have better options? Yeah right.

Deano does get good mail but I can’t see any of this above or therefore this rumour being true.

We're not going to shop Young around without having some one ready to bring in...

Kennedy has been a great servant, but there's more than one reason he gets moved around a lot...

Shopping a player like Cerra around means that we are either looking for another 1st rounder, or we've been talking to another player or two worth that who brings a point of difference to our midfield

Club needs to stop piss farting around... to win a premiership you have to make tough list decisions some times.

tbh, I'm really hoping that this is what the club is trying to do...

People lose their shit when they hear about us looking to trade players like Cerra, Kennedy etc... seems like they just want to bring talent in without losing anything... good luck with that...

When we have surplus in an area and obvious holes in other areas, then it makes sense to try and exchange that surplus in order to bolster areas we need to...
Don’t see many whinging about Owies or Martin or Marchbank being let go. Might not agree with it but they are the positions of need so we are making changes to improve. Also, hopefully keeping the list balance.

Raising players like Young, Cerra and Kennedy to trade is crazy Vossy Brisbane heights. Need to consider we’re not rebuilding but challenging. For instance, if lose Cripps for a little while, Kennedy becomes our no.1 inside bull!!!

Need to be careful what you wish for…

Shame for Kennedy if true but writing was on the wall on reflection when he wasn’t given one position but was used as polyfilla all around the ground throughout the season.

With the potential trade of Young, adding to the culling marchbank and surely expecting the same for S Durdin, should mean that we anticipate netting at least 2 durable KPDs. I think Young could be persisted with off the back of his last few games but all depends on what’s available on the market.

As for Cerra, sending him OS could either an investment for return on field for carton next year or increasing hid value to an opposition club from a trade perspective to give confidence that his body can hold up to the rigours of the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back